ADVERTISEMENT

If Gonzaga wins the NC

But they should have won a title the last 5 years...

They were that good

"The teams Few is putting on the floor these past 5 seasons have been legit, FF/National title teams. Last year they were legit FF good....THis year, they are certainly that good,probably better."

He is a Gonzaga Fanboy. Can't admit that they most likely won't ever win a NC.

I would be surprised if they make another FF
You like to make a nice bet on this?

So the Big 12 competition hasn’t helped KU because they haven’t won a ton of titles, but crappy competition hasn’t hurt a team that’s never won a title.

Do you read this stuff before posting?
My point was over the past 5 seasons.....KU and GU have the exact same number of ELite 8's/FF's. Only difference is, KU has lost twice in the 2nd round....GU has not. SO exactly what has the B12 provided for KU?

Point is---good is good. Elite is elite. What conference you play in is irrelevant. Gonzaga could win the B12, B10, ACC this year....Last year....Anytime in the past 5 years----Few has upgraded his roster.

But hey,. lets continue to talk about how weak their conference is...Never mind they have been as successful in the past 5 NCAAT than UK, KU, MSU, etc, etc....

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
But they should have won a title the last 5 years...

They were that good

"The teams Few is putting on the floor these past 5 seasons have been legit, FF/National title teams. Last year they were legit FF good....THis year, they are certainly that good,probably better."

He is a Gonzaga Fanboy. Can't admit that they most likely won't ever win a NC.

I would be surprised if they make another FF
Has nadda to do with being a Gonzaga fan boy....Has everything to do with your ignorant ass takes on them. The past 5 seasons, Few has upgraded his rosters....The teams he has had have been very good. Regardless of conference ties. They have boat raced Iowa, Kansas and UVA...Yet you dudes wanna pimp a Baylor team that has beaten one good team in Illinois.....The rest have been shit; Ark. Pine Bluff, SFA, Kansas State===who got smacked by a fukin D2 school, Lou. Lafayette....I mean, really?

Has nadda to do with being a Gonzaga fan boy....Has everything to do with your ignorant ass takes on them. The past 5 seasons, Few has upgraded his rosters....The teams he has had have been very good. Regardless of conference ties. They have boat raced Iowa, Kansas and UVA...Yet you dudes wanna pimp a Baylor team that has beaten one good team in Illinois.....The rest have been shit; Ark. Pine Bluff, SFA, Kansas State===who got smacked by a fukin D2 school, Lou. Lafayette....I mean, really?

Sound like a Fanboy.

My issue with Gonzaga is when they don't score the 80+ points.

There are a few teams who could hold Gonzaga under 80
Virginia isn't good this year. Isn't that obvious already.

Sound like a Fanboy.

My issue with Gonzaga is when they don't score the 80+ points.
As we saw against WVU.

WVU is probably a 4 or 5 seed.
Future Sweet 16 matchup.
Ummmm, they scored 87....Didn't play well....And still won. So you are concerned about----them not playing well, ONLY scoring 87,and, ummmm----winning?

Got it.

Ummmm, they scored 87....Didn't play well....And still won. So you are concerned about----them not playing well, ONLY scoring 87,and, ummmm----winning?

Got it.

Easy excuse...

Not playing well happens.

Could happen in the tournament as well.
So Gonzaga isn't this juggernaut that will destroy the entire field like a Villanova did a couple of years ago

Teams will limit possessions
Out rebound Gonzaga and limit Points off of turnovers

Will force Gonzaga to win while going through 2-3 scoring droughts.

Easy excuse...

Not playing well happens.

Could happen in the tournament as well.
So Gonzaga isn't this juggernaut that will destroy the entire field like a Villanova did a couple of years ago
Didn;t realize they needed to .....My bad. Here i was thinking they only had to be the best team for 6 games----not be a juggernaut.

What excuse? Suggs had an off night; 4 points. They had an off night---yet still be a Top 10 team. I mean isn't that would championship caliber teams do? Overcome bad games, and still beat good teams?

Here you go again0---trolling, or simply changing the argument...

Didn;t realize they needed to .....My bad. Here i was thinking they only had to be the best team for 6 games----not be a juggernaut.

What excuse? Suggs had an off night; 4 points. They had an off night---yet still be a Top 10 team. I mean isn't that would championship caliber teams do? Overcome bad games, and still beat good teams?

Here you go again0---trolling, or simply changing the argument...

WVU had a bad game...
See how easy that is.

WVU isn't the most talented basketball team.
But they enforced their will on Gonzaga for over 1/2 the game

Good chance that a Villanova could or a KU team by the end of the year

Ok. Gonzagas schedule still sucks ass. Why are you pretending that playing 3 quality opponents at the beginning of a season is some feat?
Never said it was feat....But playing KU, Iowa, Virginia and WVU, in four of your first 7 games is impressive...Especially when you dog walk 3 of them.

Not sure why the hate for Gonzaga.....

Never said it was feat....But playing KU, Iowa, Virginia and WVU, in four of your first 7 games is impressive...Especially when you dog walk 3 of them.

Not sure why the hate for Gonzaga.....
I love Gonzaga, but you acting like they don't get the benefit of playing a shit schedule and walking into a 1 seed and an easier path to a national championship is puzzling.
Obviously scheduled a better non con this year than in the past. I'm not denying that.

You would trade schedules between Indiana and Gonzaga in a heartbeat. You'd be a top 3 seed with two loses all year....

Borden getting pounded in here. Now look at him. Grade school stuff going on now.
Sure...."Pounded". Ya'llmaking some good points, here....Gonzaga schedule is weak...won't prepare them...Yet the past 5 years, they have been as good as UK, Kansas, Duke, etc, etc...in the NCAAT.

Makes sense...RollLaugh

I know one thing---gonna love this thread when Gonzaga cuts the nets down.....

Sure...."Pounded". Ya'llmaking some good points, here....Gonzaga schedule is weak...won't prepare them...Yet the past 5 years, they have been as good as UK, Kansas, Duke, etc, etc...in the NCAAT.

Makes sense...RollLaugh
Sure does help going in as a 1 seed, doesn't it? From playing a shit schedule.

Did you get that Gonzaga sweater for Christmas
I like these nice little cute, insults----Nothing says, "I have nothing:",more than a 3rd grade remark like this does...

Instead of dumb shit like this,why not being a big boy, and tell why Gonzaga's not fit, even though over the past 5 seasons they've had just as much NCAAT success than Kansas, UK or Duke.....

Care to explain?

My point was over the past 5 seasons.....KU and GU have the exact same number of ELite 8's/FF's. Only difference is, KU has lost twice in the 2nd round....GU has not. SO exactly what has the B12 provided for KU?

Point is---good is good. Elite is elite. What conference you play in is irrelevant. Gonzaga could win the B12, B10, ACC this year....Last year....Anytime in the past 5 years----Few has upgraded his roster.

But hey,. lets continue to talk about how weak their conference is...Never mind they have been as successful in the past 5 NCAAT than UK, KU, MSU, etc, etc....

Usually there are a few teams in their league that can play with them. This year it looks like there will be no one within a mile.

It’s only natural to get a little complacent when you don’t have any adversity or challenges for 2.5 months. And some will no doubt let it go to their heads when they finish the year undefeated and #1 and everybody on ESPN is saying they’re unbeatable. Yeah, I suppose their roster could be full of robots who will go full throttle every minute of every game and will constantly push themselves so they can win the next game by 50. But...doubtful.

To say it’s irrelevant is ridiculous. It’s equally ridiculous to assume that because they beat a team by double digits in Nov/Dec, that they would in March as well. In the first game last season, KU turned it over 9,000 times and lost to Duke. But I don’t think anyone would have put money on Duke winning a rematch in the tourney. I also don’t see KU making the improvement they did playing in the WCC. The key turning point was getting smacked in the mouth by Baylor at home. That gave them the adversity they needed to get re-motivated and showed them where they needed to be. They flipped the script in Waco and didn’t lose another game.

Little different when you’re sitting your starters with 10 minutes on the clock every night.

I like these nice little cute, insults----Nothing says, "I have nothing:",more than a 3rd grade remark like this does...

Instead of dumb shit like this,why not being a big boy, and tell why Gonzaga's not fit, even though over the past 5 seasons they've had just as much NCAAT success than Kansas, UK or Duke.....

Care to explain?

So wearing a Gonzaga sweater is an insult
Don't treat them like that.

Sure does help going in as a 1 seed, doesn't it? From playing a shit schedule.
I guess....But why hasn't KU, UNC, Duke, UK, etc, etc....done so? Why hasn't KU's, Dukes, UNC, etc, etc...bug meanie schedule helped them? Seems to me playing such a rough schedule could at least prepare you to get past the 2nd round----right?

Care to explain?
Uhh, because starting as a 1 seed is easier than starting as a 7 seed...

2018 Gonzaga played three ranked teams all year and lost to two of them. Was a 1 seed in the tournament. Shit schedule.

I guess....But why hasn't KU, UNC, Duke, UK, etc, etc....done so? Why hasn't KU's, Dukes, UNC, etc, etc...bug meanie schedule helped them? Seems to me playing such a rough schedule could at least prepare you to get past the 2nd round----right?
Each team has their own problems, comparing their situations would be impossible. Matchups, coaching, kid gets hot at the right time.
But carry on.
UNC and Duke have won a championship in the last 5 years.... Seemed to help Tech and Virginia last year.
Keep on keeping on.

Usually there are a few teams in their league that can play with them. This year it looks like there will be no one within a mile.

It’s only natural to get a little complacent when you don’t have any adversity or challenges for 2.5 months. And some will no doubt let it go to their heads when they finish the year undefeated and #1 and everybody on ESPN is saying they’re unbeatable. Yeah, I suppose their roster could be full of robots who will go full throttle every minute of every game and will constantly push themselves so they can win the next game by 50. But...doubtful.

To say it’s irrelevant is ridiculous. It’s equally ridiculous to assume that because they beat a team by double digits in Nov/Dec, that they would in March as well. In the first game last season, KU turned it over 9,000 times and lost to Duke. But I don’t think anyone would have put money on Duke winning a rematch in the tourney. I also don’t see KU making the improvement they did playing in the WCC. The key turning point was getting smacked in the mouth by Baylor at home. That gave them the adversity they needed to get re-motivated and showed them where they needed to be. They flipped the script in Waco and didn’t lose another game.

Little different when you’re sitting your starters with 10 minutes on the clock every night.
I get it...i agree. GU won't face the teams KU will....or Iowa.....Or, well, whoever....But that hs shown of late, to not really matter...

Few has upgraded his roster---his takent. His last 5 teams have been really, really good. I get the hate. GU getting high seeds, losing early----for years.

IMO, that has changed. If you cannot see how good his teams have been of late, you are just refusing to do so...

I mean its not like I'm the only person impressed with how good they have looked....And they have done so versus very good teams.

We shall see in March. I wouldn't bet against them. Three of the past 5 seasons, they have landed in the Elite 8. And this might be the best team Few has had.

I get it...It dumb, but I get it.

ADVERTISEMENT