ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

Selling his soul to Putin and Russia is at the top of the list. Gas prices going back up. Racial divide is as worse as ever. Locking kids up in cages and separating them from their families. Pissing off our allies in favor of Dictators he admire. Deficit and debt going up. Using the office to enrich his family. Vilolating the emoluments clause. Golfing too much.
So @Quavarius, you think after this idiotic post by you I should just have a rational conversation about the economy? It’s clear you don’t have a clue about the markets/economy as a whole or how policies tie into both. Why would I waste my time? But please, enlighten us on how Trump is responsible for increasing gas prices and not responsible for the increase in the markets? Explain why the market increased so drastically immediately following Trumps election. What were the drivers of that market increase and why did it go up? Compare and contrast the economic policies and regulations put in place by Obama and what Trump has done or repealed/removed since taking office.

I’ll hang up and listen...

That's not because of lower taxes or Trump, which no one can point to a single policy that is a direct result. You do know unemployment has been going down since 2010, once the recession ended, right?

How about the fact that Trump that doesn't believe in heavy regulations? If you don't have a stranglehold on how business are run, the public is much more likely to invest. Most of the stock analysts that I know were predicting heavy returns before Trump took office.

regulatory.png

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
How about the fact that Trump that doesn't believe in heavy regulations? If you don't have a stranglehold on how business are run, the public is much more likely to invest. Most of the stock analysts that I know were predicting heavy returns before Trump took office.

regulatory.png
I’m happy as shit Trump doesn’t believe in heavy regulations. Take Dodd Frank for example. That was an absolute nightmare and complete overreach. It stifled growth significantly and I don’t think it’s really a coincidence Obama didn’t see 3% GDP and he had EIGHT YEARS. They tried to tell everyone that 2% GDP was the new norm. Give me an f’ing break....

Market analysts were predicting good returns prior to Trump winning. Democrats were predicting Trump’s policies would push us into another Great Recession. Whoops.

So @Quavarius, you think after this idiotic post by you I should just have a rational conversation about the economy? It’s clear you don’t have a clue about the markets/economy as a whole or how policies tie into both. Why would I waste my time? But please, enlighten us on how Trump is responsible for increasing gas prices and not responsible for the increase in the markets? Explain why the market increased so drastically immediately following Trumps election. What were the drivers of that market increase and why did it go up? Compare and contrast the economic policies and regulations put in place by Obama and what Trump has done or repealed/removed since taking office.

I’ll hang up and listen...

Why would I waste my time?

I certainly don't disagree. Just making some quick points to Q while he was spewing bullshit. Happy to dive into a real discussion on the economics, markets, etc. with anyone on a real level. Q is a racist liberal troll. I don't believe he would understand even if I fully explained everything to him.

Then why engage at that level at all? If you know it's wrong/misleading/oversimplified, I guess it's more fun to pick up the worst arguments and destroy them (which, after all, is fun), but seems sort of pointless to me. But I engage at times, so who am I to disagree?

Anyway, I've of the mind that the 2008-09 recession was much, much worse than most people ever knew, and I don't know that we'll ever be able to fully untangle the aftermath and resulting policies (and Obama's legacy, frankly). But I've been heavily involved in some of the resulting litigation - GM bankruptcy, some RMBS securities litigation, etc... - and have been influenced by poring through contemporaneous evidence and testimony. Plus I found out my former landlord is a shady Russian mathematician that was involved with up to $15b in likely fraudulent RMBS securities, and now that he's made his money (almost certainly illegally) and been fined by the SEC, he's moved on to (of course) shady real estate dealings. (I have a friend who's involved with deposing his shady ass, and I asked him to make him a little more uncomfortable just for me)

Reactions: Quavarius
Would you not rather see that money go towards infrastructure or deficit? If you are selling it to me as not such a bad thing, can I sell it to you as not such a good thing?

I said it's not necessarily a bad thing (and provided two right-leaning sources), and that the better attack is specific issues, and you're doubling down on your position. Anyway, have a good week.

Then why engage at that level at all? If you know it's wrong/misleading/oversimplified, I guess it's more fun to pick up the worst arguments and destroy them (which, after all, is fun), but seems sort of pointless to me. But I engage at times, so who am I to disagree?

Anyway, I've of the mind that the 2008-09 recession was much, much worse than most people ever knew, and I don't know that we'll ever be able to fully untangle the aftermath and resulting policies (and Obama's legacy, frankly). But I've been heavily involved in some of the resulting litigation - GM bankruptcy, some RMBS securities litigation, etc... - and have been influenced by poring through contemporaneous evidence and testimony. Plus I found out my former landlord is a shady Russian mathematician that was involved with up to $15b in likely fraudulent RMBS securities, and now that he's made his money (almost certainly illegally) and been fined by the SEC, he's moved on to (of course) shady real estate dealings. (I have a friend who's involved with deposing his shady ass, and I asked him to make him a little more uncomfortable just for me)
Nice. Yeah, I don’t take Q seriously most of the time. But I did pose some real questions I’m interested to see if he can answer.

I was working at the CBOT when the Great Recession started. It was the craziest time (in a bad way) in my professional career. The full impacts of that will be tough to quantify completely. But I do agree it was significant. I’ve worked in the capital markets (trading/investment management/treasury) my entire career. Anyway, I like to consider myself pretty well versed in these topics. I just call bullshit on @Quavarius actually being able to hold a real conversation on this stuff.

a) I'm not Googling you. I don't care that much.

b) If not listing my full name and place of residence on the internet is a chicken move, then I'm a chicken I guess.
You admit that you are a big ass Chicken.

You are scared for us to know your real name. We may find out that you are a liar.

Sorry dude. You misrepresent yourself. So ease off on me. I am who I represent. You are hiding behind brooky03.

Last edited:
WHERE, snu? WHERE? I I cited exactly where bert was full of it AND explained why. I walked into a back-and-forth between TheDude1 and bert. I have no idea what you're talking about w/ Q.

I was addressing your question of how bert is full of it. HE claimed President Obama governed on race. HE claimed there was no evidence racial relations were getting worse.

The locking up kids thing happened before, but not as the result of official policy, based on a false premise, for immoral, cruel purposes. It's now deliberate. It's part of the plan, not some bureaucratic misstep. It's a bigger deal now because... IT'S. A. BIGGER. DEAL. NOW.
I don't know what the hell the Dude1 says as I have had him on ignore for months.

Obama is a racist of the first order. Read his friggin' book! Geeze how dumb do you have to be to accouse other of racism when you support it.

Nice. Yeah, I don’t take Q seriously most of the time. But I did pose some real questions I’m interested to see if he can answer.

I was working at the CBOT when the Great Recession started. It was the craziest time (in a bad way) in my professional career. The full impacts of that will be tough to quantify completely. But I do agree it was significant. I’ve worked in the capital markets (trading/investment management/treasury) my entire career. Anyway, I like to consider myself pretty well versed in these topics. I just call bullshit on @Quavarius actually being able to hold a real conversation on this stuff.

Nice opinion of yourself. But we've established that the "stock market isn't the economy, stupid!"

Sorry you lost your job. Where you at now?

Nice opinion of yourself. But we've established that the "stock market isn't the economy, stupid!"

Sorry you lost your job. Where you at now?
Who lost their job? I didn’t. I left. As you could imagine, the uncertainty during that time wasn’t something I wanted to deal with. I had small children. Went to the corporate side. Still in capital markets.

Go try and answer my questions, Q. Happy to dissect the economy and markets under each president if you’d like.

Who lost their job? I didn’t. I left. As you could imagine, the uncertainty during that time wasn’t something I wanted to deal with. I had small children. Went to the corporate side. Still in capital markets.

Go try and answer my questions, Q. Happy to dissect the economy and markets under each president if you’d like.

I'm waiting on the lesson, teach. I just wanted to establish that the stock market and the economy were not the same. I'm listening. Explain those voo-doo economics.

I bet your company was happy with the election.

Reactions: SNU0821
I said it's not necessarily a bad thing (and provided two right-leaning sources), and that the better attack is specific issues, and you're doubling down on your position. Anyway, have a good week.
Doubling down on what? Another poster asked how certain I was that we were being taken advantage of. I showed the trade deficit. You provided articles that suggests that those deficits are not necessarily a bad thing. They didn't show where we are not being taken advantage of. They suggest that it is not that big of a deal that we are being taken advantage of.

I'm waiting on the lesson, teach. I just wanted to establish that the stock market and the economy were not the same. I'm listening. Explain those voo-doo economics.
The economy and the markets aren’t the same, but they’re linked. Thanks for confirming you don’t know shit about either. If you did, you’d answer my questions.

Obama is a racist of the first order. Read his friggin' book! Geeze how dumb do you have to be to accouse other of racism when you support it.
I have read his book(s). I didn't come to the same conclusion you did. Could you cite anything specific other than a bluff about a book recommendation? Come on, bert. Do your own heavy lifting.

Reactions: brooky03
You admid you are a big ass Chicken.

You are scared for us to know your real name. We may find out that you are a liar.

Sorry dude. You misrepresent yourself. So ease off on me. I am who I represent. You are hiding behind brooky03.
I misrepresent myself because I use a screen name on the internet?

Doubling down on what? Another poster asked how certain I was that we were being taken advantage of. I showed the trade deficit. You provided articles that suggests that those deficits are not necessarily a bad thing. They didn't show where we are not being taken advantage of. They suggest that it is not that big of a deal that we are being taken advantage of.

So if it's not a bad thing (which it is not necessarily), how is it being "taken advantage of?" Do you mean taken advantage of in a good way? Or a mutually beneficial way? Like when two people fornicate they're taking advantage of each other (like a trade deficit for bodily fluids)?

So if it's not a bad thing (which it is not necessarily), how is it being "taken advantage of?" Do you mean taken advantage of in a good way? Or a mutually beneficial way? Like when two people fornicate they're taking advantage of each other (like a trade deficit for bodily fluids)?
What you are providing is evidence that trade deficits don't necessarily effect the economy. That doesn't mean that we are not being taken advantage of. It means that our economy can withstand the money lost in unfair trade.

I think it might take a while for some to truly realize the importance of this summit.
Yes. There were a lot of things left out and I think Trump is a little quick to play buddy buddy. But overall, it was a huge step towards a peaceful resolution. It certainly beats having two leaders with nuclear weapons trading elementary insults and threats at each other.

ADVERTISEMENT