ADVERTISEMENT

Holy heat

we recently had our whole asphalt repaved. It's insanely hot to even walk on it. Our car tires are leaving rubber mark w/o doing burnouts.

What’s the winter like in TX?
In Midland an average day is probably 60/30. So it’s really not that bad at all. When you get used to weather like this it’ll make a 45 degree cloudy and windy day feel like you’re in the Arctic. Haha. It snows maybe 3 days a year. I’ve only seen snow stick until the next day once since I’ve lived here.

I like the weather in the Midwest more than I like it here. Fall is easily my favorite season. We go from 80-90 degree days to winter in only a few weeks during November. It’s weird and sucks.

What the hell? I thought you shat on the Midwest

111 today. Drinking cold beers in the pool. The pavers and walkways are like the surface of the sun.

90 in Memphis but it only feels like 106. That's what the weather says anyway, I wouldn't know due to being inside.

You’ve never visited California or Oregon have you..

You just told me you need to drive two hours to ski. I like having a couple months of winter each year to do winter stuff. When I was a kid we’d go sledding all the time and be within walking distance of some sweet hills. I can’t imagine raising my kids somewhere where they can’t build snowmen, ski, sled, etc.

It’s fine if that’s the climate you prefer but to think that everyone would prefer it is silly.

You just told me you need to drive two hours to ski. I like having a couple months of winter each year to do winter stuff. When I was a kid we’d go sledding all the time and be within walking distance of some sweet hills. I can’t imagine raising my kids somewhere where they can’t build snowmen, ski, sled, etc.

It’s fine if that’s the climate you prefer but to think that everyone would prefer it is silly.
An hour and half to two hours is nothing but okay lol. I can’t imagine going outside in the 100 degree heat and having to deal with shit tons of snow that hamper everyday activities such as going to work. Sounds miserable. Lol at the building the snowman thing wtf Laughing

Most times I love it when it is 100 degrees in Wilmington. 15 minutes to Wrightsville Beach and the temperature is typically in the 80's. It is well into the 90's today and the water temperature is 87. Would still take this over 40 any day. Sorry hail, I like one season, Summer.

Reactions: toonces11
Most times I love it when it is 100 degrees in Wilmington. 15 minutes to Wrightsville Beach and the temperature is typically in the 80's. It is well into the 90's today and the water temperature is 87. Would still take this over 40 any day. Sorry hail, I like one season, Summer.
That’s awesome your so close to the beach. I do prefer Atlantic Ocean water to Pacific. Way warmer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
An hour and half to two hours is nothing but okay lol. I can’t imagine going outside in the 100 degree heat and having to deal with shit tons of snow that hamper everyday activities such as going to work. Sounds miserable. Lol at the building the snowman thing wtf Laughing

It’s a heck of a lot more than 10 minutes. Not to mention all of the other winter activities you lose out on by living two hours away from snow.

It’s a heck of a lot more than 10 minutes. Not to mention all of the other winter activities you lose out on by living two hours away from snow.
Never really cared for snow unless I’m snowboarding. Other than that, me no likey. It’s inconvenient for everyday life things.

Reactions: SNU0821
Never really cared for snow unless I’m snowboarding. Other than that, me no likey. It’s inconvenient for everyday life things.

That’s fine. I loved getting my snow gear on and going sledding growing up. “Granny’s Hill” was legendary. Stone Hill Road, too. 20 people racing down a road in sleds then all hop into the back of a couple trucks and do it again. Great times.

That’s fine. I loved getting my snow gear on and going sledding growing up. “Granny’s Hill” was legendary. Stone Hill Road, too. 20 people racing down a road in sleds then all hop into the back of a couple trucks and do it again. Great times.
Actually sounds like a blast.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT