ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ACC Fans and more specifically UNC fans

PA_Panther

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
We back Motherfückers. We just curb stopped UNC despite the refs giving them every single call. I haven’t seen a screw job attempted that bad since this.

pass-interference.gif

If the refs call anything close to a fair game, this is an 15 point blowout. Is your coach back to blowing the stripes before games?! Anyway back to what matters. Pitt is 3-0 in this conference with two road wins.

Next up, Virginia. Easy, 69-58 victory for the panthers.

I’m cool with Bennett losing to Pitt if it means Capel keeps his job longer. Bennett does the same thing with Kevin Keatts. Those guys aren’t ever going to win anything meaningful so might as well let them have a few regular season wins every now and then so they keep their jobs. It’s strategic coaching.

that game already happened today? It's not even 2:00pm. And I see the ACC has another game going on right now.

This is all the proof we need to show that ACC grads don't have jobs.

I didn't watch the game as I was on the golf course but I'm pretty sure from some of the awful calls I've seen posted on Twitter the Pitt guy is just trolling with the ref stuff. Everyone gets home cooking, though that charge call on Leaky may be the worst call of the year. I bet even Borden would say that ref should probably be fired. Heck, the announcers immediately called the four correctly and the Pitt player put his hand up to signal he committed the foul. Was the official deterred? Nope, he was going to make sure Pitt was only called for two fouls in the entire half and he succeeded. However, I have zero doubt the officials had no impact on why this game was won or lost. UNC has to learn how to defend and the coaching staff has to either learn how to teach defense or at least put good defenders on the guy who can't miss.

Anyway, good win for Pitt. It's embarrassing for UNC and Hubert they can't beat such a crappy coach and program but that's where we are right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I mean, it's good that it's newsworthy. If it wasn't we would be NC State.

• Haha
Reactions: della
Grats on 4 acc wins. Is that the most acc wins you guys have managed since Jamie Dixon was coaching?

This is a funny thread. Y'all all contributed. Thanks.

Grats on 4 acc wins. Is that the most acc wins you guys have managed since Jamie Dixon was coaching?
Close; we won six the past two seasons. Really wish we had beaten Vandy in that one-point loss, might’ve had a good chance to be ranked next week.

Close; we won six the past two seasons. Really wish we had beaten Vandy in that one-point loss, might’ve had a good chance to be ranked next week.
I wouldn't be mad losing to my hometown team if they didn't basically crap the bed ooc. Otherwise, it would have been a solid loss rankings wise. Doesn't help to stink it up ooc then turn it on in conference for the conference strength.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Louisville has owned Pittsburgh in all sports, we’ll get ‘em again with our rag tag team.

I wouldn't be mad losing to my hometown team if they didn't basically crap the bed ooc. Otherwise, it would have been a solid loss rankings wise. Doesn't help to stink it up ooc then turn it on in conference for the conference strength.
And that’s what makes this run so surprising. We started out 1-3 and it looked like the last three or so years in that regard. I think it took a couple games for our new roster to mesh together.

I've watched Pitt a few times lately. I don't think the way they are playing is flukey. They will struggle on the road some like all teams IMO but they can beat anyone at their place. Perception will always hurt them being Pitt and also they did get hammered a couple of times early in the year.

Reactions: PA_Panther
I've watched Pitt a few times lately. I don't think the way they are playing is flukey. They will struggle on the road some like all teams IMO but they can beat anyone at their place. Perception will always hurt them being Pitt and also they did get hammered a couple of times early in the year.
Early on was really bad against Michigan and WVU. I was ready to throw in the towel and start picking out the next coach. Then magically, they started playing cohesively as a team, moving the ball and playing much better defense.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but their ability to hit threes, create off the dribble and have a big man who can can actually catch passes and dunk the ball... I expect this to continue. It was huge winning those first two games on the road in conference.

They got to find a way to win tomorrow before they hit a three-game road stretch of Duke, GT and Loserville

Early on was really bad against Michigan and WVU. I was ready to throw in the towel and start picking out the next coach. Then magically, they started playing cohesively as a team, moving the ball and playing much better defense.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but their ability to hit threes, create off the dribble and have a big man who can can actually catch passes and dunk the ball... I expect this to continue. It was huge winning those first two games on the road in conference.

