ADVERTISEMENT

I gained even more respect for Kansas today...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
basically told the ncaa to fvxk off for 5-6 years and still won in the end. Supports the point i have been saying for years. No one should ever bow to that gutless organization. Especially an historical power in basketball or football. They have no power

no-you-have-no-power-over-me.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
basically told the ncaa to fvxk off for 5-6 years and still won in the end. Supports the point i have been saying for years. No one should ever bow to that gutless organization. Especiallyhow an historical power in basketball or football. They have no power
For shits and gigs, KU should appeal....Hey muther****ers---yall said the kid was eligible. **** you and your sanctions---Keeping the dubs and the banner.

Fans got their new villain.

IARP got shuttered.

NCAA got neutered.

Dolla Bill is a mobster.

Kentucky is "back on top".

Everybody wins.
Bill Self also tried to sacrifice himself for the good of the Kansas program.

In the early morning hours after winning his second national title, Bill Self was still partying in the eighth floor conference room of the New Orleans JW Marriott. The clock pushed past 6 a.m. Self’s players, past and present, passed around a flower vase full of Tito’s Vodka like it was the Stanley Cup. But behind Self’s celebration, there was a secret that made the championship all the more special.
He had tried, more than once, to sit out the NCAA Tournament he’d just won.
Just one month earlier, Self agreed to sacrifice himself. He told the NCAA he'd sideline himself for the entire 2022 NCAA Tournament if KU could move past the five Level 1 violation charges against his program.

Bill Self also tried to sacrifice himself for the good of the Kansas program.
. He told the NCAA he'd sideline himself for the entire 2022 NCAA Tournament if KU could move past the five Level 1 violation charges against his program.
Smart when ya think about it...When you have lost in the 2nd round 8X's---whats two games? ;) ---to get rid of 5 level 1 infractions.

Smart when ya think about it...When you have lost in the 2nd round 8X's---whats two games? ;) ---to get rid of 5 level 1 infractions.

Self's passed the 2nd round as a 1 seed 8 out of 9 times. He's reached the S16 in 11 of 18 tourneys (61%). What would you expect that number to be? Bob Knight failed to reach the S16 in over half his seasons at Indiana. Lost in the first round or worse in 41% of his seasons at Indiana (12 of 29). Self's finished in the 1st round or worse twice and zero times since '06.

Last edited:
Oh boy @IUfanBorden you done did it now.
Just tell him he's right and he might stop humping your leg.

Oh yeah, I'm triggered as hell. Almost as triggered as you become when someone dares to suggest that A$hton wasn't holding someone else's stacks. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Self's passed the 2nd round as a 1 seed 8 out of 9 times. He's reached the S16 in 11 of 18 tourneys (61%). What would you expect that number to be? Bob Knight failed to reach the S16 in over half his seasons at Indiana. Lost in the first round or worse in 41% of his seasons at Indiana (12 of 29). Self's finished in the 1st round or worse twice and zero times since '06.
It was a joke....

I know that you were messing around, but the 2nd round thing is something you bring up a lot.
Well to be fair, it has happened a lot...Look I think Self is fantastic---Probably best in the biz. But dude has lost some ****ing head-scratching, 2nd rounf games. I know everyone does...And hes somewhat been UConn of late.

Three of the past 4 NCAAT's, KU has been bounced in the 2nd round...

Again, all in fun

Reactions: ExitFlagger
So Self and Cal both have vacated FFs and multiple games vacated.
One difference, Calipari wasn't hit with a Lvl 3 violation.

NCAA cleared Calipari.

Well to be fair, it has happened a lot...Look I think Self is fantastic---Probably best in the biz. But dude has lost some ****ing head-scratching, 2nd rounf games. I know everyone does...And hes somewhat been UConn of late.

Three of the past 4 NCAAT's, KU has been bounced in the 2nd round...

Again, all in fun

He didn't coach in the tourney last year. The other two were middling teams that lost to two of the hottest teams in those tourneys. That USC team was #6 on Kenpom and KU was #27. But USC was a 6 seed. Go figure.

It's been quite awhile since he had a head-scratching tourney loss. Maybe Stanford in 2014, but that team just wasn't that good w/out Embiid. They went from a final four contender to probably a fringe top 20 team.

He didn't coach in the tourney last year. The other two were middling teams that lost to two of the hottest teams in those tourneys. That USC team was #6 on Kenpom and KU was #27. But USC was a 6 seed. Go figure.

It's been quite awhile since he had a head-scratching tourney loss. Maybe Stanford in 2014, but that team just wasn't that good w/out Embiid. They went from a final four contender to probably a fringe top 20 team.
Fair enough. Great coach. And BTW, I didnt say when he had them, I just said he's had them---Headscratchers.

ADVERTISEMENT