ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ACC Fans and more specifically UNC fans

Man, screw you guys and your two one-possession wins over teams with losing records lol

We dropped like 8 spots in Kenpom if that’s any consolation lol. Don’t worry, we’re not winning out the way we’re playing.

At 19-8, I feel like Duke has overactived. Not based on preseason rankings that don't mean anything. But based on how bad Duke can be. Don't have a whole lot of expectations, but a sweet 16 would be a successful season for this particular Duke team. IMO. Not a prediction, btw.

Reactions: jhmossy
At 19-8, I feel like Duke has overactived. Not based on preseason rankings that don't mean anything. But based on how bad Duke can be. Don't have a whole lot of expectations, but a sweet 16 would be a successful season for this particular Duke team. IMO. Not a prediction, btw.

The ACC seems so bad and down that I think a Sweet 16 would be successful for any ACC team this year. Maybe I’ll be surprised again like last year but definitely not predicting it.

Reactions: GhostOf301
You can tell NC State hasn't won anything meaningful in a really long time by the way they're acting. It's kinda sad and pathetic to be honest but hilarious because it's happening against UNC

You can tell NC State hasn't won anything meaningful in a really long time by the way they're acting. It's kinda sad and pathetic to be honest but hilarious because it's happening against UNC
No problem admitting I was completely wrong on having UNC not left for day tourney wise - they seem done.

Have to win out. The tough ones are at home, so there’s a chance. But gotdamn this team looks dead.

their "sets" are awful

They look so much different than last March. Did Manek make that much of a difference with his spacing? I know it’s only a small sample size because I’ve only watched a small handful of their games.

Love has no idea how to run the offense unless he’s going 1v1. Every time he has to reset it he’s slowing them down considerably because he’s not sure what to run.

RJ Davis isn’t aggressive enough which is nuts with his ability to shoot from midrange and 3.

Leaky Black is afraid to shoot the ball.

Seems they’re trying to turn Nance into Manek but the guy just isn’t him. He’s a low IQ player.

Bacot is awesome but as a big he’s limited in what all he can do.

Can’t believe in 1.5 years Davis hasn’t developed anyone beyond the starters.

Reactions: TKBray
They look so much different than last March. Did Manek make that much of a difference with his spacing? I know it’s only a small sample size because I’ve only watched a small handful of their games.

Love has no idea how to run the offense unless he’s going 1v1. Every time he has to reset it he’s slowing them down considerably because he’s not sure what to run.

RJ Davis isn’t aggressive enough which is nuts with his ability to shoot from midrange and 3.

Seems they’re trying to turn Nance into Manek but the guy just isn’t him. He’s a low IQ player.

It really is pretty crazy

That was my initial reaction as well. I know Manek was a good player, undervalued and probably did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet, but still. How can they look this much different without him?

Was Nance considered a big addition when he decided to go to UNC? He gives them almost nothing. I think out of all the times I've watched UNC this season, I can only remember like one game that he actually played well a made a real difference. I swear against Miami last Monday he looked so hesitant to do anything everytime he touched the ball. Like you could literally see him receive a pass and stop and have to think about what to do with it. Puff Johnson hasn't improved like they probably hoped he would in his second year.

Their game at home vs UVA on Saturday is much more of a 'must-win' than today's game was imo. There can't be many preseason #1's that have missed the tournament. I'm still not totally writing them off from going on a 3-4 day run of good basketball and winning what will be a pretty wide open ACC tourney. But they're certainly putting themselves in a tough position to do that.

It really is pretty crazy

That was my initial reaction as well. I know Manek was a good player, undervalued and probably did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stat sheet, but still. How can they look this much different without him?

Was Nance considered a big addition when he decided to go to UNC? He gives them almost nothing. I think out of all the times I've watched UNC this season, I can only remember like one game that he actually played well a made a real difference. I swear against Miami last Monday he looked so hesitant to do anything everytime he touched the ball. Like you could literally see him receive a pass and stop and have to think about what to do with it. Puff Johnson hasn't improved like they probably hoped he would in his second year.

Their game at home vs UVA on Saturday is much more of a 'must-win' than today's game was imo. There can't be many preseason #1's that have missed the tournament. I'm still not totally writing them off from going on a 3-4 day run of good basketball and winning what will be a pretty wide open ACC tourney. But they're certainly putting themselves in a tough position to do that.

You're telling me that the UNC game vs. UVA in Chapel Hill is a must win game for UNC to make the tourney? I fully expect the game to be called fairly and evenly.

Pitt wins 20 games in a season for the first time since 2016!

This means that the Kevin Stalling era (error) officially set the program back seven seasons.

Let’s see how many more these guys can win before it’s over.

