ADVERTISEMENT

If your head coach were to vanish

Yes, we are talking about coaches, and Barnes is also 0-1 at Texas and 1-1 at Clemson vs UK.... 8-7. But I am sure he will continue to dominate a conference he has never won outright (only shared 1 title while UK shared 1 and won 2 outright) and has finished 8th or worse in 3 of 5 seasons. He has also never won a SECT, UK has won 3 out of 4 in that timeframe. But as long as Barnes can hang his hat on beating UK every now and then, I am sure everyone in Knoxville is happy. 😆
Kevin, I am a UT fan and you're a UK fan, so who gives a shit about Clemson and Texas? Why didn't you talk about Calipari at Memphis or UMASS? Do you add and subtract Memphis and UMASS wins and losses to UK's totals? You didn't because it has no bearing on Cal/Barnes UT/UK just like Texas and Clemson doesn't.

Is it so hard to face the fact that Barnes is 7-5 over Cal that you feel the need to reach for irrelevant bs? We both know that UT will be a heavy favorite against the Cats in all games this season which could be 3 if they meet in the SECT. That will make Barnes 10-5 over Cal 😵 if it comes to pass.

The fact that Barnes has built any edge considering he had to build a roster while Cal was already established at UK speaks volumes. Finally, you need to realize that I didn't start the UT/UK stuff, a UK fan said he'd hire and fire Barnes, so you're not defending a UT attack, your defending a UT counter attack. But, it's all in fun.😇

Yes, we are talking about coaches, and Barnes is also 0-1 at Texas and 1-1 at Clemson vs UK.... 8-7. But I am sure he will continue to dominate a conference he has never won outright (only shared 1 title while UK shared 1 and won 2 outright) and has finished 8th or worse in 3 of 5 seasons. He has also never won a SECT, UK has won 3 out of 4 in that timeframe. But as long as Barnes can hang his hat on beating UK every now and then, I am sure everyone in Knoxville is happy. 😆

Mic drop!!!😂

Kevin, I am a UT fan and you're a UK fan, so who gives a shit about Clemson and Texas? Why didn't you talk about Calipari at Memphis or UMASS? Do you add and subtract Memphis and UMASS wins and losses to UK's totals? You didn't because it has no bearing on Cal/Barnes UT/UK just like Texas and Clemson doesn't.

Is it so hard to face the fact that Barnes is 7-5 over Cal that you feel the need to reach for irrelevant bs? We both know that UT will be a heavy favorite against the Cats in all games this season which could be 3 if they meet in the SECT. That will make Barnes 10-5 over Cal 😵 if it comes to pass.

The fact that Barnes has built any edge considering he had to build a roster while Cal was already established at UK speaks volumes. Finally, you need to realize that I didn't start the UT/UK stuff, a UK fan said he'd hire and fire Barnes, so you're not defending a UT attack, your defending a UT counter attack. But, it's all in fun.😇

You get on your high horse when you talk about Barnes being 7-5 over Cal and how he’s Cals daddy but yet you never mention UK leading
156-74 head to head. What’s the difference? Does that make UK UT’s daddy? You’re talking about Cal vs Barnes so why aren’t their all time meetings relevant? Is it because it don’t fit your agenda? You always got some reason why this and that doesn’t matter until you wanna use it for something!

You’re talking about Cal vs Barnes so why aren’t their all time meetings relevant? Is it because it don’t fit your agenda? You always got some reason why this and that doesn’t matter until you wanna use it for something!
Because that would be stupid. The conversation is about Cal/UK and replacing him with Barnes/UT. Anything else would be changing agendas. You don't get to count coaches accomplishments from other schools.

Stay on point Scotty.

I appreciate the rant and all, but as far as irrelevance goes you were talking about Barnes vs. UK, not UT vs. UK or Barnes at UT vs. UK. ;) Also, the crap about building a roster is hilarious. Barnes consistently has plenty of talent and veteran upperclassmen. Even the first UT team he inherited included Schofield along with seniors Punter, Moore, Baulkman, and junior Hubbs. Cal is the one that turns over his roster every season. In case you haven't payed attention, Keion Brooks is the only player from last year's team that played a single minute in a UK uniform.

Last edited:
Because that would be stupid. The conversation is about Cal/UK and replacing him with Barnes/UT. Anything else would be changing agendas. You don't get to count coaches accomplishments from other schools.

Stay on point Scotty.

No Pudding, in one of your post you was talking Barnes record versus Cal. You seem to use the “stay on point” line when you don’t have an answer! Read my post again and try to answer it.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
I appreciate the rant and all, but as far as irrelevance goes you were talking about Barnes vs. UK, not UT vs. UK or Barnes at UT vs. UK. ;) Also, the crap about building a roster is hilarious. Barnes consistently has plenty of talent and veteran upperclassmen. Even the first UT team he inherited included Schofield along with seniors Punter, Moore, Baulkman, and junior Hubbs. Cal is the one that turns over his roster every season. In case you haven't payed attention, Keion Brooks is the only player from last year's team that played a single minute in a UK uniform.
Even if you have to call in wins from other schools (pathetic for UK to do) Barnes still leads Cal and the lead looks to grow.

Cal chooses to go after one and does and thus make UK an NBA developmental program instead of a 4 yr university. Do you think that will change going forward?

No Pudding, in one of your post you was talking Barnes record versus Cal. You seem to use the “stay on point” line when you don’t have an answer! Read my post again and try to answer it.
No Scotty, the conversation was about UT/Barnes and UK/Cal. You just got all worked up about my response.

No Scotty, the conversation was about UT/Barnes and UK/Cal. You just got all worked up about my response.

Oh so you didn’t mention anything about Barnes and UT’s win totals against Cal and Uk? You didn’t say something about Barnes being Cals daddy??? You didn’t mention none of that? Oh and I’m sorry to hurt your feelings but I just can’t see you getting anybody “worked up”😐

Oh so you didn’t mention anything about Barnes and UT’s win totals against Cal and Uk? You didn’t say something about Barnes being Cals daddy??? You didn’t mention none of that? Oh and I’m sorry to hurt your feelings but I just can’t see you getting anybody “worked up”😐
Do you just type stuff and not keep any kind of mental record of what you said? You were going on about UT fans being proud of beating Cal at UK, so I just reworded what you said and turned in around on you.

So you avoided what I ask is what you’re saying right? Can you not answer it? You didn’t turn anything around on me, you was talking with someone else when you brought up Barnes record against Cal.

Even if you have to call in wins from other schools (pathetic for UK to do) Barnes still leads Cal and the lead looks to grow.

Cal chooses to go after one and does and thus make UK an NBA developmental program instead of a 4 yr university. Do you think that will change going forward?
UT can just continue to focus on beating UK and doing nothing else of relevance, and UK will continue to focus on winning league titles/tourneys and advancing past the Sweet 16 in the tournament (this year excluded, of course 😤). Deal?

Reactions: Scotty00
UT can just continue to focus on beating UK and doing nothing else of relevance, and UK will continue to focus on winning league titles/tourneys and advancing past the Sweet 16 in the tournament (this year excluded, of course 😤). Deal?
We have already avenged y’all for that bullying at the hands of Kansas. You’re welcome.

Reactions: rockycard
So you avoided what I ask is what you’re saying right? Can you not answer it? You didn’t turn anything around on me, you was talking with someone else when you brought up Barnes record against Cal.
Stay on a point. I don’t really care which one, but stick to one. I just explained the “daddy” comment which is what you asked about.

Ok I’ll stay on this point! Since UK has a really really big head to head win advantage over UT do you consider UK to be UT’s daddy? That should be easy enough for you. No way to dance around this one. A simple yes or no!!!

We have already avenged y’all for that bullying at the hands of Kansas. You’re welcome.
I did enjoy that.
giphy.gif

Reactions: della and rockycard
Ok I’ll stay on this point! Since UK has a really really big head to head win advantage over UT do you consider UK to be UT’s daddy? That should be easy enough for you. No way to dance around this one. A simple yes or no!!!
I look at it the same way as I look at CFB, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what Gen Neyland accomplished back in the day or Fulmer. What matters is the present. Y'all won the CFB game this year, so y'all are the champs this year.

I wouldn’t mind giving mark Pope a chance.

I like Pope. Great enthusiasm, plus he's an analytics junkie. I think Kentucky is one of the few jobs that would actually lure him away from Provo.

For Duke, I'd have to say Chris Beard. His teams are consistently in the top 10 in defensive efficiency, with typically no more than 2-3 top 100 recruits. If he were able to pull in top 50 recruits like he could with Duke clout, this team would rarely miss a beat.

I look at it the same way as I look at CFB, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what Gen Neyland accomplished back in the day or Fulmer. What matters is the present. Y'all won the CFB game this year, so y'all are the champs this year.

If that’s the way you look at it why bring up Barnes record against Cal?

If that’s the way you look at it why bring up Barnes record against Cal?
I only brought it up as a counter to whichever UK fan (probably Lurker) putting Barnes down. I thought I had already told you that.

Btw, the Vols are kicking UK's ass Saturday. I'm not saying that because we are up and y'all are down this year. I would have said it if our records were reversed. It is what I do.🙂

I only brought it up as a counter to whichever UK fan (probably Lurker) putting Barnes down. I thought I had already told you that.

Btw, the Vols are kicking UK's ass Saturday. I'm not saying that because we are up and y'all are down this year. I would have said it if our records were reversed. It is what I do.🙂

Just for the hell of it do you wanna do a one month avatar bet? If UT wins I have to change my avatar pic to something UT of your choice and if UK wins I pick your avatar! Deal? @della???

Last edited:
History shows, some guy who can win a National Title. 3 of our last 4 coaches have won a title, 5 of the last 7. #whosnext
I often wonder if even you know what you're talking about.🤪

Ehh, even if true, I guess that's better than to have never been there.
Ohh, it's true you're 5-10. I suppose when you got nothing left you can go to Bert's and watch old VHS tapes.

ADVERTISEMENT