ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to get back into the stock market

why does every thread not related to sports ALWAY turn into a pissing a match by a couple grade schoolers about well my team as X numbers of this vs your team has X number of this,

GFC the thread was about getting back into the market,
DOW +449.54
S&P +44.91
Oil -0.51 per barrel
Gas +0.05 per gallon this is a head scratcher as the demand has not changed in fact people are travelling less.

Reactions: I am stupid
No, kicking UK ass in CBB is kind new, but after six seasons, ya start getting use to it.

7-5 is only ass kicking in UTooth land. Using that logic you clowns are getting used to making it out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

7-5 is only ass kicking in UTooth land. Using that logic you clowns are getting used to making it out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.
Is going 5-7 getting your ass kicked in UKGumland?Laughing

No hillbilly - it's one win away from an even series. Math and dental hygiene are not your strong suit.
Just think, you're only two wins away from being Tennessee's equal. 7-5= 2, you uneducated hick, you can't go backwards only forward. Did you ever imagine the day you would be boasting of being not as good, but close to UT?

"It's not bad, we can't match up with the Vols, but we are kinda Close".Laughing

why does every thread not related to sports ALWAY turn into a pissing a match by a couple grade schoolers about well my team as X numbers of this vs your team has X number of this,

GFC the thread was about getting back into the market,
DOW +449.54
S&P +44.91
Oil -0.51 per barrel
Gas +0.05 per gallon this is a head scratcher as the demand has not changed in fact people are travelling less.

Iowa sucks

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I'm considering investing some as well. Mix of safe and industries that have tanked lately. However, if the Ky Governor is correct I'm thinking of "dollar-cost averaging" and buying some now. Then more if it continues to drop. Thoughts on this @SNU0821 ? Not looking to get rich off it, but it just seems like a good time to get in.

I got lucky on my 401k rollover and my checks were issued near market peak. My financial guy is still holding most of the money as cash, but has started dollar cost averaging into the market. I'm doing the same with some spare cash I had previously earmarked for finishing my student loans (debt is so cheap right now!). If you're just looking to get in as a long term investment, the dollar cost averaging approach is the best advice.

3rd morning in a row the markets are up.
DOW +846.07
S&P +91.28
oil -.74
gas +.05

to bad people won't get a chance to reap the cheap gas prices.

oil keeps dropping and gas keeps rising.

3rd morning in a row the markets are up.
DOW +846.07
S&P +91.28
oil -.74
gas +.05

to bad people won't get a chance to reap the cheap gas prices.

oil keeps dropping and gas keeps rising.
People are already reaping cheap gas prices.

People are already reaping cheap gas prices.
not those that are in quarenteen. by the time they get out the price of Gas will be over $2.00 per gallon. if not higher. they want their high dividend check.

its nothing but greed, back in the 60's before they had all this new tech to get oil out of the ground the companies were getting $10 per barrel. and making money hand over fist. today the tech is there to get oil out of the ground cheaper than its ever been.

these companies don't need these $10+ BILLION in profit every month.

profit after taxes and wages are paid out. including the people at the top that get 8 digit salaries.

not those that are in quarenteen. by the time they get out the price of Gas will be over $2.00 per gallon. if not higher. they want their high dividend check.

its nothing but greed, back in the 60's before they had all this new tech to get oil out of the ground the companies were getting $10 per barrel. and making money hand over fist. today the tech is there to get oil out of the ground cheaper than its ever been.

these companies don't need these $10+ BILLION in profit every month.

profit after taxes and wages are paid out. including the people at the top that get 8 digit salaries.
Very few people are in quarantine and still $2/gal is still pretty cheap gas. The gas price is based on Oil prices and refining availability/cost. Also, that cornahol from Iowa is probably more expensive to make than oil made gas.

If it will make you feel better Exxon qtrly earning were down 49% last qtr.

Very few people are in quarantine and still $2/gal is still pretty cheap gas. The gas price is based on Oil prices and refining availability/cost. Also, that cornahol from Iowa is probably more expensive to make than oil made gas.

If it will make you feel better Exxon qtrly earning were down 49% last qtr.
then why is the ethonal gas is about 40 cents per gallon cheaper. if its that expensive,

next point is oil keeps dropping as the demand.

ohh to bad at less than $25 per barrel they are making less money at 49%,

that must mean $60 per barrel they are making about 110% in profits.

you look more stupid with each post.

In the last 24 hours I’ve now learned that dragonhawk is fine with thousands losing their jobs as long as he can pay less than $2 at the pump. And he seems to think that’s what America wants and needs.

then why is the ethonal gas is about 40 cents per gallon cheaper. if its that expensive,

next point is oil keeps dropping as the demand.

ohh to bad at less than $25 per barrel they are making less money at 49%,

that must mean $60 per barrel they are making about 110% in profits.

you look more stupid with each post.
Why are you such a caustic SOB? I haven't insulted you in anyway during this discussion.
That changes with this post.

Ethanol is cheap because the Gov't subsidizes it you dimwit. Furthermore, corn is one of the least efficient products to produce ethanol with.

Oil is down in price primarily due to an oil price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia. It appears the Saudi's don't like other countries producing more oil than they agreed to produce, so they decided to punish countries that were non compliant by running wide open.

