ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Has The Best Fans. Change My Mind.

No Aaron Henry? I assume you forgot about him. He belongs somewhere on this list. He was really good the second half of last year, and apparently he has had a really good offseason. Our insiders have been raving about him.

Overall, really solid list though. I can imagine this took a long time.

Yep. I actually meant to put Henry on there. I realized that as soon as I posted my rankings. I just thought I would leave it as is - didn't want to change everyone's number by one place.

So, for those wondering on my process for the rankings, this is how I made it easier for myself:

-I compiled lists of 15-20 players from each of the Power 6 conferences. i tried to delineate within each conference the top players, the second-tier players, and so forth.
-I made sure I had 10 players from the American Athletic, A-10, MWC, and West Coast. For the rest of the Mid-majors, I had a good 30-40 players. I listed all of players from the mid-major conferences in order.
-I put an "X" by each person's name once I placed them on my official ranking.

Saw a couple lists that had Teske 34 and 67. I like those better.

Just searched "34 Teske" and I found a ranking here. Not a bad list, overall. But, I like mine a little more.

Here are some rankings that I'm not quite on board with:

Too High
13. Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
24. Naji Marshall, Xavier
34. Jon Teske, Michigan (Teske is good. But the 7th best player in the Big Ten?)
55. Matthew Hurt, Duke
62. Matt Haarms, Purdue
65. Chris Lykes, Miami
83. EJ Montgomery, Kentucky

Too Low
53. Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State (I could have ranked him a little higher myself)
64. Tristan Clark, Baylor (Wow. I had him at #10.)
74. Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown
86. Lamine Diane, CS Northridge
90. Admon Gilder, Gonzaga (I expect him to be Gonzaga's best player)
111. Seth Towns, Harvard
112. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Villanova

You certainly know LSU better than I do. When I was compiling my list, I noted that Skylar Mays had a much higher efficiency rating than Smart (18.6 to 12.8). Now, the sophomore year IMO is the hardest year to project. Lots of guys take HUGE strides forward. And perhaps that will be Javonte Smart. I think his shooting percentage is what scared me the most.

As far as Paul Reed, I actually did have him on my radar. However, I'm going to penalize players if they play for a sub-par team. I formulated my list by including players from each conference that I suspected could make the top 150. Reed was on my list. To be fair, I didn't have a master list to compare all of the stats. I zoomed through the last 50 players fairly quickly. the two players underlined are the only ones that I left off of my list (added Bryan Antoine to the top 150, as well).

big-east.jpg

Fair enough DD. He's a DePaul guy, he's gonna have to prove it first. I think he will, he had some pretty dominant games against some good teams last year and he seemed to get noticeably better throughout the year on the way to winning Most Improved.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don't know why Garza for Iowa is not on this list
FR 21.7 mpg, 12.1 ppg 3rd in scoring, 6.4 rpg, 1 bpg 32 total blocks shooting 55.7% from the field, 68.1% from the FTL and 34.8% from 3. was a All BT Freshman Team selection.
SO 23.6 mpg, 13.1 ppg 2nd in scoring, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 bpg, shooting 53.1% from the field, 80.4% from the FTL, 29.2% from 3. this after having a 9 lb cyst removed from his stomach 6 weeks before the season started.

I don't know why Garza for Iowa is not on this list
FR 21.7 mpg, 12.1 ppg 3rd in scoring, 6.4 rpg, 1 bpg 32 total blocks shooting 55.7% from the field, 68.1% from the FTL and 34.8% from 3. was a All BT Freshman Team selection.
SO 23.6 mpg, 13.1 ppg 2nd in scoring, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 bpg, shooting 53.1% from the field, 80.4% from the FTL, 29.2% from 3. this after having a 9 lb cyst removed from his stomach 6 weeks before the season started.

He's probably good enough. This is obviously very subjective. Don't think there's a huge difference between player 100 and player 175. I'd be okay if someone had LG in their top 150. I will say, however, that Garza has a little bit of Andrea Bargnani in him. He can score, but rebounding is noticeably pedestrian.

I missed him. My eyes getting messed up.

He is an all around player. The back story between him and Trae Young has put a chip in his shoulder. They played high school together but disliked each other and Young has been pretty disrespectful

I loved how whenever OU would play OSU the announcers would comment how Young and Waters were high school teammates, but are not good friends.

Don't know about any sort of disrespect from Trae to Lindy, never heard anything about that.

In conference play Henry had 6 points and 4 rebounds. Sounds like he’s poised for a big jump though.

Is Tillman that much better than Teske?
The last 10 games he averaged 10/6/4. With elite defense. Based on what we are hearing he is the player who has improved the most as well.

I think Teske is quite good as well. I would say having him in the 90’s is underrating him a bit. If he can get a post game, he could be really good. It’s strange to see a 7 footer who can knock down 3’s but when matched up against 6’0 Cassius Winston in the post travels. If he can be more multi-dimensional offensively he could make a push for sure. Right now I’d have him around 50 or so.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
now that this list is out it got me thinking about DD's draft league. When we gonna get that going again? This year I plan to know/understand/be less ignorant about the rules before drafting!

now that this list is out it got me thinking about DD's draft league. When we gonna get that going again? This year I plan to know/understand/be less ignorant about the rules before drafting!

I'll create a thread in the beginning of October and tag you and some other posters. Thought I should have some rankings out before the draft begins. But yes, should be fun! Looking forward to it. Btw, anyone else here want to be tagged when I create the draft thread? Here's a link to last year's draft.

He's probably good enough. This is obviously very subjective. Don't think there's a huge difference between player 100 and player 175. I'd be okay if someone had LG in their top 150. I will say, however, that Garza has a little bit of Andrea Bargnani in him. He can score, but rebounding is noticeably pedestrian.
considering he was playing with PF Cook who led the team in rebounding and true FR Wieskamp avg'd 4.9 rpg, this brings up the question just who was supposed to stop rebounding so that Garza could get the number of rebounds to impress you

now as for 6'6 Wieskamp who you have ranked way to low these were his FR Stats
27.7 mpg, 11.1 ppg 4th on the team, 4.9 rebounds 2nd on the team, 31 steals 2nd on the team shooting 48.8% from the field, 76..7% from the FTL and 42.4% from 3 which lead the team
rebounding break down 172 total rebounds, 124 defensive, 48 offensive rebound
16 blocks named to All BT FR team,

and I am guessing you left Bohannon off because he may not play this season
before Bohannon hip surgery which put his playing this year in jeapordy
Iowa was a 3 seed by Lunardi
after it was put out that Bohannon would have to RS
Iowa was dropped to a 10 seed.

the 3 seed was knowing that Cook and Moss were both gone. that how much Bohannon meant to Iowa and the people putting out their brackets.
Wieskamp and a healthy from day one Garza will be the leaders of this years team,

that 9 lb cyst caused him to recover during the season. that's why he only avg'd 23.6 mpg and yet he still ended up 2nd on the team in scoring with 144 total rebounds 85 defensive and 59 offensive with 17 blocks.

Just searched "34 Teske" and I found a ranking here. Not a bad list, overall. But, I like mine a little more.

Too High
34. Jon Teske, Michigan (Teske is good. But the 7th best player in the Big Ten?)
55. Matthew Hurt, Duke
62. Matt Haarms, Purdue
65. Chris Lykes, Miami

Too Low
53. Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State (I could have ranked him a little higher myself)
111. Seth Towns, Harvard
I think 62 is high for Haarms too but not sure you can leave him outside your 150. He led the Big Ten in blocked shots and field goal percentage and was playing very well down the stretch. He scored 11 or more in 8 of Purdue's last 10 games and went for 18 and 9 against the defending national champs in the Sweet 16.

I'm not sure how Painter finds minutes for both him and Trevion Williams (not yet convinced they can play together) but both will give opposing teams a lot of headaches.

considering he was playing with PF Cook who led the team in rebounding and true FR Wieskamp avg'd 4.9 rpg, this brings up the question just who was supposed to stop rebounding so that Garza could get the number of rebounds to impress you

now as for 6'6 Wieskamp who you have ranked way to low these were his FR Stats
27.7 mpg, 11.1 ppg 4th on the team, 4.9 rebounds 2nd on the team, 31 steals 2nd on the team shooting 48.8% from the field, 76..7% from the FTL and 42.4% from 3 which lead the team
rebounding break down 172 total rebounds, 124 defensive, 48 offensive rebound
16 blocks named to All BT FR team,

and I am guessing you left Bohannon off because he may not play this season
before Bohannon hip surgery which put his playing this year in jeapordy
Iowa was a 3 seed by Lunardi
after it was put out that Bohannon would have to RS
Iowa was dropped to a 10 seed.

the 3 seed was knowing that Cook and Moss were both gone. that how much Bohannon meant to Iowa and the people putting out their brackets.
Wieskamp and a healthy from day one Garza will be the leaders of this years team,

that 9 lb cyst caused him to recover during the season. that's why he only avg'd 23.6 mpg and yet he still ended up 2nd on the team in scoring with 144 total rebounds 85 defensive and 59 offensive with 17 blocks.

Over a 5-year average, Joe Lunardi is ranked 55th on the Bracket Matrix. Not exactly killing it. Iowa is a decent team. And yes, I assume Bohannon will be out for the season. I see them as a bubble team. So in cases like Wieskamp or Garza, or whoever, the player really has to stand out to make the list.

As far as Garza's rebounding, I'm not not going to buy the argument, "Hey, he can't steal rebounds from his own teammate." Please. Iowa was 161st in rebounding margin. There were a lot of rebounds available. Maybe he'll get better. Time will tell.

Wieskamp deserving a higher ranking is fair game. I could see him being a top 50 player. FWIW, he's the 10th ranked Big Ten Player on my list, which would make him 2nd Team All-Confernece. Not exactly chump-change.

I think 62 is high for Haarms too but not sure you can leave him outside your 150. He led the Big Ten in blocked shots and field goal percentage and was playing very well down the stretch. He scored 11 or more in 8 of Purdue's last 10 games and went for 18 and 9 against the defending national champs in the Sweet 16.

I'm not sure how Painter finds minutes for both him and Trevion Williams (not yet convinced they can play together) but both will give opposing teams a lot of headaches.

Haarms was very efficient last year. But yes, getting the minutes necessary to have good-looking raw numbers might be his downfall. If Haarms could play 30 minutes a game, he absolutely could be deserving. Purdue has 4 very quality players in Williams, Eastern, Haarms, and Proctor. I could see Wheeler having a nice increase in production, too. I honestly have trouble figuring out who's going to be Purdue's #1 and #2 guy. I feel like you guys will have really good balance though.

Reactions: boilerzz
Of the 6 power conferences, I think I have close to 15 players from each conference in the list. I want to say there's close to 50 guys from non-Power 6 leagues (maybe I was too generous with that). So think of the rankings like this:

1-50:
1st Team All-Conference
Strong candidate to make an All-American team

51-100:
2nd Team All-Conference

101-150:
3rd Team All-Conference

Over a 5-year average, Joe Lunardi is ranked 55th on the Bracket Matrix. Not exactly killing it. Iowa is a decent team. And yes, I assume Bohannon will be out for the season. I see them as a bubble team. So in cases like Wieskamp or Garza, or whoever, the player really has to stand out to make the list.

As far as Garza's rebounding, I'm not not going to buy the argument, "Hey, he can't steal rebounds from his own teammate." Please. Iowa was 161st in rebounding margin. There were a lot of rebounds available. Maybe he'll get better. Time will tell.

