ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson

he loves to troll people.

his all-time wins troll after the Champions Classic was gold. 🤣

Dickinson's averaging 22 and 12 so far on 66% shooting. 83% from three.

giphy.gif

Game was too late for my participation. Too old for island time these days. What were the determining factors in the loss?
Marquette had athletic bigs that shut Hunter down and their guards pretty much shut everything else down. Marquette plays a lot like Houston. They play every possession like their life depends on it, only Marquette runs a lot of back cuts. They’re tough.

Now KU has to play UT, a very different team. One goes home with 2 L's. My guess is UT wins that one.

Marquette had athletic bigs that shut Hunter down and their guards pretty much shut everything else down. Marquette plays a lot like Houston. They play every possession like their life depends on it, only Marquette runs a lot of back cuts. They’re tough.

Now KU has to play UT, a very different team. One goes home with 2 L's. My guess is UT wins that one.

Hasn’t it been posited even another 7 footer couldn’t interfere with his abilities?

Thing is, he didn’t really flip when he played for Michigan. There were times when I wished he would, cause he would never get any calls due to his size.
He’s been flopping so far this season and gotten a couple calls because of it.

Every team has teams they don't match up well against. Purdue, marquette, Arizona , Duke as well. Most years whoever gets the best bracket usually gets that Chip
KU matches up a lot better with Purdue than Marquette or UK(sans bigs).

I’m sure when March rolls around KU will be matched up with a bunch of teams without a player taller than 6’9”.

The 2020 team is the last team for KU that didn’t have a matchup weakness. They could play with big teams or small quick teams. But generally most teams have a weakness.

If Furphy and McDowell can give some quality burn late season, I'm gonna lose so much money come tourney time
.. 😭🤣🥳

KU matches up a lot better with Purdue than Marquette or UK(sans bigs).

I’m sure when March rolls around KU will be matched up with a bunch of teams without a player taller than 6’9”.

The 2020 team is the last team for KU that didn’t have a matchup weakness. They could play with big teams or small quick teams. But generally most teams have a weakness.
Teams I think KU matches up well and not well with

Match up well

Duke
Zona
Purdue
Tennessee ( changed my mind on this)
Zags
UNC
Houston

Not matchup well

UK
Marquette