ADVERTISEMENT

If/when your team loses...

My school is from Ivy League and the last time it made into the NCAA tournament was years ago, so clearly the tournament continues on for me after they are eliminated. When they made the tournament I was supporting them, when they didnt I just watched the tournament without a home team, which can be fun as well.

does the tournament cease to exist?

It does for me. On to baseball.
Not me. It loses intensity, but I continue to watch the games. I am a basketball lover.

There is a really good chance that UK exits tonight at the same level as last year. It will hurt if it happens but I chug right along with the rest. There are still teams to root against.

That's a horrible analogy. No one on here said they don't watch basketball.
Yeah its a bad analogy you're right. I just think its strange to just tune out of the rest of the tournament, which if CBB is a hobby of ours is the highlight event of the year, just because your team lost.

Reactions: sgrooms
Not me. It loses intensity, but I continue to watch the games. I am a basketball lover.

There is a really good chance that UK exits tonight at the same level as last year. It will hurt if it happens but I chug right along with the rest. There are still teams to root against.
Damn straight Bert, I don't think UK will get past Houston tonight, just have a strong feeling about it. Houston's guards are just too tough nosed and experienced to lose this type of game.

I expect you to keep rooting against Duke and UNC though like a true Wildcat!! :)

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Kind of depends on how/when KU got knocked out but I always watch the Final Four and Championship games.

I keep watching, but don't catch all games. I am a FSU and ACC fan so will root for the league's teams to succeed. The regular season is over so don't get into the petty jealousy like some fans do.

I keep watching, but don't catch all games. I am a FSU and ACC fan so will root for the league's teams to succeed. The regular season is over so don't get into the petty jealousy like some fans do.
I am similar; however, Kentucky gets screwed in the SEC more than the NCAA so I don't always root for SEC teams.

Reactions: hatsbo and olsonab
giphy.gif

Damn straight Bert, I don't think UK will get past Houston tonight, just have a strong feeling about it. Houston's guards are just too tough nosed and experienced to lose this type of game.

I expect you to keep rooting against Duke and UNC though like a true Wildcat!! :)

UNC's fight is over
they can now rest

Depends on who is left. If there is still a B1G or Cinderella I'll watch. If it's the same ol, same ol (you know who you are Duke, UK, et al), nope.

does the tournament cease to exist?

It does for me. On to baseball.
Typically I bow out after the Final Four.

That's usually when all the Cinderella teams that were left end up losing, and all the excitement of who is going to make the Championship is past.

All that is left is usually a circle jerkoff of two upper tier teams, much like with football, though just with a few more teams every year.

That's why Duke beating Butler was such a shame. The elite need to learn one way or another that too much of a good thing can actually kill a sport, to the point where the sport itself basically revolts against you much like how the NCAA has allowed college wrestling to abandon Iowa in favor of new-blood Penn State and their current dynasty.

Of course, and this is a sidebar/off topic it's funny how Ohio State was then backed as the team to compete with Penn State for titles throughout the decade and this run that PSU has been on, but really it's just been Penn State winning save for one year where PSU was way down and OSU had enough individual guys score bonus points for them to win.................and #fullcircle it has now fallen back on Iowa's shoulders going into next year, VERRRRRY f***ing begrudgingly might I add (all that salt never really dissipates....), that people believe them to be the next in line to dethrone Penn State.

Go figure.

But yeah, typically I either don't watch the National Championship game (UNC-Gonzaga, Villanova-Michigan) or don't care who wins (UNC-Villanova).

I don’t watch again unless I see that Duke, UNC, Lville, or KAN is about to lose. Then I might tune in to watch the finish. I’ll maybe watch if another SEC team plays for the championship, as I root for the rest of our fellow SEC brothers.
But mostly I feel sick when we lose, and lose interest in the tourney.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Depends. If we’re truly a top 5 team and serious contender, losing drains my interest overall. I mean I’ll check scores and watch the champ game but I won’t religiously tune into every game like I typically do.

If I know we’re not a top dog, I don’t get as cranky about it and I’ll follow it all heavily still.

They really were great. I can't believe we squeaked that out.

I always continue to watch but I’m not nearly as invested in the storylines as I would be. There’s nothing more exciting as a fan than surviving the first and second weekend and having that 3-4 days of anticipation build up until the next round starts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT