ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ACC Fans and more specifically UNC fans

We move into first place if we win and UNC loses, correct?

yep-yup.gif

We move into first place if we win and UNC loses, correct?

Yes

I don't know what the tie-breaker would be if Miami beats Pitt next Saturday since that would put both teams at 15-5 in the ACC and split the two head to head games(assuming Pitt beats ND on Wednesday).

Although I'm not very confident in Miami winning that game after how they played today. Especially if Nijel Pack doesn't play, he was out today with a leg injury.

Yes

I don't know what the tie-breaker would be if Miami beats Pitt next Saturday since that would put both teams at 15-5 in the ACC and split the two head to head games(assuming Pitt beats ND on Wednesday).

Although I'm not very confident in Miami winning that game after how they played today. Especially if Nijel Pack doesn't play, he was out today with a leg injury.

Assuming it's a 2-way tie for 1st, first tiebreaker is H2H. If that's even, next tiebreaker is record against next highest team in standings and so on.

Highest rated ACC team in Kenpom now is Duke at 35. This league is not good.

Assuming it's a 2-way tie for 1st, first tiebreaker is H2H. If that's even, next tiebreaker is record against next highest team in standings and so on.

Highest rated ACC team in Kenpom now is Duke at 35. This league is not good.

Gotcha. Let the madness ensue. When I posted that, I didn't realize Clemson could finish 15-5 if they win out. So there's still a lot that could happen in the last 7 days of the regular season.

Agree that the conf isn't good. Was starting to feel really good about Miami being the flagbearer of the league with the winning streak they were on and helping to raise the national opinion of the ACC but all that went up in smoke on freaking running 30 foot shot at the buzzer 🤦🏾‍♂️.

Reactions: jhmossy
Gotcha. Let the madness ensue. When I posted that, I didn't realize Clemson could finish 15-5 if they win out. So there's still a lot that could happen in the last 7 days of the regular season.

Agree that the conf isn't good. Was starting to feel really good about Miami being the flagbearer of the league with the winning streak they were on and helping to raise the national opinion of the ACC but all that went up in smoke on freaking running 30 foot shot at the buzzer 🤦🏾‍♂️.

UVA can also finish 15-5 if we win out. Both Clemson and UVA can’t finish 15-5 though since we play each other on Tuesday. A 3 way tie between Miami, Pitt and UVA is no good for UVA though. We’re probably finishing 3rd at best now but a share of the regular season would be cool I guess.

UVA can also finish 15-5 if we win out. Both Clemson and UVA can’t finish 15-5 though since we play each other on Tuesday. A 3 way tie between Miami, Pitt and UVA is no good for UVA though. We’re probably finishing 3rd at best now but a share of the regular season would be cool I guess.

Oh dang, yeah I didn't consider UVA finishing at 15-5 too. That's something else to think about. I guess it's not possible for UVA to finish first though, right? With head to head losses to Miami & Pitt, UVA would need both of them to finish with 6 losses in conf and that's not possible.

Clemson-UVA in a few days will be interesting though for sure. Idk what to expect in that one. Funny how things can change from day to day. Clemson loses 4 out of 5, including a loss to BC and by 10 to Louisville, would think there's no way they win in Charlottesville coming up. But the way they looked playing NC State today, that's quite possibly the single-best performance in the ACC this season. Combined with UVA's major struggles in their last 5 or so games and this game is much more up in the air.

Idk what to expect between Miami-Pitt on Saturday either. The earlier matchup came down to the very last second. Does Pitt overlook Notre Dame on Wednesday? That won't be a gimme in South Bend on Wednesday in Mike Bray's last game there. Does Miami regroup after a terrible loss to their rival? Does Nijel Pack play and how healthy is he? Miami doesn't have a game before Pitt so they get a week off. Is that a good thing or not?

Reactions: jhmossy
Oh dang, yeah I didn't consider UVA finishing at 15-5 too. That's something else to think about. I guess it's not possible for UVA to finish first though, right? With head to head losses to Miami & Pitt, UVA would need both of them to finish with 6 losses in conf and that's not possible.

Clemson-UVA in a few days will be interesting though for sure. Idk what to expect in that one. Funny how things can change from day to day. Clemson loses 4 out of 5, including a loss to BC and by 10 to Louisville, would think there's no way they win in Charlottesville coming up. But the way they looked playing NC State today, that's quite possibly the single-best performance in the ACC this season. Combined with UVA's major struggles in their last 5 or so games and this game is much more up in the air.

Idk what to expect between Miami-Pitt on Saturday either. The earlier matchup came down to the very last second. Does Pitt overlook Notre Dame on Wednesday? That won't be a gimme in South Bend on Wednesday in Mike Bray's last game there. Does Miami regroup after a terrible loss to their rival? Does Nijel Pack play and how healthy is he? Miami doesn't have a game before Pitt so they get a week off. Is that a good thing or not?

Yeah, we can’t get the 1 seed anymore. This site is pretty cool for tourney standings

http://playoffstatus.com/accbasketball/accstandings.html

So we're going to have a de facto ACC regular season championship game on Saturday with both teams coming off really bad losses versus teams with losing records, ugh.

Such a good look for the ACC 🤦🏾‍♂️ lol

Reactions: HailToPitt725
So we're going to have a de facto ACC regular season championship game on Saturday with both teams coming off really bad losses versus teams with losing records, ugh.

Such a good look for the ACC 🤦🏾‍♂️ lol

You have a de facto #1 seed in ACC tournament game on Saturday. If UVA beats Louisville, they have a share of the regular season championship. They'll just be the 2 seed but they'd still co-regular season champs.

Duke is only one game out of the lead for first place. Obviously we can't catch up, as Pitt and Miami can't both lose. And UVA should win. But, it sort of feels like we've turned the corner into being a somewhat respectable team.

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy
Duke is only one game out of the lead for first place. Obviously we can't catch up, as Pitt and Miami can't both lose. And UVA should win. But, it sort of feels like we've turned the corner into being a somewhat respectable team.

I almost made a post about Duke and how they're playing. They've certainly improved. I think they have as good of a chance as any team to win the ACC tournament. Winning at UNC would really make a statement imo.

I think it’s fair to say that Duke is probably playing the best ball in the ACC right now. Glad you’ll be on the other side of the ACCT bracket as UVA.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Do you not expect Filipowski to leave after this season?

Oh wait, nvm. I get what you meant 🤦🏾‍♂️
He’s definitely gone. It’s just so difficult for him to finish in traffic. I’d love to see him back to see the full potential, but such is life

Reactions: TKBray
Top half of the bracket very well may have the 3 best teams in the ACC. Miami, Duke, and Pitt. Feel bad for Pitt. They were one bucket away from getting the 1 seed.

I think it’s fair to say that Duke is probably playing the best ball in the ACC right now. Glad you’ll be on the other side of the ACCT bracket as UVA.

It feels kind of weird to have a 6-game winning streak. Previously, our longest win streak was 4 games. I was so used to losing at least every other week.

I probably need to temper my expectations, but I do think it's conceivable to make a Sweet 16 run now.

I can’t believe the refs in the Miami Pitt game counted Burton’s shot as a 3 and never reviewed it. Could you imagine if Hinson would have hit that shot at the buzzer for the “win”?

I can’t believe the refs in the Miami Pitt game counted Burton’s shot as a 3 and never reviewed it. Could you imagine if Hinson would have hit that shot at the buzzer for the “win”?

Who you telling, smh.

And the fact that there was a timeout taken right after that shot went in anyway so there was time for either Miami coaches to ask for a review or the officials to take a look at it anyway like they should have just to be sure.

Definitely would've been a huge mess if Hinson had hit that shot. Swear I would've been sick if he had made it and it was so damn close to going in. After watching Cleveland hit the GW seven days before and almost losing in the same fashion, from literally almost the exact same spot on the floor, watching that ball through the air after he shot it had me like 😦😦😦. Miami had a complete meltdown in the basically give it away in the last 2 minutes of the game earlier at Pitt and almost did it again yesterday in the last minute of the game.

ACC seeds (preseason predictions)

1. Miami (4)
2. UVA (3)
3. Clemson (11)
4. Duke (2)
5. Pitt (14)
6. NC State (10)
7. UNC (1)
8. Cuse (8)
9. WF (9)
10. BC (13)
11. VT (7)
12. FSU (5)
13. GT (15)
14. ND (6)
15. UL (12)

Reactions: TKBray
Predictions for All-ACC teams and awards?

It's about as hard to say as trying to pick what team will win the ACC tournament

Reactions: PA_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT