ADVERTISEMENT

How confident are you all that your team can win it all?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
It's up for grabs. No defending champs. Transfer rules have been thrown out the door. No home,or very small home court advantage.

If the team in Shaka's mind exist in reality I think we have a chance.

I think the second unit could be a NCAA team this year
Kai Jones
Gerald Liddell
Royce Hamm
Donovan Williams
Jase Febres

The man is pretty confident with all the shit going on around him. From what I have been hearing he has good reason to be.

So I say we have a decent chance. Especially if we can get through the Big 12 and the non Conference.
Pretty much playing all the top teams in CBB during the season

I think our shooting will be significantly improved from last year and our defense will still be top 10 but not the best like it was last years. I’ll honestly take that statistical trade if it does happen.

I’m confident we will be a top 5 team and have as good of a chance as anyone just like last year.

I do think it will take this team a little bit of time to gel because we do a have some new faces and guys stepping into néw roles.

Yes we lose Dok but David McCormack is going to average more points and still be very efficient. We will lose a little bit defensively from Dok to David. Once David settled in he will be a top 5 front court player. He can ball.

The thing I like about this Ku team is they are full of blue collar guys. It isn’t a bunch of guys who have their sights set on the NBA after this season. They are all the type of kids who will buy into what bill self wants and feel they have a lot to prove. Those are the type of teams that Bill Self has the most success with.

Gonzaga is going to be a very tough game for us out the gate but after a few games you will see the light go on.

This is the sort of team Roy excels with positionally. However, not in terms of the age breakdown really. So we will see which one is more important. Their ACC schedule is tough this year though so not sure how that will impact win/loss and seeding.

I think our shooting will be significantly improved from last year and our defense will still be top 10 but not the best like it was last years. I’ll honestly take that statistical trade if it does happen.

I’m confident we will be a top 5 team and have as good of a chance as anyone just like last year.

I do think it will take this team a little bit of time to gel because we do a have some new faces and guys stepping into néw roles.

Yes we lose Dok but David McCormack is going to average more points and still be very efficient. We will lose a little bit defensively from Dok to David. Once David settled in he will be a top 5 front court player. He can ball.

The thing I like about this Ku team is they are full of blue collar guys. It isn’t a bunch of guys who have their sights set on the NBA after this season. They are all the type of kids who will buy into what bill self wants and feel they have a lot to prove. Those are the type of teams that Bill Self has the most success with.

Gonzaga is going to be a very tough game for us out the gate but after a few games you will see the light go on.

I'm optimistic, but I see potential for a mediocre year too. Lots of unproven players. Will McCormack score consistently? Can he defend with discipline? Can Agbaji shoot more consistently? Is Thompson ready to make a big impact at this level?

It's a weird situation where you have about 8 players with potential to be stars but no guaranteed stars.

Very confident. This is Beard's deepest, most talented team. So much potential, so much depth, so much talent. You know we're going to defend and we have several more options on the offensive end compared to last year. November 25th cant get here soon enough.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Gonzaga just had their Kraziness in the Kennel scrimmage. Got to watch a 16 minute team scrimmage. After watching, I am very confident. I don't think there is a better trio out there than Timme, Kispert, and Jalen Suggs. WOW

I have about a 75/25% certainty of us winning it all.

Wait a minute? Where am I . . .?

Not confident, but I’m confident that the season have weird hiccups with Covid.

Reactions: KisteK
I'm optimistic, but I see potential for a mediocre year too. Lots of unproven players. Will McCormack score consistently? Can he defend with discipline? Can Agbaji shoot more consistently? Is Thompson ready to make a big impact at this level?

It's a weird situation where you have about 8 players with potential to be stars but no guaranteed stars.
when did you change your name?

I don't much about Kentucky or Duke

But I do know Kansas has a big piece to replace. Had an article about Big 12 coaches speaking their mind anonymously and one said they thought Azubuike was the most unguardable player he ever saw in college

Reactions: KisteK
I don't much about Kentucky or Duke

But I do know Kansas has a big piece to replace. Had an article about Big 12 coaches speaking their mind anonymously and one said they thought Azubuike was the most unguardable player he ever saw in college

Have to be cautiously optimistic when you lose your top two players (by far).

I’m still mad about the tourney being cancelled. I think Self would have won #2. That team could absolutely lock down defensively when needed. I think they held WV scoreless for the last 10 minutes in Morgantown.

I do think this team will shoot better than last year and will have good depth. The player I’ve been worried about is McCormack, but Self’s been raving about him. He expects a big year for him.

Have to be cautiously optimistic when you lose your top two players (by far).

I’m still mad about the tourney being cancelled. I think Self would have won #2. That team could absolutely lock down defensively when needed. I think they held WV scoreless for the last 10 minutes in Morgantown.

I do think this team will shoot better than last year and will have good depth. The player I’ve been worried about is McCormack, but Self’s been raving about him. He expects a big year for him.

Some of you are ready to see basketball.
Probably why they postponed the football game this weekend so KU can say they will see their basketball team play before their football team.

In my mind just as long as you have Marcus Garrett you will be a great defensive team.
The question becomes can you create separation on the other side.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I have never been confident about WVU Huggins team winning one until now. We have so much size and depth that it's rediculous. The 2 big guys finna eat but Miles Mcbride will become the star.

Just curious, is KU better than UK in any sport?

I'm even will to compare rifle and cheerleading.

Besides basketball over the last 4 decades? I don't know. Maybe football?

Holy shit, I found a team with fewer wins and conference titles than KU football....

Reactions: jjrussell
Despite the Antoine injury (not sure when he is back)... I like our chances. Deep, deep team.

I’m confident we make the elite eight but that’s about it. I think we have the talent and a star or two. We have tall, long athletes. If we can shoot decently, we have as good a shot as anyone.

Besides basketball over the last 4 decades? I don't know. Maybe football?

Holy shit, I found a team with fewer wins and conference titles than KU football....

Kentucky has a pretty good women's volleyball team.
They had a decent track program but Texas took their coach. Don't know if it is still up there.

Their entire athletic program has taken a step up across the board recently.
So there is some respect there for Kentucky

But....
Think Jeff Goodman has them triggered

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT