ADVERTISEMENT

It's officially Iowa vs Illinois Day

You talk about poor sports....bitch at your AD, not UM

Keep hating. We have a legit gripe, and it doesn’t hurt UM at all to crown us co-champs for literally being +.5 on them in the standings (and, of course, making them look like high schoolers without Ayo). It’s not being “sore losers,” it’s standing up for ourselves when we (and others, like Nebraska) played a BRUTAL end to our schedule to accommodate Michigan getting extra rest for no other reason than they felt they deserved that luxury while no other Big Ten team received the same after pauses. “Michigan would have won all of those games!!!” Great, go prove it. They got blown out at Minnesota, so they shouldn’t get in the habit of claiming wins before they earn them. Again ... CO-champs is quite a reasonable solution and takes absolutely nothing from Michigan.

As for today, what a crazy awesome B1G semifinal setup. Should be two great games. And, just like you, I love our chances. We’re on a roll and dialed in, and I’m taking the Illini.

Keep hating. We have a legit gripe, and it doesn’t hurt UM at all to crown us co-champs for literally being +.5 on them in the standings (and, of course, making them look like high schoolers without Ayo). It’s not being “sore losers,” it’s standing up for ourselves when we (and others, like Nebraska) played a BRUTAL end to our schedule to accommodate Michigan getting extra rest for no other reason than they felt they deserved that luxury while no other Big Ten team received the same after pauses. “Michigan would have won all of those games!!!” Great, go prove it. They got blown out at Minnesota, so they shouldn’t get in the habit of claiming wins before they earn them. Again ... CO-champs is quite a reasonable solution and takes absolutely nothing from Michigan.

As for today, what a crazy awesome B1G semifinal setup. Should be two great games. And, just like you, I love our chances. We’re on a roll and dialed in, and I’m taking the Illini.

If you still had Bill Self, you’d be bored with conference titles by now.

1. Your own AD was part of the unanimous decision to use winning percentage if teams had to cancel games becsuse

2. You guys had a worse winning percentage.

3. You guys had an easier strength of schedule.

I think the Big Ten could’ve had a better solution.... maybe your AD should’ve suggested one.

1. Your own AD was part of the unanimous decision to use winning percentage if teams had to cancel games becsuse

2. You guys had a worse winning percentage.

3. You guys had an easier strength of schedule.

I think the Big Ten could’ve had a better solution.... maybe your AD should’ve suggested one.

He did. In his letter, in which he also addressed voting for winning pctg. several months ago. In an uneven and completely unprecedented season where one team played all of its games and won the most games in B1G play, while another didn’t but had a slightly better winning pctg., adapt and award them both a share. Seems fair and doesn’t harm Michigan’s accomplishments in the slightest.

Pride cost Apollo Creed too

Sounds like Illinois will win the BTT if the news is true about Livers being done for the season at Michigan.

^ Ah, nice. Thought I remembered you referencing some recent bad luck.
Oh no, I did.

These f***ing small conference tourneys had been kicking my a**.

(Just an example, but I just needed Coppin State to cover like +17.5 against Morgan State in a 3-leg parlay and they were up 9 at halftime.............they lost by 21.)

Started to rebound a little bit when the bigger tourneys started, and profited bigly from Illinois, Michigan and Oklahoma State yesterday.

Little Illinois/Iowa rivalry stats for us:

All-Time Series: 87-76 Illinois
Series in Champaign: 64-17 Illinois
Series in Iowa City: 56-22 Iowa
Series Since 2000: 23-14 Illinois
Series Since 2010: 11-10 Illinois
Series in BTT: 3-1 Iowa

Glad to see this rivalry has heated back up ... actually, a better phrase would be come back from the dead, lol.

Glad to see this rivalry has heated back up ... actually, a better phrase would be come back from the dead, lol.

I could blather on about growing up on the Mississippi River, but I won't. Those stats say alot

F***ing Champaign has been a thorn in Iowa’s side forever, even when Illinois has had bad teams.

And it doesn't feel like we have a 34-game series lead when in Iowa City. But those records truly reflect the significance of home court advantage in college basketball.

Thank god we get some color in this one. That Iowa/Wisky time warp had me thinking we were watching basketball back when Kentucky won half their titles. To the future. 🍻

oh and I L L!

I dare you to tell Dallas that

• Haha
Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT