ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to get back into the stock market

they have also stated that they need to build a factory to produce their product. this is why they are in negotiation with a major bottling company.

the beer company is Corona Beer that wants to make a infused CBD Beer.

there are videos out there of them having booths setup at the Arnold Sports Festival WITH their product. doesn't sound like a fact to me, also I have owned their stock since 2017.

companies that describe don't last that long, ran into a couple of them as they ussually only last about 3 months to 6 months, just to get the most money then shut down about as fast as they pop up. leaving people holding onto a bunch of worthless stock.

again just for you and a couple other posters
I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER FORTY YEARS.
this is not just a few week thing, owned stock in Fannie Mae, Magna for main companies.

DOW +33.33
S&P +16.19
10 T-Note -0.03
Oil finished @19.87, the lowest since 2002 after hours -0.09 @19.78
Gas 0.70 NC

Do you not remember the post I made last month that showed you how the price of gasoline works?

Have you ever tried googling “How do they come up with the price of gasoline”?
why do you leave out all the products that also comes from the same oil that that they get out of the same oil. thing like GREASE, heating oil, kerosene, tar, diesel, airplane fuel and plastic. there are other products that come from oil,

Gas is not the only thing that they get out of oil, so why do you ignore those products. oohhh that's right it does not fit in with your argument now does it, all you keep harping on is the gasoline

why do you leave out all the products that also comes from the same oil that that they get out of the same oil. thing like GREASE, heating oil, kerosene, tar, diesel, airplane fuel and plastic. there are other products that come from oil,

Gas is not the only thing that they get out of oil, so why do you ignore those products. oohhh that's right it does not fit in with your argument now does it, all you keep harping on is the gasoline
LOL

Plastics, makeup, paint and any of the other thousand common items made from oil have nothing to do with the current price of gasoline.

LOL

Plastics, makeup, paint and any of the other thousand common items made from oil have nothing to do with the current price of gasoline.
it should as they all come from oil and make up a sizeable chunk of their income.

you can't just throw the other revenue items out or in your case IGNORE the products they make money off of,

grease is one of the major money makers. it is sold in 1 lb tube or in barrels depending on who buys it. Farmer get the 1 lb tubes to grease their farm equipment
car dealership by it by the barrel to service cars, vans and trucks. they don't get it for free. tar is another major product that they get. some of it is sold in 1 gallon cans that people buy and use to patch their roofs with or coat cement basement walls to seal the walls. or its sold in a 25 lb what is called Tar babies, that commercial roofers use on commercial or industrial building roofs. after it is melted down to liqued form called HOT TAR roofing. that takes a lot of tar to cover, those are not cheap either,

you get 8 1 lb tubes of grease out of 1 gallon of oil. these products are what left over after its been processed to get Gas, Kerosine, Diesal, and other distilled fuels.

LOL

stop lying like a typical oil man does, by leaving all the products that they make money from.

crying as if the gas was the only product they use to live off of.

ohh boo hoo boo hoo. diesal fuel and premium gas that ussually costs 50 cents per gallon more than regular gas. Kerosene cost in some cases cost a dollar more, airplane fuel cost even more.

that 5 different fuels that comes from oil. yet it is liars like you that cry about not making enough,

how much do you make?

Literally LOL’ed at that followed by “how much do you make”.

Gil, I’m out. Good luck with your stock.

Literally LOL’ed at that followed by “how much do you make”.

Gil, I’m out. Good luck with your stock.
afraid to let people know how much you make?

can't handle the truth about how money these refineries actually make off of the oil they buy?

20 years ago it was released that they make 838 dollars off of each barrel. in that break down the money from the gas was pure profit, because the other products covered all the bills, salaries, upkeep, taxes and other items related to running the refinery.

as they process oil by the barrel and in multi million quantities per day. ohh boo hoo boo hoo these poor poor oil companies, makes me sad that I can't reach that far to feel any sorrow for them.

afraid to let people know how much you make?

can't handle the truth about how money these refineries actually make off of the oil they buy?

20 years ago it was released that they make 838 dollars off of each barrel. in that break down the money from the gas was pure profit, because the other products covered all the bills, salaries, upkeep, taxes and other items related to running the refinery.

as they process oil by the barrel and in multi million quantities per day. ohh boo hoo boo hoo these poor poor oil companies, makes me sad that I can't reach that far to feel any sorrow for them.
I just don’t post how much money I make online. I don’t believe it when anybody else tells others how much they make so I assume that goes the same for others.

I just don’t post how much money I make online. I don’t believe it when anybody else tells others how much they make so I assume that goes the same for others.
then don't bitch about how much a company makes or doesn't make then,

if you are one of those making $40 per hour, sorry but don't bitch about how much the company is making and/or losing, maybe they should cut it to $20 per hour.

myself as a Robotic operator only made $17 per hour, had to program and repair the robot's. also ran a transfer press. robotic welder. so I was not just a average line worker.

I could care less if people know or knew how much I made as it was NEVER CONSIDERED SUPER TOP SECRET.

then don't bitch about how much a company makes or doesn't make then,

if you are one of those making $40 per hour, sorry but don't bitch about how much the company is making and/or losing, maybe they should cut it to $20 per hour.

myself as a Robotic operator only made $17 per hour, had to program and repair the robot's. also ran a transfer press. robotic welder.
I don’t seem to recall ever bitching about how much money any company made or didn’t make.

I don’t seem to recall ever bitching about how much money any company made or didn’t make.
you sure did cry cry about it awhile ago. make up your mind already. as to why they need to have oil prices need to be in the $60 range.

you sure did cry cry about it awhile ago. make up your mind already. as to why they need to have oil prices need to be in the $60 range.
$60 oil provides job security for millions of people. I broke it down for you already. I can’t keep explaining things to you. You might be the most stubborn person in the world. You literally agree with nothing anybody tells you and you don’t care to listen to any explanation that educates you on how things work in the world.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
$60 oil provides job security for millions of people. I broke it down for you already. I can’t keep explaining things to you. You might be the most stubborn person in the world. You literally agree with nothing anybody tells you and you don’t care to listen to any explanation that educates you on how things work in the world.
how does $60 oil provide job security?
$20 oils actually helps the economy.

it allows more money to be spent by the avg consumers, going out to eat keeps resteraunts open and people working, lets people spend their money on food, clothing keeping manufactors running as people will buy cars, pickups and vans. this also keeps people employed. and since the government taxes gas by the gallon for road work, buying gas now at around $1 per gallon the country makes more money to pay road construction worker working in building new roads and maintaining the current roads cement. asphalt or gravel in the summer and winter
at a $1 per gallon they get more money vs @ $2.50 to $5 per gallon where they get the same amount on less gas that is bought.

your argument makes no sense, also with cheaper fuel the cost to transport the products is much more cheaper, which in turn means the product is also cheaper.

again cheaper oil = cheaper fuel = cheaper products = more money in the consumers pockets to spend,

DOW +374.28
S&P +44.81
10 year T-Note -.02
Oil -1.88 to 17.99
Gas +0.08 to 0.78

Natural Gas reported a build which ussually is a bearish report +0.10. speculator ignoring supply and demand. for both Gas and Natural gas.

gotta keep those dividend checks at a high level.

Have any of you gotten into the stock market recently?

You haven't been? You think it's going to go lower?
I told you when I went back in. (March 19th) I have done nothing since. What about you?

I think new data will be the next driver. The economy is effected even worse or better by these unknown factors. That will either depress or raise the market. IMO

I told you when I went back in. (March 19th) I have done nothing since. What about you?

I think new data will be the next driver. The economy is effected even worse or better by these unknown factors. That will either depress or raise the market. IMO
I added more to JetBlue and American Airlines this week. A little risky, but I think we’re on the upswing and with summer coming up I think they could have a small rebound. I’m still high on Boeing.

I’m not sure what to do with my small Tesla stock. I sold last time when they were up 30% and it ended up climbing to almost $1,000. Might ride this out and see where it goes even though it’s currently up nearly 50%.

I added more to JetBlue and American Airlines this week. A little risky, but I think we’re on the upswing and with summer coming up I think they could have a small rebound. I’m still high on Boeing.

I’m not sure what to do with my small Tesla stock. I sold last time when they were up 30% and it ended up climbing to almost $1,000. Might ride this out and see where it goes even though it’s currently up nearly 50%.
The airlines got hammered, but the gov't supporting them and the low fuel (fuel is on contract, so don't know how to figure) should help them. I don't know the lasting effect of people being afraid of the close quarters of planes will have even when they open back up.

I wish I had tried to corner the toilet paper market. I didn't see that one coming.Laughing

The airlines got hammered, but the gov't supporting them and the low fuel (fuel is on contract, so don't know how to figure) should help them. I don't know the lasting effect of people being afraid of the close quarters of planes will have even when they open back up.

I wish I had tried to corner the toilet paper market. I didn't see that one coming.Laughing
Outside of a quick, massive rebound, I expect the airline stocks to be long term investments.

Outside of a quick, massive rebound, I expect the airline stocks to be long term investments.
There are always what ifs... What if we have a recession. What if US shale production halts and oil zooms up. What if the damage to individuals is so severe that they hold off on air travel. What if the economy opens back up, but there is no vaccine for a long time, will people travel? I do not have these answers and am not predicting it.

I like pharma, companies that make disinfectant and cleaners. I see upside, but limited down side.

am i far off on thinking airlines are as dead as handshakes?

there's no way we go back to anything near normL.

I don't know. I think when everything opens back up, the world will be different than it was before it closed down.
Other than my wife.brother and mom, i'm never touching anyone every again.

The gay stalls are less appealing.

am i far off on thinking airlines are as dead as handshakes?

there's no way we go back to anything near normL.

Guess it depends on what time horizon you’re talking about. 2 years from now, people will probably be shaking hands and flying on planes like they did back in the 2019 olden days.

This thread is wild.

Gil loaf $127,000 in value of his penny stock and is here bragging to us about it?

And the penny stock is exactly the type of business that Leonardo Dicaprio set up in Wolf of Wall Street?

My goodness

Reactions: jwardelt
I’d be pretty aggressive if I were you but it’s really a to each their own kind of answer to your question.

Just realize my target date funs are invested in 95% stock 5% bonds at moderate and 100% stocks and 0% bonds at aggressive.

I set it to this:
2055 target date Moderate: 25%
2055 target date Aggressive: 25%
2060 target date Moderate: 25%
2060 target date Aggressive: 25%

Really no idea what I'm doing but it seems fine

Wow...finally got around to reading this thread. I’m not a Wall Street expert...oh wait...I spent a decade on Wall Street and now I do M&A/Strategy for a gigantic corporation, and I may have read some of the most comical sht ever. You guys know who I’m talking about. I’ll just leave it that.

Reactions: jwardelt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT