ADVERTISEMENT

If your head coach were to vanish

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Who would you be in favor of realistically replacing him with?

Is Nolan Richardson still alive.

We have a portion of our fan base that doesn’t even enjoy winning because we don’t press full court like we were known for under previous coaches. Nvm the fact that few teams press anymore. Hard to make your opponent tired when there’s a tv timeout every 4-5 mins of game clock.

What about Greg Pop?

I think/hope that was sarcasm since those two have been linked by message board conspirators to every high profile college job available since they left college, and some jobs even not available.

Reactions: GE Nole
Is Nolan Richardson still alive.

We have a portion of our fan base that doesn’t even enjoy winning because we don’t press full court like we were known for under previous coaches. Nvm the fact that few teams really press anymore.
@Sound.Slave nailed it when he brought up how fun Pitino coached teams were to watch. He should have never left UK. #kentuckyeffect

^^^^^ they were sure fun defensively although I feel like during his UL tenure the matchup zone was much more devastating than the full court press.

Offensively...mehhh.....we put up some clunkers. Basically live by the three die by the three if we didn’t have a post scorer. But we were always good for a couple/few 8-0 or 12-0 runs, but I think that was moreso a product of that zone, anticipating the next pass and getting easy fast break points. Pitino, despite his character flaws, is a helluva coach.

^^^^^ they were sure fun defensively although I feel like during his UL tenure the matchup zone was much more devastating than the full court press.

Offensively...mehhh.....we put up some clunkers. Basically live by the three die by the three if we didn’t have a post scorer. But we were always good for a couple/few 8-0 or 12-0 runs, but I think that was moreso a product of that zone, anticipating the next pass and getting easy fast break points. Pitino, despite his character flaws, is a helluva coach.
They don't just hand out HOF status.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

I feel like this ^^^ is what has allowed Hamilton’s teams to take the leap up to the true upper echelon the last few years. Somewhere between our initial defensive juggernaut/offensive challenged teams circa 2010 and the signing of Trent Forrest Hamilton figured out how to get his teams to make devastating 14-0 or 18-2 type runs. And not the UVA, 12-0 over 9 minutes type of runs. I’m talking Roy Jones Jr. combinations that send his opponent to the canvas in a matter of minutes.

Despite being courtside for 90% of home games since 2009, I really can’t put my finger on what it is that changed. Maybe adding a couple of lightning in a bottle three point shooters to each team? Or maybe it was changing from a twin tower system to a 4 out 1 in? Or perhaps it’s that our size used to all be concentrated at PF and C, and now we overwhelm teams with length at PG and SF?

But whatever it is, when teams come into the Tuck and FSU goes on a 6-0 run, coaches need to end that shit right there. Take the timeout, it’s worth it. Because if that sucker turns to 12-0 and the crowd starts to sense another steal or block coming, you better keep your head on a swivel because the haymaker is coming.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Only coach in the SEC I would want is the coach at Alabama! He’s solid. After that, Brad Stevens or maybe the TT coach.

Reactions: cdbearde
Probably Nate Oats. Any coach that is willing to publicly call out the Rat Bastard Coach K and throw digs at LSU's attendance is sure to entertain.

And he seems to be a good coach too.

We'd probably promote from within but if we had to look externally, I'd like to give Leon Rice a shot.

Right, his 8-7 record against UK is so dominant! A massive advantage of 1 game over .500 😆
We are talking coaches and there he is 7-5. Considering he had to beat y'all's lottery picks with 2-3 stars, it goes without saying that the advantage will bloom wider now that he has higher talented kids, right? 😎

• Haha
At least you aren’t ashamed of the fact that beating UK is your team, your coach and your fan bases biggest accomplishment!😎
If you're not ashamed with accepting Rick Barnes is your daddy, neither am I. 🤣

• Haha
We are talking coaches and there he is 7-5. Considering he had to beat y'all's lottery picks with 2-3 stars, it goes without saying that the advantage will bloom wider now that he has higher talented kids, right? 😎
Yes, we are talking about coaches, and Barnes is also 0-1 at Texas and 1-1 at Clemson vs UK.... 8-7. But I am sure he will continue to dominate a conference he has never won outright (only shared 1 title while UK shared 1 and won 2 outright) and has finished 8th or worse in 3 of 5 seasons. He has also never won a SECT, UK has won 3 out of 4 in that timeframe. But as long as Barnes can hang his hat on beating UK every now and then, I am sure everyone in Knoxville is happy. 😆

ADVERTISEMENT