Wieskamp deserving a higher ranking is fair game. I could see him being a top 50 player. FWIW, he's the 10th ranked Big Ten Player on my list, which would make him 2nd Team All-Confernece. Not exactly chump-change.
since it clear that you really don't know a thing about Iowa here are Frans players
PG Toussaint grade 80 4* by ESPN
SG Connor top 100 4* by ESPN 4* by Rivals
SF Wieskamp top 100 4* by ESPN #42 by Rivals
PF Patrick top 100 4* by both ESPN and Rivals
C Garza top 100 4* by ESPN 4* by Rivals

Fran can start 5 4* players 4 top 100 by ESPN
Jordan was a 4* by ESPN.

as for Garza maybe if you had a 9 lb CYST removed from your gut 6 weeks before the season began, maybe you wouldn't be so quick to write him, he use the majority of the season playing himself back into condition. also he only avg'd 23.6 mpg with 4.5 rpg vs Cook who avg'd 31 mpg and 7.6 rpg.

its called rebounding as a TEAM, to single out 1 player in a team oriented game is loco. now if Garza had avg'd over 30 mpg then the rebounding numbers would should be higher
Kriener shared time at the 5 and these were his numbers
13.8 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg

so Fran ended up getting these
18.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 29 blocks, not to bad for a TEAM that won 23 games.
TEAM BB is far beyound your comprehension.

to add to what Iowa will add to this seasons team
7'0 RSSO Nunge who has a FR had these for stats
15.7 mpg, 5.7 T 5th in scoring, 2.8 rpg, 21 steals, 25 blocks 2nd on the team
shooting 44.3% from the field, 75.5% from the FTL, 19-57 from 3.
6'8 RSJR Pemsl stats
16.4 mpg, 5.7 ppg T 5th in scoring, 4.5 rpg, 107 defensive, 37 offensive 144 total shooting 56.5% from the field 2nd on the team, 67.1% from the FTL

these 2 had 235 rebounds and 35 blocks between them, these 2 more than offset the loss of Cook,

Pemsl is facing a DUI Charge and has to appear before the council to face discineplary action handed out according the Student code of conduct.
the chairman in the U of Iowa president the Co Chair is the Student Council President with a set number of University staff coaches from each departments and select number of student council members. the coaches no longer determine the players fates. all they can do is accept the punishment as is or add to it.

Ahhhh gotta love the Iowa hoops fans lmao.

Did Enoch make ur list, i was too lazy to scan past the top 50

TEAM BB is far beyound your comprehension.

Lol Clearly. Because my rankings apparently said, "best team players." Obviously these rankings are on an individual basis. Is team rebounding a component for someone's rebounding averages? Sure. But, the vast majority of rebounds are collected by a sole individual, through technique and desire, without any help from his team. Bargnani didn't average 5 rebounds a game because of poor teammates - Rodman wasn't hauling 14 boards because all of his teammates were excellent at boxing out.

Garza averaged .19 boards per minute. That translates to 5.7 rebounds over 30 minutes. Very pedestrian for a 7-footer. I wasn't aware of the cyst, however. That is a valid argument. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. I try my best to stay informed on 75-100 teams. Certainly you'll know more about Big Ten teams that I do. But, I do watch a good 20-30 games during the season. And like I said, these rankings are very subjective. I admit that. And I also said Garza is probably good enough to be in the top 150. Not a huge difference between someone ranked 100th and someone else ranked 200th. Feel free to draw up your own rankings.

Ahhhh gotta love the Iowa hoops fans lmao.

Did Enoch make ur list, i was too lazy to scan past the top 50

Starting to think it's all Big Ten fans lol

Didn't include Enoch. But, I included Samuel Willamson and Dwayne Sutton, however. And obviously Jordan Nwora.

Lol Clearly. Because my rankings apparently said, "best team players." Obviously these rankings are on an individual basis. Is team rebounding a component for someone's rebounding averages? Sure. But, the vast majority of rebounds are collected by a sole individual, through technique and desire, without any help from his team. Bargnani didn't average 5 rebounds a game because of poor teammates - Rodman wasn't hauling 14 boards because all of his teammates were excellent at boxing out.

