ADVERTISEMENT

Hey B1G fans, are you

Are you cheering for Michigan at the CWS?

• Yes, go Big Ten.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, I’m a cuck.

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
What happened in that Auburn game?

Something, something, refs.

GettyImages-1140881609.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy
What happened in that Auburn game?

Auburn up 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Two outs runner on 2nd. Routine ground ball the third baseman. He fields it and the runner from second jogs in front of him. Rather than tagging the running he waits for the runner to clear by triple clutching his throw and then air mails it over the 1st baseman’s head.

Miss St. then scores 3 more runs on a an intentional walk, two infield hits, and a sac fly.

Auburn up 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Two outs runner on 2nd. Routine ground ball the third baseman. He fields it and the runner from second jogs in front of him. Rather than tagging the running he waits for the runner to clear by triple clutching his throw and then air mails it over the 1st baseman’s head.

Miss St. then scores 3 more runs on a an intentional walk, two infield hits, and a sac fly.

Yeah I watched that shitshow.

I meant the Auburn basketball game.

I was just poking the bear.

You never tag the runner going to third with 2 outs. You get the out at first. Baseball 101.

Just don’t fvck up the throw.

No, you tag that runner if he is literally jogging right in front of you and obstructing your throw. Game over.

You’re 100% wrong. Ask any coach from high school ball and up and they will agree with me.

Look dude, you didn't watch the game. The chance for an error was zero, if he steps up 2 feet and tags the runner. No throw, no chance for an error. It's about not being in a situaton to make an error. He fielded it clean. He had an easy tag

The fact that he made the throw, made an error, and they lost, makes me right

The fact that he made the throw, made an error, and they lost, makes me right

Don’t be results oriented. If I call an all in with pocket aces and get sucked out on and lose, does that mean I made the wrong play?

Don’t be results oriented. If I call an all in with pocket aces and get sucked out on and lose, does that mean I made the wrong play?

It most instances, you make the routine play. But he had the tag, right there. There are exceptions to the rule

It most instances, you make the routine play. But he had the tag, right there. There are exceptions to the rule

That’s fine. But you said that you’re right because the player made an error.

If you have a QB on the 2 yard line ready to run in, but a WR is open in the back of the end zone, do you risk the throw? No, because of where you are with the ball. Higher % to make the play

Lol. If dude makes a routine play, no one’s even talking about whether he should have tagged the base runner.

But he didn't. He made a wild throw in a situation where the higher % of success and no error was tagging.

Jesus what a trash analogy that’s a different sport.

Look numb nuts, its about making a play with a low % for error.

Going to the shit bag Baltimore games, doesnt make you smart.

They lost, I am right

baseball really needs a pitch clock. It's entirely too long between pitches.

Does the guy really need to adjust everything from his crotch to his hat between pitches?

Same thing. Find a play on YouTube where you see a third baseman make the tag instead of throwing to first.

His initial play should have been to first. After he hesitated he has three options:

1) Throw it through the runner
2) Wait for the runner to clear and throw it
3) Turn and tag the runner

1) Physics doesn’t allow
2) Is risky because of how much time you’re giving up on the play
3) Is the correct play

Reactions: hawkit3113
His initial play should have been to first. After he hesitated he has three options:

1) Throw it through the runner
2) Wait for the runner to clear and throw it
3) Turn and tag the runner

1) Physics doesn’t allow
2) Is risky because of how much time you’re giving up on the play
3) Is the correct play

That’s not a video. That’s you trying to explain your wrong take. Show me where you’ve seen somebody tag the runner.

That’s not a video. That’s you trying to explain your wrong take. Show me where you’ve seen somebody tag the runner.

Show me a video where the runner lazily runs in front of the third baseman and the third baseman let’s him jog by before throwing to first.

ADVERTISEMENT