ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to get back into the stock market

I feel like when people in the future ask "how could the supposed best and richest country in the world be so incompetent in the face of an epidemic?" that I can point to this thread and feel like I answered the question. Egads, people. Egads.

UT men's basketball fans (all 4 of you) - the arrogance of KU fans with the trophy case of Vandy.
You say some stupid shit. I have not been arrogant, I just responded to a UK fan. Then you jumped in. I am the defender here, it may not seem like it, cause I'm kicking your ass, but I'm the defender all the same.

You say some stupid shit. I have not been arrogant, I just responded to a UK fan. Then you jumped in. I am the defender here, it may not seem like it, cause I'm kicking your ass, but I'm the defender all the same.

No, you are the moron who claimed UT men's basketball superior to that of UK. You made the ridiculous statement. I just put the clown shoes on you

No, you are the moron who claimed UT men's basketball superior to that of UK. You made the ridiculous statement. I just put the clown shoes on you
I said, UT has beaten UK 7-5 in the last 12 games they have played each other. I have further to that point said, that recent games are more important than ancient games, dumbass. So, unless you can find a quote and produce it, stfu.

Glad you're not on my side here. That would have guaranteed I was wrong.

NeglectedGreenBobolink-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Only a Rupptard would even suggest that KU fans are more arrogant than Kentucky fans.

But, hey, it’s what we’ve come to expect from you porch pissers.

Who said KU fans were more arrogant that UK fans? What reason would you have?

I said, UT has beaten UK 7-5 in the last 12 games they have played each other. I have further to that point said, that recent games are more important than ancient games, dumbass. So, unless you can find a quote and produce it, stfu.

No, you said UT is currently dominating UK in basketball. That was dumb but congratulations on your 7-5 edge in the last 12.

No, you said UT is currently dominating UK in basketball. That was dumb but congratulations on your 7-5 edge in the last 12.
I think "dominating" is your word, may I use it? I have only said UT has won 7-5 and that is true. You have been triggered over it for 5 pages or so.

Why didn't you just say congrats on the 7-5 or nothing at all in the first place and we could have avoided all this unpleasantness?

Who said KU fans were more arrogant that UK fans? What reason would you have?

Well, IF they were, it could be because they’ve been the better program in the modern era and have a much better home game atmosphere.

But hey, you guys were unmatched in the 40s and at the art of seducing your cousins. No one can take that away. No one.

Well, IF they were, it could be because they’ve been the better program in the modern era and have a much better home game atmosphere.

But hey, you guys were unmatched in the 40s and at the art of seducing your cousins. No one can take that away. No one.

Maybe you should worry about all those level 1 infractions and the need for a new coach?

By the way, you have what 2 national championships in the modern era to UK's 4? Wanna talk FFs? Didn't think so.

Take a lap Junior and let the adults talk.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think "dominating" is your word, may I use it? I have only said UT has won 7-5 and that is true. You have been triggered over it for 5 pages or so.

Why didn't you just say congrats on the 7-5 or nothing at all in the first place and we could have avoided all this unpleasantness?

So it's settled. UT has a slight advantage over the last 12 games and that's somehow a big deal to UT fans buy we all agree UK is the far more dominate team in this or any era.

Look how easy that was?

Maybe you should worry about all those level 1 infractions and the need for a new coach?

By the way, you have what 2 national championships in the modern era to UK's 4? Wanna talk FFs? Didn't think so.

Take a lap Junior and let the adults talk.

Nice try, but it’s well-established that the modern era began in the mid-80s. You have three titles in that span and fall behind in everything else, including final fours. About 100 wins behind.

Nice try, but it’s well-established that the modern era began in the mid-80s. You have three titles in that span and fall behind in everything else, including final fours. About 100 wins behind.

Oh, Mr. Infractions says it mid-80s? How convenient. How about we cut it off at 1990 but then that only leaves you with one title and that doesn't support your bad argument.

Wanna talk final fours? Championship games?

As I said, quit talking out of your a$$.

Oh, Mr. Infractions says it mid-80s? How convenient. How about we cut it off at 1990 but then that only leaves you with one title and that doesn't support your bad argument.

Wanna talk final fours? Championship games?

As I said, quit talking out of your a$$.

This is what cracks me up about you guys. You live for the game and argue over it like your soul depends on it, yet you know nothing about it.

A little research will tell you that the first year with the three pointer is widely considered the start of the modern era. I didn’t just draw an arbitrary line like you did.

And like I already said, KU has more final fours in that span.

Last edited:
So it's settled. UT has a slight advantage over the last 12 games and that's somehow a big deal to UT fans buy we all agree UK is the far more dominate team in this or any era.

Look how easy that was?
Kentucky is not the more dominate team in this era. The era of the last 12 games give UT the advantage.

This is what cracks me up about you guys. You live for the game and argue over it like your soul depends on it, yet you know nothing about it.

A little research will tell you that the first year with the three pointer is widely considered the start of the modern era. I didn’t just draw an arbitrary line like you did.

And like I already said, KU has more final fours in that span.

Let's add something that KU is truly more accomplished at than UK - cheating.

Yep - been clowning you like the Bozo you are.
The only way you could have been more of a clown is if you had driven to the thread in a tiny clown car. Every insult you have hurled, I have turn back on you and Kentucky. Tennessee has better education, dental hygiene, less addiction to Meth than Kentucky. Kentucky would have looked better if you had never showed up in the thread. You should apologize to the UK/Kentucky fans for embarrassing them.

Why did you do this? Because you were too stupid to realize that I didn't start anything with UK fans, though I brought that fact up several times as the thread trudge on. I only reacted to light hearted ribbing in kind. However, your larger issue is you can't accept that Tennessee has the upper hand in the series in the past 6 seasons. You need to get use to it, cause Barnes appears to have Cal's number.

The only way you could have been more of a clown is if you had driven to the thread in a tiny clown car. Every insult you have hurled, I have turn back on you and Kentucky. Tennessee has better education, dental hygiene, less addiction to Meth than Kentucky. Kentucky would have looked better if you had never showed up in the thread. You should apologize to the UK/Kentucky fans for embarrassing them.

Why did you do this? Because you were too stupid to realize that I didn't start anything with UK fans, though I brought that fact up several times as the thread trudge on. I only reacted to light hearted ribbing in kind. However, your larger issue is you can't accept that Tennessee has the upper hand in the series in the past 6 seasons. You need to get use to it, cause Barnes appears to have Cal's number.

7- 5 = UT having the better program in that pea brain of yours.

7- 5 = UT having the better program in that pea brain of yours.
I don''t blame you for not addressing what I posted, but your failure to engage doesn't make it go away anymore than you not liking UT's advantage over UK doesn't make it any less real.

During the season, it's nice to see who's going to be flavor of the month, but I guess flavor of the year it is.

SEC Champs

Winning the conference by 3 games (6 games over UT) is a nice tie breaker. i'm not sure why UT struggled so much against other teams.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I don''t blame you for not addressing what I posted, but your failure to engage doesn't make it go away anymore than you not liking UT's advantage over UK doesn't make it any less real.

Because you are a moron. No use to refute your lame retorts as they take the focus away from your idiotic statement.

During the season, it's nice to see who's going to be flavor of the month, but I guess flavor of the year it is.

SEC Champs

Winning the conference by 3 games (6 games over UT) is a nice tie breaker. i'm not sure why UT struggled so much against other teams.
Tennessee's problem was they were not very good. That didn't stop them in Lexington though. That win was a shocker.

SEC Champs

Did you hear that Dumb Della still thinks UT has a better program?

Because you are a moron. No use to refute your lame retorts as they take the focus away from your idiotic statement.
No use to attempt to refute when you can't. All you can do is pitch a fit and call names.Laughing

So, where are y'all on the market now (4-8-20)?As you know, I went back in with 30% of cash. I am up 13 or 14% from then. I have not made anymore moves.

Do you see a drop or rise? Have you invested or are you waiting for something? If you are waiting, what do you need to see happen?

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
So, where are y'all on the market now (4-8-20)?As you know, I went back in with 30% of cash. I am up 13 or 14% from then. I have not made anymore moves.

Do you see a drop or rise? Have you invested or are you waiting for something? If you are waiting, what do you need to see happen?
Down just over 1% still, but I had some stocks in American Airlines and JetBlue before this and they are the main culprits. Boeing just chilling around $150, should start seeing it make the slow climb back up to around $250 or $300 in the next couple of weeks.

I'm still down 15% YTD, but still haven't bought anything outside of my 401k / IRA.

With each green day even on the heels of bad news, I'm starting to wonder if the market even has any correlation to what is going on in the world. Millions unemployed? Going up. $2T in bailouts needed? Keep on chugging. Oil disaster? Climbing. 31% of the millions of apartment renters didn't pay their rent in April? Blastoff.

I'm still down 15% YTD, but still haven't bought anything outside of my 401k / IRA.

With each green day even on the heels of bad news, I'm starting to wonder if the market even has any correlation to what is going on in the world. Millions unemployed? Going up. $2T in bailouts needed? Keep on chugging. Oil disaster? Climbing. 31% of the millions of apartment renters didn't pay their rent in April? Blastoff.
The market is a reflection of expectations for 6mos+ The market lost over 30%, that means the market has already factored in a lot of pain.

The market is a reflection of expectations for 6mos+ The market lost over 30%, that means the market has already factored in a lot of pain.

So it factored in pain that it didn't even know about yet? The first unemployment report was twice as bad as they expected (expected 1.5m, it ended up 3m). $1200 stimulus checks are going to take months longer than they thought to reach everyone. Stay at home orders are being extended by more municipalities. Just doesn't seem like that first 30% drop could've possibly "priced in" all of the things that happened after March 23rd. Maybe that is the answer though, because it doesn't make a lot of other sense otherwise.

So it factored in pain that it didn't even know about yet? The first unemployment report was twice as bad as they expected (expected 1.5m, it ended up 3m). $1200 stimulus checks are going to take months longer than they thought to reach everyone. Stay at home orders are being extended by more municipalities. Just doesn't seem like that first 30% drop could've possibly "priced in" all of the things that happened after March 23rd. Maybe that is the answer though, because it doesn't make a lot of other sense otherwise.
It likely didn't.

After 15+ years of following this thing the only thing I know for sure is that nobody knows what they're talking about and nobody knows what will happen next. There are just as many articles out there written by Wall Street experts with Harvard MBA's that say the bottom will still be closer to 16,000 as there are articles out there written by Wall Street experts with Harvard MBA's that say it's all over and we'll be back to 29,000 within the year. I think that's why the only smart investment has always been to never stop buying in no matter what is happening. The only thing we know for sure is that if you're in it long enough you'll make money.

ADVERTISEMENT