ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or are too many crappy teams getting love in the AP?

hawkit3113

Apr 14, 2011
FSU
Texas Tech
UNC
UK
Auburn
Buffalo
Miss St
Indiana
VT

Yet Iowa gets no love from the AP. We are better than a majority of those teams.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
FSU
Texas Tech
UNC
UK
Auburn
Buffalo
Miss St
Indiana
VT

Yet Iowa gets no love from the AP. We are better than a majority of those teams.

giphy.gif

Uhhhh, Iowa is #23 in the AP poll (and above Indiana, a team you mentioned).

Why are they getting love, especially after dropping a game last week? If that was us, we would be out of the top 25 and they only dropped a few spots

All 3 teams would beat your team

You’re right. I’m sure 6 loss, unranked Purdue would boatrace UK by 20, and then I’d be on here complaining about being ranked a week later.

FSU is hot garbage, but is being propped up by the AP. Not sure why. Maybe to get Duke some cosmetic wins

You know what? It's not really fair to just post the ranking from one objective, numbers based ranking system to show that Iowa is worse than every team the OP listed. Maybe a different ranking system will be kinder to Iowa?

Sargarin.jpg

Or, you know, not better than any of them:

KenPom.jpg

I don't give a shit what some nerdy formula says. All will be proven by the end of the year. Watch.

I am a basketball guru. Everything I say comes true. Ask the BIG 10 guys.

Plus I won the tourney bracket challenge on here and finished runner up the 2 times I was in it.

Boom

Surely OP is not completely full of $h!t, right? No way a poster on these forums would make a post that has zero credibility. Let's look at yet another objective ranking system.

BPI-1.jpg

Nope, still not there on the first page. Let's try page 2:

BPI-2.jpg

There it is! Undeniable proof that Iowa is every so slightly better than one (and only one) of the team's on OP's list! We did it!

See my above post. I have proven to be one of the smartest BB posters on this board.

Screw you and your nerdy spreadsheet shit. My resume speaks for itself on this board.

Reactions: KisteK
OP stayed home 'sick' from school today. The last time I remember Iowa being relevant, UK ended their season in the tournament. (Reggie Evans era)

See my above post. I have proven to be one of the smartest BB posters on this board.

Screw you and your nerdy spreadsheet shit. My resume speaks for itself on this board.

I'll take the resume of, say, Ken Pomeroy or Jeff Sargarin over your largely unverifiable claims of excellence. Lol at "nerdy spreadsheet shit." Is this 2005 again? In any event, it's clear that you're not a fan of objective reality. So let's see what the subjective rankings are:

AP.jpg

Why, you're downright vindicated, if you consider ranking above, by the slimmest amount possible, Indiana (AP, Coaches) and Mississippi State (AP), and no other teams, to be vindication. Now that the objective and subjective evidence is in, let's add up the score. That's 9 teams on each of 5 ranking systems, so there are 45 possible points (and we're not taking into account margin of victory or degree by which you were off, so this analysis favors you more than a truly objective inquiry):
  • KenPom: 0/9 points
  • Sargarin: 0/9 points
  • BPI: 1/9 points
  • AP: 2/9 points
  • Coaches: 1/9 points.
All told, I give you 4 of 45 possible points. You were thisclose, but I rate your claim debunked.

Reactions: KisteK and Monorojo
I'll take the resume of, say, Ken Pomeroy or Jeff Sargarin over your largely unverifiable claims of excellence. Lol at "nerdy spreadsheet shit." Is this 2005 again? In any event, it's clear that you're not a fan of objective reality. So let's see what the subjective rankings are:

AP.jpg

Why, you're downright vindicated, if you consider ranking above, by the slimmest amount possible, Indiana (AP, Coaches) and Mississippi State (AP), and no other teams, to be vindication. Now that the objective and subjective evidence is in, let's add up the score. That's 9 teams on each of 5 ranking systems, so there are 45 possible points (and we're not taking into account margin of victory or degree by which you were off, so this analysis favors you more than a truly objective inquiry):
  • KenPom: 0/9 points
  • Sargarin: 0/9 points
  • BPI: 1/9 points
  • AP: 2/9 points
  • Coaches: 1/9 points.
All told, I give you 4 of 45 possible points. You were thisclose, but I rate your claim debunked.

You lost to Alabama and are ranked 12th. That is all I need to know. So take your fancy charts and graphs and try to impress someone else. Not buying it Jack.

OP stayed home 'sick' from school today. The last time I remember Iowa being relevant, UK ended their season in the tournament. (Reggie Evans era)

We beat you 05, so you memory blows. Lol. You UK posters are soft as shit. You can't take shit for criticism.

14 years ago? in the Tubby era.... pretty forgettable game, unless your name is Rekalin Sims. You guys on the horn to try to get Alford back?

14 years ago? in the Tubby era.... pretty forgettable game, unless your name is Rekalin Sims. You guys on the horn to try to get Alford back?

God you are horrible at talking shit. Probably all the meth and mountain dew, lololol. Beat it hillbilly. I am done with you.

Reactions: KisteK
Iowa would maybe score 50 points on TTU...maybe.

We will see tonight. If they wax State, I will take them off the list. My problem with TT is that they haven't beaten anyone good, outside of Nebraska. Which was impressive

God you are horrible at talking shit. Probably all the meth and mountain dew, lololol. Beat it hillbilly. I am done with you.

.....child of the corn, this ain't the place for you. Too thin skinned. All the years of Iowa being an afterthought has made you one bitter little fella.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT