ADVERTISEMENT

How good is this Gonzaga team?

Davis is actually the only one of the three who didn't sweep the NPOY awards.

There's no comparing the supporting casts. What do you think would have happened to Texas or Duke if Durant/Zion went 1/10 vs one of the top teams in the country? No matter what they did defensively, they'd likely get rolled.

In this very thread, you guys are giving Kentucky the nod at every position over undefeated Gonzaga except Suggs. Now try that exercise for 07 Texas and 19 Duke. Yet, conveniently, the narrative has now shifted to Davis and the Miracles.
What award didn't he win? tia

There's no comparing the supporting casts. What do you think would have happened to Texas or Duke if Durant/Zion went 1/10 vs one of the top teams in the country? No matter what they did defensively, they'd likely get rolled.

In this very thread, you guys are giving Kentucky the nod at every position over undefeated Gonzaga except Suggs. Now try that exercise for 07 Texas and 19 Duke. Yet, conveniently, the narrative has now shifted to Davis and the Miracles.

Zion had 2 other lottery picks on that roster and Tre Jones was drafted the next year. Texas had 3 other NBA players on their roster, and another 2x all big 12 player. So who's acting like they had no talent either? Was Kentucky more talented? Yes. But both of those teams should have done better in the tournament. Was it their faults they lost? No. But a better player should drag them to the finish line.

Also I know your reading comprehension is garbage, but I never said UK had 4 better starters than Gonzaga. I said Suggs was the only one who is a lot better than the UK player opposite.

Reactions: JimboBBN

No, your the one who said he wasn’t the best player of the decade or whatever. That’s what this topic had turned into. And you can have your opinion, it’s cool. I dislike UK but still think AD was the most dominating player I’ve seen in 35 years.

Nobody was talking about comparing other past teams to one another, we we talking about how Gonzaga would stack up to past teams.

hell imo Kemba Walker was a better college player than zion or Durant, bc he led their his team to the trophy. Is he a better player? No of course not. But that’s just my opinion.

If going deep in March doesn’t play into the equation, we have to consider trae young in the category as well, led the country in points and assists iirc.

If going deep in March doesn’t play into the equation, we have to consider trae young in the category as well, led the country in points and assists iirc.

I don't think team success is the most important metric but when you're comparing players that won everything else it's another feather in the cap.

Reactions: Villian07
Zion had 2 other lottery picks on that roster and Tre Jones was drafted the next year. Texas had 3 other NBA players on their roster, and another 2x all big 12 player. So who's acting like they had no talent either? Was Kentucky more talented? Yes. But both of those teams should have done better in the tournament. Was it their faults they lost? No. But a better player should drag them to the finish line.

Also I know your reading comprehension is garbage, but I never said UK had 4 better starters than Gonzaga. I said Suggs was the only one who is a lot better than the UK player opposite.

Someone said that Kentucky had the advantage at 4 positions. It all blends together at some point.

So are you saying that if you replaced Davis with Durant or Zion, that they'd lose that national title game?

I don’t even know what that stands for. Wooden POY and Naismith POY, so there’s a third?

Ill shit on uk any chance I get, just not seeing the chance here.

I mean at some point we are arguing lambo vs Ferrari. All these guys are/were insanely good.

RollLaugh
Someone said that Kentucky had the advantage at 4 positions. It all blends together at some point.

So are you saying that if you replaced Davis with Durant or Zion, that they'd lose that national title game?
I'm confused by the goalpost. Do players take a seat when not winning a championship?

Not you, but in genera;. name a better player than Davis with using college freshman terms. or just collegiate terms.

Show me the post please. You can't just say that and then say all Kentucky fans say that. You're good at that though.

Maybe? Kentucky's defense was set up because they had a guy inside that blocked/altered every shot. KD or Zion weren't that guy.

Also is Mariano Rivera the best baseball player of all time? He's the only one with 100% votes for the HoF.

Reactions: Villian07

Just so hard to say. Idk if all they had down low was Vargas, I guess zion coulda played the 5 Though. Hard to say either way for me. I feel like AD was the main reason they were so good, but your right the pieces around him were really good as well.

Could AD have taken barret/reddish/Jones to a title? I think so bc he doesn’t have an overlapping skill set like Barrett/zion, but who knows.

Show me the post please. You can't just say that and then say all Kentucky fans say that. You're good at that though.

Maybe? Kentucky's defense was set up because they had a guy inside that blocked/altered every shot. KD or Zion weren't that guy.

Also is Mariano Rivera the best baseball player of all time? He's the only one with 100% votes for the HoF.

You're insane if you think that they wouldn't win easily by adding a player who scored at will (vs maybe the 10th-best KU team of the last 20 years).

Btw, I didn't say that all Kentucky fans say anything. I didn't even limit it to Kentucky fans. Maybe it's your reading comprehension that needs work.

