ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are too many crappy teams getting love in the AP?

You lost to Alabama and are ranked 12th. That is all I need to know. So take your fancy charts and graphs and try to impress someone else. Not buying it Jack.

These "charts and graphs" are fancy like Arby's is fine dining, but thanks for the compliment anyway!

Reactions: KisteK
Meh, not yet. They were a tourney team last year and have all back other than Sexton.

But add to that Seton Hall, and that is enough to keep a team out of the top 12, for sure.

UK is a top 25 team, but not top 12 at the moment.

Hence my point, the AP is over ranking teams.

But add to that Seton Hall, and that is enough to keep a team out of the top 12, for sure.

UK is a top 25 team, but not top 12 at the moment.

Hence my point, the AP is over ranking teams.

I don't know, that's pretty arbitrary, no? Let's look at UK's ranks and see if something strikes you as absurd enough to cry about:
  • KenPom: 15
  • Sargarin: 13
  • BPI: 15
  • AP: 12
  • Coaches: 15
So it seems the #12 AP rank is maybe 1-2 spots higher than UK's average from objective and subjective polls? Fvck, you were right, time to storm the AP's castle and salt their fields! Carthage 2.0!

I don't know, that's pretty arbitrary, no? Let's look at UK's ranks and see if something strikes you as absurd enough to cry about:
  • KenPom: 15
  • Sargarin: 13
  • BPI: 15
  • AP: 12
  • Coaches: 15
So it seems the #12 AP rank is maybe 1-2 spots higher than UK's average from objective and subjective polls? Fvck, you were right, time to storm the AP's castle and salt their fields! Carthage 2.0!

Again, stop with those shit bag formulas and just answer my questions? Half that shit is based on playing no name teams.

Is Alabama a bad loss?

Again, stop with those shit bag formulas and just answer my questions? Half that shit is based on playing no name teams.

Is Alabama a bad loss?

1. Those "shit bag formulas" are relied upon by gamblers and book makers alike, which means they stand up to the free market test.
  2. The "playing no name teams" (a loaded criticism given Iowa's non-conference schedule, egads!) is taken into account in the "shit bag formulas," so this criticism is counterfactual.
  3. This is literally the first question you've asked me, so coming in hot and angry with "just answer my questions" makes me think you would do poorly on Tinder or anywhere you interact with other people.
  4. Alabama is not a bad loss because it was (i) on the road, (ii) against an okay (probably NIT-level) team, and (iii) it was close.
  5. In any event, even if it was a bad loss, that's not remotely enough to show that the AP is vastly overrating UK when EVERY OTHER METRIC (including the subjective Coaches poll) has them in the same general range.

1. Those "shit bag formulas" are relied upon by gamblers and book makers alike, which means they stand up to the free market test.
  2. The "playing no name teams" (a loaded criticism given Iowa's non-conference schedule, egads!) is taken into account in the "shit bag formulas," so this criticism is counterfactual.
  3. This is literally the first question you've asked me, so coming in hot and angry with "just answer my questions" makes me think you would do poorly on Tinder or anywhere you interact with other people.
  4. Alabama is not a bad loss because it was (i) on the road, (ii) against an okay (probably NIT-level) team, and (iii) it was close.
  5. In any event, even if it was a bad loss, that's not remotely enough to show that the AP is vastly overrating UK when EVERY OTHER METRIC (including the subjective Coaches poll) has them in the same general range.

I am a pro gambler. And I don't look at that stupid shit. So get it through your thick skull.

So, how many top 12 teams would lose to them??

Laughing well done, but child of the corn is too angry to let your facts ruin his cool story.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Hey meth mouth, what facts? Jesus, I know Kentucky is full of backwoods tards, but you guys are not helping. Lol

So what are you hoping to attain from this thread? Are we supposed to respect/fear/care about Iowa? Not gonna happen. As I told you, you haven't been relevant for quite awhile and all you could do was dig up a regular season game from '05.

So what are you hoping to attain from this thread? Are we supposed to respect/fear/care about Iowa? Not gonna happen. As I told you, you haven't been relevant for quite awhile and all you could do was dig up a regular season game from '05.

The bais and laziness in college basketball by the so called experts.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Don't have a stroke old man. Relax.
My big love is college basketball for the last 62 years. So I will not have a stroke in a friendly argument with you. Plus; I like you, young man.

But before we go forward, I hope you don't have a stroke young man because in a basketball argument you are going to lose.

I am relaxed until I get in an argument with an expert, like Bob Knight, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Joe Hall, John Wooden et. al. So please don't get nasty, 'cause if you do I may just fall apart!

You are an amateur and I am a professional. All of those guys that I named above I have met and talked to and they all shared their ideas on college basketball (time is on my side Hawkit.) I can get nastier than anything you have ever known, that is the Bob Knight in me.

I am a four time elected politician and you know how bad we are.

So based on this ATTACK.

Reactions: hawkit3113
My big love is college basketball for the last 62 years. So I will not have a stroke in a friendly argument with you. Plus; I like you, young man.

But before we go forward, I hope you don't have a stroke young man because in a basketball argument you are going to lose.

I am relaxed until I get in an argument with an expert, like Bob Knight, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Joe Hall, John Wooden et. al. So please don't get nasty, 'cause if you do I may just fall apart!

You are an amateur and I am a professional. All of those guys that I named above I have met and talked to and they all shared their ideas on college basketball (time is on my side Hawkit.) I can get nastier than anything you have ever known, that is the Bob Knight in me.

I am a four time elected politician and you know how bad we are.

So based on this ATTACK.

You are a good man Bert. It's just my opinion the AP is doing lazy work or showing a bias.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I am a pro gambler. And I don't look at that stupid shit. So get it through your thick skull.

So, how many top 12 teams would lose to them??

"pro gambler" that doesn't even "look at" objective rankings systems that are tried and true in the industry (in fact, they're so tried and true that you have to find a way not to rely on them to find value, but not looking at them at all? fvcking dumb)? Sure, why not.

You know what? I'm a "pro stock investor" that doesn't even bother to "look at . . . stupid shit" like EBITDA, return on equity, debt, or volatility.

Hey meth mouth, what facts? Jesus, I know Kentucky is full of backwoods tards, but you guys are not helping. Lol

Facts like objective measures of team strength? Facts like those objective measures having UK really close to where they are in the subjective rankings? Facts like adjusted efficiency margin? Facts like strength of schedule, adjusted offense, adjusted defense, tempo, luck... You know, things that take into account all the facts, and not just cherry-picked ones like, say, an individual game that you're clearly hung up on.

Why do we even consider 2005 UNC to be good? They lost at Santa Clara! #hawkit3113facts

Just making a point. It's not really about UK. They are getting the benefit from their name. Which I get

Yeah, UK is really benefiting a whole *checks notes* 1-3 spots in the AP poll. Whelp, that settles it. Wrap it up, boys!

ADVERTISEMENT