Demand effects gas, but you need to realize petroleum uses are not just gasoline. Only 46% of oil is turned into gasoline. Furthermore, refining availability can also have a large effect on gas prices.

Yeah, it is your bad pea brain. I said Exxon had a 49% drop in profits last Qtr. Companies report Qtrly earning at the end of the Qtr, not during the middle of one.. So, for that qtr. Oil ranged between $53-$63 range.

Finally, you be polite to me and I'll be polite to you.

Temporary up tick in the market IMO. Still think it dives to near 15-16 thousand on the Dow before the “ recovery” truly starts.

Temporary up tick in the market IMO. Still think it dives to near 15-16 thousand on the Dow before the “ recovery” truly starts.
Is that a gut feeling or do you base it on anything?

end of day markets
DOW +1351.62 3rd straight day looks like the bulls are returning to the market, @22,552.17
S&P +154.51 to 2630.07 3rd straight day

oil -1.89 per barrel @23.18 a drop of 7.7% erasing all the gains based on the stimulus package
Gas no change in spite of the projected bloated supplies.

Just think, you're only two wins away from being Tennessee's equal. 7-5= 2, you uneducated hick, you can't go backwards only forward. Did you ever imagine the day you would be boasting of being not as good, but close to UT?

"It's not bad, we can't match up with the Vols, but we are kinda Close".Laughing

Since you cannot follow along, if 1 win went the other way, it's an even series. Definitely not domination but I'll let your meth riddled brain claim victory if it makes you feel better about UTooth having less recent post season success than Butler.

Since you cannot follow along, if 1 win went the other way, it's an even series. Definitely not domination but I'll let your meth riddled brain claim victory if it makes you feel better about UTooth having less recent post season success than Butler.
If y'all had won them all, you would be undefeated. However, you are forced to live in the reality of being under UT's thumb. It is beyond ridiculous to project a false narrative and discuss it as if it were real. However, that is what the life of a UK fan has been reduced to, I suppose.

Butler? what an idiot. You need to come to terms with the fact UT plays UK twice or more times a year and UT has taken control. In the near future I will be installed as Governor of Big Orange country (Lexington sector). You should learn some manners and attempt to gain favor. GBO

If y'all had won them all, you would be undefeated. However, you are forced to live in the reality of being under UT's thumb. It is beyond ridiculous to project a false narrative and discuss it as if it were real. However, that is what the life of a UK fan has been reduced to, I suppose.

Butler? what an idiot. You need to come to terms with the fact UT plays UK twice or more times a year and UT has taken control. In the near future I will be installed as Governor of Big Orange country (Lexington sector). You should learn some manners and attempt to gain favor. GBO

How many times have I commended you on your arbitrary moment in time edge? I mean, it's just another game vs. a low P5 team for us but it's your Superbowl and I get it, you are thrilled. If you don't have any real tournament success at least you have this?

That's being very cordial to my mentally challenged brethren.

How many times have I commended you on your arbitrary moment in time edge? I mean, it's just another game vs. a low P5 team for us but it's your Superbowl and I get it, you are thrilled. If you don't have any real tournament success at least you have this?

That's being very cordial to my mentally challenged brethren.
UT 7 times Super Bowl Champs. UK 7 times Super bowl Losers!Laughing

You need to face the fact that the Team (Tennessee) that has beaten UK more than any other team has is starting a whole new level of ass kicking leading y'all 7-5.

I get the fact that others teams like Evansville kick y'all's ass too. So, if you're saying beating UK's ass ain't what it use to, I'll accept that.Laughing

15,000? That would be pretty surprising. We could touch 16,750 maybe, during a big panic day of selling. But 15,000 seems pretty far down.

But honestly, who even cares about the DOW? It’s 30 companies, most of which folks probably don’t even own. Average investor who owns individual stocks might own 3-4 DOW companies at most.

You need to face the fact that the Team (Tennessee) that has beaten UK more than any other team has is starting a whole new level of ass kicking leading y'all 7-5.

I get the fact that others teams like Evansville kick y'all's ass too. So, if you're saying beating UK's ass ain't what it use to, I'll accept that.Laughing

Yep - since 1950 UK has a 98-47 series lead. More than doubled you hillbillies up. But enjoy your 7-5 lead over the last 12 games, gumby.

Yep - since 1950 UK has a 98-47 series lead. More than doubled you hillbillies up. But enjoy your 7-5 lead over the last 12 games, gumby.
1950, hahaha Grand Pa. Since you seem to be behind the times, Tennessee is kicking UK's butt in the here and now.

I'm loving UK and UT fans calling each other rednecks,hicks and hillbillies.

Any UNC fans want to join in?
Well, he started the name calling and you started the UK/UT stuff on post #4.

1950, hahaha Grand Pa. Since you seem to be behind the times, Tennessee is kicking UK's butt in the here and now.

Just letting you know who daddy is (hint it's not the guy who also posed as your husband).

Just letting you know who daddy is (hint it's not the guy who also posed as your husband).
No, you're telling me about Grand Pa, but he is dead. Daddy wears orange and his name Rick. He has already got the KY blue grass in the Barns.Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT