ADVERTISEMENT

If/when your team loses...

More or less. I have a passing interest in how things play out, but I won't miss a good cookout to watch the rest of the games. It's on to next season for me.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Yep. I’m not watching my ex make out with the new guy. F all that.
giphy.gif

I’d definitely check out if last night happened to my team. BS call to end game, imo, and the opinion of the friends I was watching it with.

That seemed like something that would have happened to one of my teams. I’m fairly sure I’d have broken something.

I’d definitely check out if last night happened to my team. BS call to end game, imo, and the opinion of the friends I was watching it with.
Shit happens. It was a great game and a great season.

Nah, whether or not my team is still playing, this is the best time of the year - aside from the end of the sports drought in September when CFB starts.

NCAA tourney leading directly into the NBA playoffs, it’s an awesome 3 month run.

Depends on how and when we lose. In 2017 after the UK loss I was dead inside. Same in 2015. Didn't watch the latter. Watched the former but didn't care.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Pretty much. I at least don't schedule around it anymore. Especially if the pussy blue is still alive. Though I did get great joy from Kris Kris Jenkins in 2016. Fvck 2017.

Depends when we lose and who is left.

Last year I didn’t give a single **** after we lost.

Agreed. If your team losses in the Elite Eight or later, you're a little more invested in that tournament. In years when Duke lost in the first or second rounds, I'm out. S16 is a toss up.

Reactions: jhmossy
does the tournament cease to exist?

It does for me. On to baseball.
Also, I think some of it depends on how prepared you are for your team to exit. I feel like UK has a ceiling this year. Not sure where; could be tonight, and that wouldn't surprise me. If it's a nut kick like the '15 Wisconsin game, I'm down for a few days, but if it's to a point where the talent is equal between teams . . . . it happens.

By out do you guys mean you don't even watch the rest of the games? I think that's crazy to be honest considering we all invest a lot of time posting on a college basketball message board lol.

Imagine if someone told you that they posted on a video game message board but didn't actually play any video games. Crazy.

Reactions: jhmossy
Kind of. I don’t root for any other particular teams but I will cheer for rivals to lose.

After the title is over I move to the NBA playoffs and golf. Can’t stand baseball

Imagine if someone told you that they posted on a video game message board but didn't actually play any video games. Crazy.

Well, it's not like any of us are spending this time exercising or actually playing basketball. Gamers are too busy gaming to post. We're a special breed.

article-1221592-06E53FDC000005DC-972_468x336.jpg

By out do you guys mean you don't even watch the rest of the games? I think that's crazy to be honest considering we all invest a lot of time posting on a college basketball message board lol.

That's a horrible analogy. No one on here said they don't watch basketball.

A more appropriate analogy might be someone who doesn’t see the video game through to the end.

It’s a clear foul. You gotta call that whether it’s the beginning of the game, middle or end.

I’ll still mostly watch though I care much less. That said, I’m not against skipping the finals if it’s two teams I dislike, because I don’t care to see one of them take the title.

The last time the tournament completely stopped for me was in 2012. I was at the S16/E8 games in STL and watched as UNC didn’t look nearly the same without Marshall. Having such high hopes leading up to the tournament and to have it dashed by an injury really sucked. Would they have made a run with him? Maybe not, but we’ll never know. I didn’t watch any of the final 4 that year.

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT