ADVERTISEMENT

If Gonzaga wins the NC

ExitFlagger

May 2, 2015
Team
Kansas
...they will very likely finish the year undefeated.

Do we think they will run the table?

They look like the most solid and skilled team. Watching them take apart UVa makes me wonder, too, if they can run the table.

Has the Baylor nonconference game truly cancelled, or are they still trying to make that game up this season? If not, can't see anybody in WCC touching Zags this season (unless injuries of course).

Reactions: fntiger

IMO, it will take a cold shooting night. hate to bring this back to UK, but a night like '10 UK team of going of'er what seemed 30 threes.

They look like the most solid and skilled team. Watching them take apart UVa makes me wonder, too, if they can run the table.

The resident Gonzaga fan recently asked why Gonzaga would want to play in another league. I think he may find out in March when they meet a battle-tested team like Baylor after sleep-walking for two months.

Has the Baylor nonconference game truly cancelled, or are they still trying to make that game up this season? If not, can't see anybody in WCC touching Zags this season (unless injuries of course).

I heard it’s cancelled.

I think that Gonzaga was hoping that this game was supposed to be the Baylor game. That’s why it is in Fort Worth.

Like Gonzaga got the arena and was hoping to put in Baylor, it didn’t happen and Virginia was scheduled instead.

It feels like almost every year "this team" isnt the one that wins it. But based on the limited ball I've seen, I don't know who the hell else you'd realistically pick. My God....90+ points every damn game it feels like.

Meanwhile UK-UofL was at around 40 pts with 10 to go.

When they hit threes, they look unbeatable. But it’s pretty likely that they’ll be cold at least once in six games and have to grind one out. If that’s a team that can score, they could be in trouble because they certainly can’t lock teams down defensively.

Virginia isn't anywhere near elite this year.

Don't take anything from that game.

Regarding Baylor. Game won't be scheduled.
So Gonzaga is all based on who is in their bracket and how it ends up.

Have to make a game against Gonzaga ugly.
Bob Huggins showed this

It’s still early but Gonzaga looks like a G league team with a lottery pick at point guard. They are deep, old, have a high basketball IQ, and seems like the whole team can shoot.

The resident Gonzaga fan recently asked why Gonzaga would want to play in another league. I think he may find out in March when they meet a battle-tested team like Baylor after sleep-walking for two months.
I know...To bad they haven't played teams like Kansas, Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia to get them ready....

When they hit threes, they look unbeatable. But it’s pretty likely that they’ll be cold at least once in six games and have to grind one out. If that’s a team that can score, they could be in trouble because they certainly can’t lock teams down defensively.
True---because that 👍 AdjD of 18 surely indicates they play no defense...

I feel like Gonzaga has already played a good schedule thus far and are def the team to beat. They’re legit,
Kansas, Iowa, WVU, Virginia and Auburn.. Four Top 20 teams. Three Top 10 at the time.

Reactions: UL_1986
I know...To bad they haven't played teams like Kansas, Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia to get them ready....

So you think playing a few quality teams in Nov/Dec prepares you as well as facing quality competition all year? Do you think their league is going to help them improve as much as the Big 12 or Big 10 would?

Reactions: CO_hawk
So you think playing a few quality teams in Nov/Dec prepares you as well as facing quality competition all year? Do you think their league is going to help them improve as much as the Big 12 or Big 10 would?
Not sure...Not sure it matters...They have went to 3 Elite 8's, a Final Four and played for a national title the past 5 seasons,playing in the WCC--all the while apparently not getting prepared by their weak conference....

thegame-50cent_hateitorloveit-underdog.gif

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, ya kinda of sorta of did.....

So to say that they don’t play lockdown defense equates to 0 defense? Weird.

The 4 legit teams they’ve played averaged 84 ppg. Do you consider that lockdown defense?

So to say that they don’t play lockdown defense equates to 0 defense? Weird.

The 4 legit teams they’ve played averaged 84 ppg. Do you consider that lockdown defense?

Points per possession

Ppg often times doesn't show the quality of a defense as much as points per possession.

Gonzaga's tempo to me could cause issues

Today Gonzaga won the matchup of conflicting styles more than anything.

Virginia isn't anywhere close enough to be able to enforce their will on a team like Gonzaga.

Any team that speeds UVa up has a chance to blow them out because their offense short circuits

Limit the possessions of Gonzaga
Body up on Timme
Rebound the ball
Win the points off turnover difference

Can't let Gonzaga turn TOs into points

Not sure...Not sure it matters...They have went to 3 Elite 8's, a Final Four and played for a national title the past 5 seasons,playing in the WCC--all the while apparently not getting prepared by their weak conference....

Well, an elite 8 or final four appearance isn’t the goal this time. And when they run into a team that’s been consistently playing top competition while they’ve been playing San Francisco and San Diego, that could be the difference.

I’m not even sure they’re better than Baylor right now. Two months could definitely allow them to close the gap if there is one.

What good has that quality of of competition done for Kansas? One title since 1988 playing in a top tier conference...That is exactly ONE. The past 5 seasons, Kansas and Gonzaga have the same amount of Elite 8's/FF's. Only difference----Kansas with their huge advantage of playing in the Big 12, has lost in the 2nd round twice in that same span---Gonzaga has been to 5 consecutive SW 16's.

This isn't the Gonzaga of old....Pretty good teams, large win totals, only to lose in the 2nd round...The teams Few is putting on the floor these past 5 seasons have been legit, FF/National title teams. Last year they were legit FF good....THis year, they are certainly that good,probably better.

If you are elite---you are elite...And they are elite.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Well, an elite 8 or final four appearance isn’t the goal this time. And when they run into a team that’s been consistently playing top competition while they’ve been playing San Francisco and San Diego, that could be the difference.

I’m not even sure they’re better than Baylor right now. Two months could definitely allow them to close the gap if there is one.
You think when they went to the Elite 8, that was the goal? THose teams were one seeds----35-3 teams. You don't think the goal was to win the title? Or when they played Carolina that team was just happy to be there? SHit, they should have beaten Carolina, IMO.

Not sure they are better than Baylor. Not sure Baylor is better either. I mean, who exactly has Baylor beaten asides Illinois? Arkansas Pine Bluff, SFA, LA Lafayette and a miserable KSU team? All the while, Gonzaga has torched Iowa, Kansas and Virginia....And you are talking to me about schedules....

Really?

You think when they went to the Elite 8, that was the goal? THose teams were one seeds----35-3 teams. You don't think the goal was to win the title? Or when they played Carolina that team was just happy to be there? SHit, they should have beaten Carolina, IMO.

Not sure they are better than Baylor. Not sure Baylor is better either. I mean, who exactly has Baylor beaten asides Illinois? Arkansas Pine Bluff, SFA, LA Lafayette and a miserable KSU team? All the while, Gonzaga has torched Iowa, Kansas and Virginia....And you are talking to me about schedules....

Really?

Okay, replace “goal” with expectation. Happy?

Baylor returned basically everybody. We don’t need to see them play a bunch of top teams to know they’re good.

Really?

They beat UNC if Zach Collins wasn’t called for really crappy 4th and 5th fouls.

What good has that quality of of competition done for Kansas? One title since 1988 playing in a top tier conference...That is exactly ONE. The past 5 seasons, Kansas and Gonzaga have the same amount of Elite 8's/FF's. Only difference----Kansas with their huge advantage of playing in the Big 12, has lost in the 2nd round twice in that same span---Gonzaga has been to 5 consecutive SW 16's.

This isn't the Gonzaga of old....Pretty good teams, large win totals, only to lose in the 2nd round...The teams Few is putting on the floor these past 5 seasons have been legit, FF/National title teams. Last year they were legit FF good....THis year, they are certainly that good,probably better.

If you are elite---you are elite...And they are elite.

So the Big 12 competition hasn’t helped KU because they haven’t won a ton of titles, but crappy competition hasn’t hurt a team that’s never won a title.

Do you read this stuff before posting?

But they should have won a title the last 5 years...

They were that good

"The teams Few is putting on the floor these past 5 seasons have been legit, FF/National title teams. Last year they were legit FF good....THis year, they are certainly that good,probably better."

He is a Gonzaga Fanboy. Can't admit that they most likely won't ever win a NC.

I would be surprised if they make another FF

Their best team unfortunately matched up against UNC.

They weren't going to lose that NC
Don't care who was on the court.

Joel Berry wasn't losing that game.

Gonzaga probably beats UVa in 2019.
That was one of the weaker NC the last 5 years.

They have 1 NC quality team.
That is it

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT