ADVERTISEMENT

Is the SEC flexing in these early tourneys?

Too early to tell. Just hoping we flex this NCAA tournament. UK, UT, Bama, Arky and Auburn need to drop the hammer this post season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not trying to make excuses but LSU got screwed last night in the end of that game in Cayman Islands. Congrats to K-State as LSU had the opportunity to put them away but didn't and had a 6 minute lull with 14 turnovers.

The end of the game however was just wrong by the refs and an experienced crew like those guys should have done better. In case you didn't see it which is obvious because there wasn't any TV which also sucks for a final Tournament game. LSU down 61-59 with 4 .7 seconds left in the game took the ball in and drove the distant and layed it in to tie the game at 61 way before the clock light came on. The refs reviiewed it now bear in mind on streaming because there wasn't any TV and said the clock didn't start when the ball was touched and took the bucket away from LSU and gave the game to Kansas State. Both John Brady our announcer and coach McMahon said in all of their years of coaching they have never seen any thing like that.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
I got to thinking about some of Cal's earlier teams, before 2012. In the early season it was difficult for them to even put a decent half together let a lone a full game. Even though they won a lot, the competition is not like it is now where that will get exposed quickly. So it took some time.

I see the same thing happening this year. Even though we played a pre-cooked cupcake, there was some things the Cats did improve upon. Less turnovers, 23 assists (which has been missing) and players sharing the ball. They could have went after there own points and scored, but they played team ball. Toppin even made a couple of smart of assists, when normally he would have shot it at a much lower percentage.

When Reeves was hot, they kept feeding him. As Oscar asked "I hope you guys aren't too mad at us for the 2 losses. We're going to get better". We'll find out something over the next couple of weeks.

Then there's our ho ho ha ha bawhaaaa bawhaaa Rival.

Not trying to make excuses but LSU got screwed last night in the end of that game in Cayman Islands. Congrats to K-State as LSU had the opportunity to put them away but didn't and had a 6 minute lull with 14 turnovers.

The end of the game however was just wrong by the refs and an experienced crew like those guys should have done better. In case you didn't see it which is obvious because there wasn't any TV which also sucks for a final Tournament game. LSU down 61-59 with 4 .7 seconds left in the game took the ball in and drove the distant and layed it in to tie the game at 61 way before the clock light came on. The refs reviiewed it now bear in mind on streaming because there wasn't any TV and said the clock didn't start when the ball was touched and took the bucket away from LSU and gave the game to Kansas State. Both John Brady our announcer and coach McMahon said in all of their years of coaching they have never seen any thing like that.
Good, you we got screwed from you guys. Karma!

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan

This was indeed a blow to SEC prestige! We thought that sector was secure!

Your orders are to fall back in good order and await further directions. 😲

I agree. You'd think they'd stop the ball. Or replay the sequence because the guy was only playing the clock on the board.

Not trying to make excuses but LSU got screwed last night in the end of that game

giphy.gif

Then they must only watch LSU-----I have seen it happen a lot----and have had it happen in about 5 of my games. If you see the clock doesn't start, you signal for review, and let the play go----at end of game, under 5 seconds. Then with a stop watch, you go to monitor, time how much time went by.
If ya wanna blame anyone, blame the clock operator-----does his job, and the conversation doesn't exist.

Then they must only watch LSU-----I have seen it happen a lot----and have had it happen in about 5 of my games. If you see the clock doesn't start, you signal for review, and let the play go----at end of game, under 5 seconds. Then with a stop watch, you go to monitor, time how much time went by.
If ya wanna blame anyone, blame the clock operator-----does his job, and the conversation doesn't exist.
I get that but stop watch with streaming isn't acurate at all.