The ACC seems so bad and down that I think a Sweet 16 would be successful for any ACC team this year. Maybe I’ll be surprised again like last year but definitely not predicting it.

If you like Baylor's chances to make the Elite 8/Final Four, then you should also like Miami's. Defense is fairly soft for both - while the backcourts are exceptionally strong. If the guards get going, they'll be tough to stop.

Reactions: TKBray and jhmossy

UNC was an average/okay team last year for November, December, January, and February. They were really good in March.

UNC has been average/okay this year in November, December, January, and February.

Maybe they're just an average/okay team that caught fire for one month. 8 out 9 months is pretty telling.

You could make the argument that UNC has just lost a lot of close games, which is true. They're KenPom luck rating is 340th. Are they a top 40 team? I think you could make that argument, sure. But, they're clearly nowhere near their preseason expectations. If they do make the tournament, it's really hard to imagine them going on a run again.

If you like Baylor's chances to make the Elite 8/Final Four, then you should also like Miami's. Defense is fairly soft for both - while the backcourts are exceptionally strong. If the guards get going, they'll be tough to stop.

I liked Baylor earlier in the year but their defense is substantially worse than previous years. They have limited rim protection and small guards who have difficulty keeping guys in front of them. They don't have guys like Mitchell and Teague who were very good defensively. Their guards are elite offensively but I'm not sure that's enough with the limitations elsewhere. I have the same qualms about Miami. I would not be surprised if they make the Elite 8 but I don't see either team cutting down the nets this year.

I liked Baylor earlier in the year but their defense is substantially worse than previous years. They have limited rim protection and small guards who have difficulty keeping guys in front of them. They don't have guys like Mitchell and Teague who were very good defensively. Their guards are elite offensively but I'm not sure that's enough with the limitations elsewhere. I have the same qualms about Miami. I would not be surprised if they make the Elite 8 but I don't see either team cutting down the nets this year.

It’s hard to trust teams that are elite in one aspect and not in the other. You have to at least be decent in one and great in the other or good in both. You can go through Kenpom/Torvik and eliminate just about any team with an offensive or defensive rating above 30 to have a chance at winning the title when you go to fill out your bracket.

It’s hard to trust teams that are elite in one aspect and not in the other. You have to at least be decent in one and great in the other or good in both. You can go through Kenpom/Torvik and eliminate just about any team with an offensive or defensive rating above 30 to have a chance at winning the title when you go to fill out your bracket.

There are certainly limitations with both Baylor/Miami. But, Miami didn't have a top 100 defense last year, either.

Not expecting Miami or Baylor to win 6, but think their elite offense could carry them to a regional final/Final Four.

There are certainly limitations with both Baylor/Miami. But, Miami didn't have a top 100 defense last year, either.

Not expecting Miami or Baylor to win 6, but think their elite offense could carry them to a regional final/Final Four.

Anyone can make a run even to F4. Would you bet money on it? No not with that defense. But anyone can. To win the title though you can almost almost pick from a select 6-8 teams that fit the profile to win it all in the end.

I would not be shocked if they make Elite 8 or Final Four. Just don't see them winning 6 unless bracket opens up for them. They are my favorite squad to watch in the ACC besides UVA (and honestly I like watching them more lol) so I'm rooting for them.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I legit feel like we’re going to lose tonight at BC. If we manage to escape, we’ll likely lose at UNC on Saturday. Definitely do not see a 2-0 week for UVA, which should make Miami and Pitt fans happy.

Reactions: PA_Panther
I legit feel like we’re going to lose tonight at BC. If we manage to escape, we’ll likely lose at UNC on Saturday. Definitely do not see a 2-0 week for UVA, which should make Miami and Pitt fans happy.

oh-my-god-its-happening.gif

Idk what’s going on but it’s like we forgot how to play basketball lol. I don’t worry too much about regular season games but this is not a good omen for the postseason.

Blown out by BC. Definitely right where you wanna be heading into March lol

As elite of a coach as Tony Bennett is, I'd venture to say he probably saw this loss coming. Not by that margin though.

What do you think the line will be at UNC on Saturday 😑

As elite of a coach as Tony Bennett is, I'd venture to say he probably saw this loss coming. Not by that margin though.

What do you think the line will be at UNC on Saturday 😑

Idk but no way I’m putting $$$ on UVA. Granted, I’m not putting $$$ on UNC either. They might actually look worse than us tonight against a worse team

UNC will be a mid major team before they realize how bad they screwed up. But hey, as long as everyone knows each other it's all good.

1000 percent the student section throws shit at Boeheim Saturday… things are gonna get wild at the Pete Saturday

I thought Clemson was fading but maybe not. 96-71 over NC State in Raleigh 😯

I didn't get to watch, just saw the final score. That's impressive

ADVERTISEMENT