You're insane if you think that they wouldn't win easily by adding a player who scored at will (vs maybe the 10th-best KU team of the last 20 years).

Btw, I didn't say that all Kentucky fans say anything. I didn't even limit it to Kentucky fans. Maybe it's your reading comprehension that needs work.

"in this very thread you guys are giving UK the nod at 4 positions over undefeated Gonzaga except Suggs". Once again citation needed and quit moving goalposts.

Click the prev page. It was said. Suggs > Teague. Uk frontcourt > Gonzaga frontcourt. Ad and jones > timme and kispert. Lamb and miller > nemhard and Ayayi. Was basically the summary.

I’m a Louisville fan and UK hater and I can’t even argue with that opinion. But again it’s easier to look back at players knowing what they are now as opposed to not knowing what the Gonzaga players will become at the next level.

Maybe so. Or maybe KD has an off shooting night and goes 1-10 like AD did but without ADs defense down low Thomas Robinson goes for 30 and 15 instead of whatever he had that game.

This is just hypothetical nonsense that we could argue a hundred thousand different ways.

everyone has their own opinion and are very unlikely to change it based on a discussion with anonymous people on a message board.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There are other fans debating this too if you hadn't noticed.

You replied to me (a Kentucky fan) and said you guys. A UL fan is not one of you guys in that scenario. And one person's post isn't indicative of what most think like you implied.

It was said multiple times that he was the only one to sweep all the awards, so I think it's worth pointing out that he was actually the only one who didn't.
Being he was the ""only one who didn't", who are the others that did.?

Or didn't, sorry i'm confused.

Maybe so. Or maybe KD has an off shooting night and goes 1-10 like AD did but without ADs defense down low Thomas Robinson goes for 30 and 15 instead of whatever he had that game.

This is just hypothetical nonsense that we could argue a hundred thousand different ways.

everyone has their own opinion and are very unlikely to change it based on a discussion with anonymous people on a message board.

Robinson scored 30 maybe once in his career, vs a low major. He had 18 and 17 in that game. Scored at his average and cleaned up the boards.

Highly unlikely that Durant would have an offensive game like that. He was scoring 30/game down the stretch. And Zion's worst game in college was about 45%. Very doubtful that he has a game like that either.

You replied to me (a Kentucky fan) and said you guys. A UL fan is not one of you guys in that scenario. And one person's post isn't indicative of what most think like you implied.

Oh, now you're letting me know what I meant by "you guys." Appreciate it. 🤣

I was referring to everyone on the other side of the argument. Hell, I think there were more Louisville fans arguing this than Kentucky fans.

Doing the tourney dirty like ‘96 UK and ‘09 Carolina. Are they on that level?
UK 96 team was the best in last 25 years with the 09 Carolina team close behind.
This Gonzaga team has to rank in top 5 of ladt 25 years without a doubt.

Reactions: 829305
Here are the top 25 KenPom teams of all-time (20th season). This Gonzaga team is evidently okay.

Top25-Ken-Pom-All-Time.png
This doesn't speak to me at all. I will let my eye test tell me all I need to know. 2009 Carolina 24th? Lol I will take them over the 2005 team and especially the 2017 team all day.

Oh, now you're letting me know what I meant by "you guys." Appreciate it. 🤣

I was referring to everyone on the other side of the argument. Hell, I think there were more Louisville fans arguing this than Kentucky fans.

There was one poster I guess that said that. You made it seem like there was a bunch. Wasn't even a UK fan.

Zion and Durant swept the awards. Davis didn't.

Damn Davis won every single award but one. He won one (NCAA tournament MOP) that neither guy won which is just as important. Congrats on remembering about the NABC which doesn't really change anything though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There was one poster I guess that said that. You made it seem like there was a bunch. Wasn't even a UK fan.

Damn Davis won every single award but one. He won one (NCAA tournament MOP) that neither guy won which is just as important. Congrats on remembering about the NABC which doesn't really change anything though.

thanks.

Davis cut down nets, zion and Durant didn’t.

So do you think that the best player on the best team is automatically the best player in the country? And is competition the same every year?

Do you disqualify Lebron from the discussion of best player in the league during his Cleveland years?

We get it. All the Kentuckians vote for Davis. Many of the others would take Durant.

So do you think that the best player on the best team is automatically the best player in the country? And is competition the same every year?

Do you disqualify Lebron from the discussion of best player in the league during his Cleveland years?

We get it. All the Kentuckians vote for Davis. Many of the others would take Durant.

We get it, all the big 12 honks voted for Durant. Many of the others would pick Davis.

We get it, all the big 12 honks voted for Durant. Many of the others would pick Davis.

Ha....you think I care that Durant played for Texas?

Multiple ACC fans weighed in and picked Durant. Unfortunately we can't see the voters in that poll. I'm pretty sure about 90% of the Davis voters were Kentucky fans.

ADVERTISEMENT