I get that but stop watch with streaming isn't acurate at all.
So should they eliminate replay? And for streaming,its not your "at home, high speed, Spectrum low grade internet...."----Its top of the line. Their view via that, is much better than ours. Its ran on a total different feed. How do I know this? Because I have worked D2/3 games that have used this----And the clarity is not the same as you are seeing at home.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So should they eliminate replay? And for streaming,its not your "at home, high speed, Spectrum low grade internet...."----Its top of the line. Their view via that, is much better than ours. Its ran on a total different feed. How do I know this? Because I have worked D2/3 games that have used this----And the clarity is not the same as you are seeing at home.
Screw the clarity we are talking time not vision and how the fvck do you know what they were using in the Cayman Islands. It was a POS Laptop they were looking at. If it's not SMPTE than it's not legit and we are talking ms here.

Screw the clarity we are talking time not vision and how the fvck do you know what they were using in the Cayman Islands. It was a POS Laptop they were looking at. If it's not SMPTE than it's not legit and we are talking ms here.
I officiated CBB for over 12 years----Maybe that is how? Cayman Islands or Rupp Arena, same equipment is used-----Its an NCAA held event-----meaning the NCAA provides the equipment. Not the local Cayman Island Pawn Shop.

"We are talking about time, NOT VISION"----You didn't proof read this, did you? 🤣

I officiated CBB for over 12 years----Maybe that is how? Cayman Islands or Rupp Arena, same equipment is used-----Its an NCAA held event-----meaning the NCAA provides the equipment. Not the local Cayman Island Pawn Shop.

"We are talking about time, NOT VISION"----You didn't proof read this, did you? 🤣
Anyway you spin it wasn't SMPTE so it wasn't legit. TV is the only way it would be accurate.

Anyway you spin it wasn't SMPTE so it wasn't legit. TV is the only way it would be accurate.
Isn't that what you are doing? ANd the better question is----How do you know what they(officials) were looking at? Ever worked an NCAA game?

Didn't you say the SEC was flexing last NCAA tournament, and they were like all eliminated in the first weekend or some nonsense also?

Isn't that what you are doing? ANd the better question is----How do you know what they(officials) were looking at?
Because John Brady who coached for 41 years was looking right at them and he said it was a labtop with a cable with wires hanging out of it. The games weren't even straened on ESPN +. Anytime the NCAA provides anything you can believe it's bottom of the line equipment because those cheap bastards are tighter than sqeeky.

Didn't you say the SEC was flexing last NCAA tournament, and they were like all eliminated in the first weekend or some nonsense also?
It is always easier to make up an easier question and answer it than answer the actually question at hand isn't it?

Bama beat Michigan State. I understand MSU was without a few guys but love watching Nate Oats teams play. He would kill it with the UK brand and resources behind.

Fortunately for Bama, they have nothing to worry about as long as Mitch "Barney " Barnhart is our AD.

Nobody is flexing more than the Big 12. They have 3 legitimate national title contenders and their lowest ranked KenPom team is Kansas State, at #54, who just won the Cayman Islands Classic with wins over Rhode Island, Nevada, and LSU.

Iowa State went to the Sweet 16 last year after going 7-11 in Big 12 play... and they beat Nova last night. Wouldn't be surprised if you saw a 7-11 or 8-10 Big 12 team make the tournament again. The odds of the Big 12 3-peating are reasonably high.

SEC is most likely the 2nd best conference, however. Big Ten is close, and much better than most anticipated.

Because John Brady who coached for 41 years was looking right at them and he said it was a labtop with a cable with wires hanging out of it. The games weren't even straened on ESPN +. Anytime the NCAA provides anything you can believe it's bottom of the line equipment because those cheap bastards are tighter than sqeeky.
Ummmmmm, maybe b/c that is how they work? 🤣

NCAA is tight? Might wanna do some research there.....

Some of ya'll let your emotions get ahead of your knowledge...

A mediocre Colorado team is 2-0 vs the SEC (including Tennessee) Come on della, honking in basketball also?
Too bad we didn't schedule UL instead of Colorado. It would have been an easy win against a respected conference. So, the plan was good,but the execution was off.

Too bad we didn't schedule UL instead of Colorado. It would have been an easy win against a respected conference. So, the plan was good,but the execution was off.
We’re not beating anyone with our roster

ADVERTISEMENT