ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson

For those who watched Bradshaw (UK’s 7 footer) against NC, would he have influenced the game vs Kansas/Dickinson or would the outcome be the same?
He would have had an impact, but would it have changed the outcome? Who knows. Does Thiero have a career game if Bradshaw plays? He had a huge impact that night.

You can not like Hunter, but if you’re going to celebrate him being injured….thats not a good look my man.
The douchebag wore a ski mask the day after four people were killed on rival Michigan State’s campus by a gunman wearing a mask. Coincidence, I don’t think so. I could give a fvck if he never plays again.

IMG-3190.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'd love to see Calipari take on a decent team without 49% of his scoring or his best defender.
The only thing I can think of, is the Arkansas game in Fayetteville last year. Arkansas had already won in Rupp and somehow Cal got the win @ Arkansas without Cason Wallace, Sahvir Wheeler and Ugo. That’s 20ppg, but to your point, it's not 49% of the scoring. They actually won easily (88-79).

But in true Calipari fashion, he turned around and lost the very next game in the SECT to Vanderbilt.

KU was already really thin, taking McCullar and Hunter away, is an impossible hill to climb and Cincinnati is surprisingly good.

The game, and Big 12 Tournament, means nothing to KU. Made no sense for Self to trot either of them out.

However, with that being said, not like KU has been tearing it up with a full roster anyways. They literally have only 4 guys (maybe a fifth if you consider Furphy), that teams need to worry about. Self did an absolutely awful job building this roster.

The only thing I can think of, is the Arkansas game in Fayetteville last year. Arkansas had already won in Rupp and somehow Cal got the win @ Arkansas without Cason Wallace, Sahvir Wheeler and Ugo. That’s 20ppg, but to your point, it's not 49% of the scoring. They actually won easily (88-79).

But in true Calipari fashion, he turned around and lost the very next game in the SECT to Vanderbilt.

KU was already really thin, taking McCullar and Hunter away, is an impossible hill to climb and Cincinnati is surprisingly good.

Yeah, Cincinnati's not a bad team at all. I was hoping for a better effort from KU, but it wasn't too surprising.

Reactions: kyjeff1
The game, and Big 12 Tournament, means nothing to KU. Made no sense for Self to trot either of them out.

However, with that being said, not like KU has been tearing it up with a full roster anyways. They literally have only 4 guys (maybe a fifth if you consider Furphy), that teams need to worry about. Self did an absolutely awful job building this roster.

McCullar's been dealing with an injury for around two months. Before that, they only had a couple losses and a lot of good wins. They were short on scholarships due to a self-imposed reduction, and another player decided to redshirt. They always knew they weren't going to be very deep. The biggest blow was the Arterio Morris thing. They could definitely use a player like that in the backcourt. Even still, they've shown they can beat anybody when healthy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
McCullar's been dealing with an injury for around two months. Before that, they only had a couple losses and a lot of good wins. They were short on scholarships due to a self-imposed reduction, and another player decided to redshirt. They always knew they weren't going to be very deep. The biggest blow was the Arterio Morris thing. They could definitely use a player like that in the backcourt. Even still, they've shown they can beat anybody when healthy.
Was Arterio Morris really that big of a blow? Unless I am looking at the wrong stats, are you saying KU was banking on Morris, a guy who averaged 4 pts a game at TX last year, to be a difference maker?

Was Arterio Morris really that big of a blow? Unless I am looking at the wrong stats, are you saying KU was banking on Morris, a guy who averaged 4 pts a game at TX last year, to be a difference maker?

Morris was the player I was most excited to watch this year. I think he had a chance to be their best player. He was a top 15 recruit and some considered him the best guard in his class. He wasn't consistent as a freshman, but he played on probably the most loaded roster in the country. It's no surprise that a freshman didn't get a ton of minutes on a roster with Carr, Rice and Hunter.

In an exhibition last summer in Puerto Rico, he scored 20 with 5 assists and a couple steals. Made almost every shot. He generated a lot of buzz in practice and they definitely had high expectations for him.

Getting worked by UC is embarrassing....even if it's mostly your 2nd string playing them.
KU is 6-41 over the last two games from three.

Nearly all of those were wide open looks. They can't hit the broad side of a barn right now. It's between the ears right now.

Don't look for that to improve with the pressure of losing in the tourney riding on their backs. Good pick to lose their first game.

Absolutely yes.

Morris burned us when he played us last year. Dude was good. Athletic as hell, could get to the rim, and a decent shooter, much better than what we have anyway. With him, we'd have a 2nd shooter other than Furphy.

He had his moments last year, but he played on a stacked roster at Texas and likely didn't receive great coaching once Beard decided to choke out his gf.

Some guys have all the talent in the world and piss it away. That would be Morris.

KU would be way different this year without him. Even without him, KU was a very good team the first half of the year. But they wore down with injuries and lack of depth, guys didn't have legs left late in the season, especially on those games with two day turnarounds. With Morris, guys are getting several extra minutes of rest every game. Even Hunter, because Self would have been less pressured to leave him out on the court for long stretches with better guard play.

ADVERTISEMENT