They got to find a way to win tomorrow before they hit a three-game road stretch of Duke, GT and Loserville
Tough loss today. Wasn’t able to close out against Clemson and sustain their second one-point loss of the season. I’m hoping we can go 2-1 on the road trip.

Looking forward to the Pitt-Duke game tonight in Cameron, will be a good test for both teams.

Reactions: AWilli6995
We back Motherfückers. We just curb stopped UNC despite the refs giving them every single call. I haven’t seen a screw job attempted that bad since this.

pass-interference.gif

If the refs call anything close to a fair game, this is an 15 point blowout. Is your coach back to blowing the stripes before games?! Anyway back to what matters. Pitt is 3-0 in this conference with two road wins.

Next up, Virginia. Easy, 69-58 victory for the panthers.
If beating this UNc team means that “your back” your team must be pretty horrible!😂

I didn't watch the game as I was on the golf course but I'm pretty sure from some of the awful calls I've seen posted on Twitter the Pitt guy is just trolling with the ref stuff. Everyone gets home cooking, though that charge call on Leaky may be the worst call of the year. I bet even Borden would say that ref should probably be fired. Heck, the announcers immediately called the four correctly and the Pitt player put his hand up to signal he committed the foul. Was the official deterred? Nope, he was going to make sure Pitt was only called for two fouls in the entire half and he succeeded. However, I have zero doubt the officials had no impact on why this game was won or lost. UNC has to learn how to defend and the coaching staff has to either learn how to teach defense or at least put good defenders on the guy who can't miss.

Anyway, good win for Pitt. It's embarrassing for UNC and Hubert they can't beat such a crappy coach and program but that's where we are right now.
Playing golf? Night golf???

@PA_Panther Was losing Dior Johnson a blessing in disguise, in your opinion? I'd worry how the chemistry might have worked with Dior running the show. Maybe the Hugley injury was even a blessing? Federiko has had several impressive games in the past month.

Any possibility of Dior Johnson returning next year?

@PA_Panther Was losing Dior Johnson a blessing in disguise, in your opinion? I'd worry how the chemistry might have worked with Dior running the show. Maybe the Hugley injury was even a blessing? Federiko has had several impressive games in the past month.

Any possibility of Dior Johnson returning next year?
I don’t think it was a blessing in disguise at all. They are still very thin at guard after Burton and Cummings. I think he would have been a perfect depth guy to play a few mins a game and get his feet wet.

The Hugley injury seems like a blessing as Federiko has been very good but again no depth. Plying two twin Spaniards that are rail thin right now but have great potential. Hugs will be back next year as he’s dealing with some other stuff that has been weighting on him.

I think Dior is back next year and Capel has a great class to join him. I can’t believe I’m actually excited still in January and dare I say look forward to next year.

Wait until you watch Hinson tonight. He should be POY in the ACC. He’s got a lot of Melo in his game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don’t think it was a blessing in disguise at all. They are still very thin at guard after Burton and Cummings. I think he would have been a perfect depth guy to play a few mins a game and get his feet wet.

The Hugley injury seems like a blessing as Federiko has been very good but again no depth. Plying two twin Spaniards that are rail thin right now but have great potential. Hugs will be back next year as he’s dealing with some other stuff that has been weighting on him.

I think Dior is back next year and Capel has a great class to join him. I can’t believe I’m actually excited still in January and dare I say look forward to next year.

Wait until you watch Hinson tonight. He should be POY in the ACC. He’s got a lot of Melo in his game.

It's nice to have a competitive Pitt team again. Thought you guys might have had a decent team a few years ago with Champagnie-XJ-Trey-Aud'Diese. But, there were clearly chemistry issues there... Depth is always a nice luxury. Hopefully Hugley and Dior will be back for another season.

Hinson is certainly in the conversation for ACC POY. I'd have him among my way too early 1st Team selections. But, I'd probably side with Armando Bacot, Tyree Appleby, or Isaiah Wong for ACC POY. Obviously still a lot of games to be played to determine who'll merit that award.

Reactions: TKBray
ADVERTISEMENT