Garza averaged .19 boards per minute. That translates to 5.7 rebounds over 30 minutes. Very pedestrian for a 7-footer. I wasn't aware of the cyst, however. That is a valid argument. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. I try my best to stay informed on 75-100 teams. Certainly you'll know more about Big Ten teams that I do. But, I do watch a good 20-30 games during the season. And like I said, these rankings are very subjective. I admit that. And I also said Garza is probably good enough to be in the top 150. Not a huge difference between someone ranked 100th and someone else ranked 200th. Feel free to draw up your own rankings.
as a FR he avg'd 21.7 mpg and avg'd 6.4 rpg.

picture a cyst that is 3 lbs bigger that than your newborn baby [bigger in size as well] being removed from your belly then try and imagine playing 6 weeks later.

Too High
55. Matthew Hurt, Duke
62. Matt Haarms, Purdue
65. Chris Lykes, Miami

Too Low
111. Seth Towns, Harvard
Love that you took the time to put this together. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Haarms because you had Williams in the 70s but Haarms unranked.

And I think most people around the Purdue program would view Haarms as the more well-rounded player, especially when you factor in defensive impact.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Starting to think it's all Big Ten fans lol

Didn't include Enoch. But, I included Samuel Willamson and Dwayne Sutton, however. And obviously Jordan Nwora.

I think Nworas a bit high, unless he has improved his defense. I won’t know much about Williamson until the season starts but everything’s ive heard suggests he’s legit. Sutton is the ultimate glue guy and energy guy. I think Enoch will play his way into the top 150 this year esp with Williams sidelined with the foot injury, but he probly doesn’t warrant being in the top 150 yet based on last year. I’m hoping he has a monster season, bc he is an extremely talented scorer and he’s built like a brick shithouse.

Love that you took the time to put this together. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on Haarms because you had Williams in the 70s but Haarms unranked.

And I think most people around the Purdue program would view Haarms as the more well-rounded player, especially when you factor in defensive impact.

I'm usually much more generous with sophomores. Seems like that's where the biggest improvements occur. Williams was also very efficient. Per 40 minutes, he averaged 20.2 ppg and 14.6 rebounds. I didn't consider what the other Purdue fan mentioned in regards to Haarms and Williams co-existing. It might be hard to play those two guys together... so maybe my ranking was a reach? Williams also had very impressive numbers stats at the U19 World Championships (impressive for playing less than 14 minutes a game, at least).

I'm usually much more generous with sophomores. Seems like that's where the biggest improvements occur. Williams was also very efficient. Per 40 minutes, he averaged 20.2 ppg and 14.6 rebounds. I didn't consider what the other Purdue fan mentioned in regards to Haarms and Williams co-existing. It might be hard to play those two guys together... so maybe my ranking was a reach? Williams also had very impressive numbers stats at the U19 World Championships (impressive for playing less than 14 minutes a game, at least).
you are to tied up in personal numbers when it comes to play as team. in Fran's system the days of 1 player dominating one stat is over, for example these were the starting 5's #'s.
Cook 31 mpg, 14.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg 24 steals and 18 blocks
Garza 23.6 mpg, 13.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 10 steals and 17 blocks
Jordan 31.1 mpg, 11.6 ppg, 3.4 ASSISTS per game and 23 steals
Wieskamp 27.7 mpg, 11.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 31 steals and 16 blocks
Moss 24.1 mpg, 9.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 32 steals and 7 blocks

noteable players
Connor 18.8 mpg, 4.4 ppg, 102 assists 2nd on the team and 23 steals
Kriener 13.8 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 104 rebounds, 15 steals and 12 blocks
finally Baer, 19.1 mpg, 6.7 ppg, 162 rebounds 3rd on the team, 34 steals and 36 blocks led the team in both catagories,

rebounding not JUST ABOUT DESIRE it is more about being in the right place at the right time and nothing more. this where the TEAM BB comes in, boxing out to either get the rebound yourself or for a team mate to get the rebound.

oh yeah I coached AAU Ball for a number of years, rebounding is also affected by what defensive set you are in. 3-2 zone 2-3 zone or man to man zone or straight man to man.

you are to tied up in personal numbers when it comes to play as team. in Fran's system the days of 1 player dominating one stat is over, for example these were the starting 5's #'s.
Cook 31 mpg, 14.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg 24 steals and 18 blocks
Garza 23.6 mpg, 13.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 10 steals and 17 blocks
Jordan 31.1 mpg, 11.6 ppg, 3.4 ASSISTS per game and 23 steals
Wieskamp 27.7 mpg, 11.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 31 steals and 16 blocks
Moss 24.1 mpg, 9.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 32 steals and 7 blocks

noteable players
Connor 18.8 mpg, 4.4 ppg, 102 assists 2nd on the team and 23 steals
Kriener 13.8 mpg, 5.7 ppg, 104 rebounds, 15 steals and 12 blocks
finally Baer, 19.1 mpg, 6.7 ppg, 162 rebounds 3rd on the team, 34 steals and 36 blocks led the team in both catagories,

rebounding not JUST ABOUT DESIRE it is more about being in the right place at the right time and nothing more. this where the TEAM BB comes in, boxing out to either get the rebound yourself or for a team mate to get the rebound.

oh yeah I coached AAU Ball for a number of years, rebounding is also affected by what defensive set you are in. 3-2 zone 2-3 zone or man to man zone or straight man to man.

Certainly zones can effect your ability to rebound. I don't disagree. But I'd also say if you're really talented, you'll still get your boards. Duke played the better part of the 2018 season in a 2-3 zone - and Bagley was still hauling in 11 boards a game. Yes, teammates help. But, come on. Talent is going to rise to the top, more often than not.

Certainly zones can effect your ability to rebound. I don't disagree. But I'd also say if you're really talented, you'll still get your boards. Duke played the better part of the 2018 season in a 2-3 zone - and Bagley was still hauling in 11 boards a game. Yes, teammates help. But, come on. Talent is going to rise to the top, more often than not.
and Cook was that talented player leading the team in rebounds, Baer was the BT's 6th MOY as a RSSO, again the rebounding was spread out and it alway's is in Fran's system. no one has to carry the load now, Jok did because he was the only SR starter with 4 FR Starters,

this season 6'11 Garza will have 7' Nunge playing beside him so the need or chance for him to get these number of rebounds just are not going to be there.

and Cook was that talented player leading the team in rebounds, Baer was the BT's 6th MOY as a RSSO, again the rebounding was spread out and it alway's is in Fran's system. no one has to carry the load now, Jok did because he was the only SR starter with 4 FR Starters,

this season 6'11 Garza will have 7' Nunge playing beside him so the need or chance for him to get these number of rebounds just are not going to be there.
Instead of giving us Iowa basketball players stats and high school rankings, why don’t you tell us who on the list the Iowa guys should be ahead of.

Instead of giving us Iowa basketball players stats and high school rankings, why don’t you tell us who on the list the Iowa guys should be ahead of.
Garza and Wiekamp are/should be in the top 60.

last season Iowa was picked to finish 10th at best in the BT, with no post season play, yet the won 23 games finishing 6th alone winning a game in the BTT and one in the MCAAT, then losing to #2 seed Tennessee in OT,

Wiekamp and Garza were a big part of that. also as I pointed out this seasons teams starting lineup could be made up of 4 4* Top 100 players and a grade 80 4* by ESPN.
4* PG 6'0 Toussaint FR grade 80
4* SG 6'5 Connor RSSO top 100
4* SF 6'6 Wieskamp SO top 100 #42 by Rivals
4 F 6'9 Patrick FR top 100
4* C 6'11 Garza JR top 100
off the bench
7'0 4/5 Nunge RSSO
6'9 4/5 Kriener
6'8 4 Pemsl RSJR
6'7 3 Till JR
6'4 CG Fredrick RSFR
6'2 CG GT Evelyn RSSR
Questionable
4* PG Jordan SR may end up RS'ing, bubble team get real, how many team have that kind of lineup? yet still be called a bubble team. this will be the 1st season in 10 years where Fran can go 2 deep at each position without giving up the height at each position, not to mention the ability to go with a small lineup or a tall lineup.

everybody can shoot the 3, imagine a team that has a 7' and 6'11 players shooting 3's on the same team at the same time playing together @ the 4 and 5,

now you tell me how one particular player can be the man?

Garza and Wiekamp are/should be in the top 60.

last season Iowa was picked to finish 10th at best in the BT, with no post season play, yet the won 23 games finishing 6th alone winning a game in the BTT and one in the MCAAT, then losing to #2 seed Tennessee in OT,

Wiekamp and Garza were a big part of that. also as I pointed out this seasons teams starting lineup could be made up of 4 4* Top 100 players and a grade 80 4* by ESPN.
4* PG 6'0 Toussaint FR grade 80
4* SG 6'5 Connor RSSO top 100
4* SF 6'6 Wieskamp SO top 100 #42 by Rivals
4 F 6'9 Patrick FR top 100
4* C 6'11 Garza JR top 100
off the bench
7'0 4/5 Nunge RSSO
6'9 4/5 Kriener
6'8 4 Pemsl RSJR
6'7 3 Till JR
6'4 CG Fredrick RSFR
6'2 CG GT Evelyn RSSR
Questionable
4* PG Jordan SR may end up RS'ing, bubble team get real, how many team have that kind of lineup? yet still be called a bubble team. this will be the 1st season in 10 years where Fran can go 2 deep at each position without giving up the height at each position, not to mention the ability to go with a small lineup or a tall lineup.

everybody can shoot the 3, imagine a team that has a 7' and 6'11 players shooting 3's on the same team at the same time playing together @ the 4 and 5,

now you tell me how one particular player can be the man?

Let's review some things that I've said.

He's probably good enough. This is obviously very subjective. Don't think there's a huge difference between player 100 and player 175. I'd be okay if someone had LG in their top 150.

I wasn't aware of the cyst, however. That is a valid argument. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

And like I said, these rankings are very subjective. I admit that. And I also said Garza is probably good enough to be in the top 150. Not a huge difference between someone ranked 100th and someone else ranked 200th. Feel free to draw up your own rankings.

Honestly man, you seem a little insecure. Did you miss the part where I said I was okay if someone had Garza in the top 150 - or Wieskamp in the top 50. Those are perfectly reasonable assessments.

You keep responding as though I've slighted you, your dog, your school, your honor, and your family all the way back to the Mayflower. Pause. Breath. Still good? Great. Life is okay. I'm sure Iowa will be fine. This is just a subjective preseason list. It's not a final judgement.

Let's review some things that I've said.

Honestly man, you seem a little insecure. Did you miss the part where I said I was okay if someone had Garza in the top 150 - or Wieskamp in the top 50. Those are perfectly reasonable assessments.

You keep responding as though I've slighted you, your dog, your school, your honor, and your family all the way back to the Mayflower. Pause. Breath. Still good? Great. Life is okay. I'm sure Iowa will be fine. This is just a subjective preseason list. It's not a final judgement.

You must not be familiar with Gil. Read the B1G threads and learn yourself.

Nunge sucks.

Reactions: VulvHa
I think I've seen his name a time or two, but can't really recall anything specific. Who started calling him Gilligan lol? That's a good one.
It used to be his old screen name. He actually got banned by Bossi because he kept attacking him for not ranking Iowa recruits high enough, so it’s no surprise he is acting the way he is ITT.

It used to be his old screen name. He actually got banned by Bossi because he kept attacking him for not ranking Iowa recruits high enough, so it’s no surprise he is acting the way he is ITT.

bahahaha that is awesome. I don't know what I like more, the fact that he was attacking a national recruiting analyst - or the fact that he himself had a user name of Gilligan. Okay, everything makes sense now.

bahahaha that is awesome. I don't know what I like more, the fact that he was attacking a national recruiting analyst - or the fact that he himself had a user name of Gilligan. Okay, everything makes sense now.
It’s the craziest thing. He seems to think that rankings of 88 and 112 is the difference between an All American and a walk on.

Not just that. He accused Bossi of racism, because he wasn't ranking Iowa's white recruits high enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT