ADVERTISEMENT

Helms Titles

Glad you all can laugh about it.”

pri_64609199-e1515260781392.jpg
Eye see whatcha did there.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Oh? What's on UK's rap sheet? I think you might be confusing UK with KU.

Kentucky’s one major infraction away from leading the nation.

Your being on a high horse is starting to make sense. You don’t know the history.

Modern era: 2 major infractions for KU and 2 for UK.

Reactions: AWilli6995
You had a player grab a chair and attempt to hit someone with it during a game.

You had a player transfer in and 'allegedly' rape someone that had a prior that was very similar.

Jamari Traylor and Rodriquez Coleman were arrested on the same night, in seperate incidents.

Then, there's the issue with Adidas. Something definitely happened, Self and Townsend got 4 game suspensions and the program got a 3 year suspension. They don't give those types of punishments out when you follow the rules.

Sorry to have to remind you of these things, but apparently, you forgot.

Thought the “dirt” we were talking about was just recruiting related but okay.

He picked up the chair and then put it right back down. Didn’t attempt to hit anybody. Not a great look, but you should try to get your facts straight once in awhile. But you get your scoops from Rafters, so I get it. Might as well start getting my UK info from pan handlers on Mass St and spreading it across the web.

You’re mixing in football players now. I don’t think you want to go there. I think Kentucky’s had more arrests in the last few months in football than KU basketball’s had in the entire Self era. Weird how no one seems to care about their football team’s crimes, isn’t it? Certainly doesn’t stop them from rooting for their team or taking pride in accomplishments.

It’s almost like certain people just dig for ammo out of jealousy.

Last edited:

Your being on a high horse is starting to make sense. You don’t know the history.

2 major infractions for UK in the modern era? This is news to me. What infractions are you talking about?

Also, where are you getting the stats on UK basketball being #2 in infractions? Heck, KU and Louisville have done more the last 10 years to put both schools well in front of everyone else as far as being in the news for bad shit.

I think you're making shit up again.

Oh, who is #1 on your infractions list?

He picked up the chair and then put it right back down. Didn’t attempt to hit anybody. Not a great look, but you should try to get your facts straight once in awhile. But you get your scoops from Rafters, so I get it. Might as well start getting my UK info from pan handlers on Mass St and spreading it across the web.

You’re mixing in football players now. I don’t think you want to go there. I think Kentucky’s had more arrests in the last few months in football than KU basketball’s had in the entire Self era. Weird how no one seems to care about their football team’s crimes, isn’t it? Certainly doesn’t stop them from rooting for their team or taking pride in accomplishments.

LOL, who said anything about these transgressions being all about recruiting??? You keep talking about UK being #2 on the "transgressions list" so you're saying UK has committed a bunch of recruiting infractions… in basketball? Really? When did these infractions happen? You said modern era, so this should be interesting.

Yeah, I brought the fb player up, because he got arrested an hour after a KU basketball player got arrested, why would I leave that part out? It’s soooo KU.

2 major infractions for UK in the modern era? This is news to me. What infractions are you talking about?

Also, where are you getting the stats on UK basketball being #2 in infractions? Heck, KU and Louisville have done more the last 10 years to put both schools well in front of everyone else as far as being in the news for bad shit.

I think you're making shit up again.

Oh, who is #1 on your infractions list?

Sorry for bringing facts to the convo. How dare me.

From the NCAA site: Cash provided to prospective student-athlete; academic fraud; unethical conduct; lack of institutional control. Failure to cooperate fully with investigation.

There are a handful of programs with 5 major infractions all time. Kentucky has 4 (tied with Louisville, the other program that you think is way dirtier than yours).

One of us makes shit up, but it’s not me.

LOL, who said anything about these transgressions being all about recruiting??? You keep talking about UK being #2 on the "transgressions list" so you're saying UK has committed a bunch of recruiting infractions… in basketball? Really? When did these infractions happen? You said modern era, so this should be interesting.

Yeah, I brought the fb player up, because he got arrested an hour after a KU basketball player got arrested, why would I leave that part out? It’s soooo KU.
And like I just pointed out, UK football’s had numerous arrests in recent months alone. Keep ignoring reality and slinging hypocritical nonsense. Maybe some day it’ll get the reception that it gets on Rafters. 🤣

I’ve never really been one who really carries weight into Helms titles. For instance, I’ve always said KU has four national titles and not six but the more I think about it I’m OK with acknowledging that KU has six national titles and four NCAA.

They did play games back then, and they didn’t have a tournament. Is it really any different than football when they used to award a team a national championship back in the day?

And honestly, UCLA has a bunch of titles where 8 teams made the tourney. Is that really any different?

KU would have muchhhhhhh more titles if only
8 teams made the tourney.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
You're not a real UK fan if you don't know their history. Since all time stats matter to UK fans you may as well claim the bad along with the good.

From my experience, not too many know their own history. Which is mind-boggling, considering basketball is life there, and they boast about the past more than any other fanbase.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I’ve never really been one who really carries weight into Helms titles. For instance, I’ve always said KU has four national titles and not six but the more I think about it I’m OK with acknowledging that KU has six national titles and four NCAA.

They did play games back then, and they didn’t have a tournament. Is it really any different than football when they used to award a team a national championship back in the day?

And honestly, UCLA has a bunch of titles where 8 teams made the tourney. Is that really any different?

KU would have muchhhhhhh more titles if only
8 teams made the tourney.
Yep. Winning a tourney against a field one eighth the size of today’s (that doesn’t include a lot of the best teams in the nation) doesn’t equate to winning it today. And like Borden said, the NIT was arguably the more prestigious tourney for many of those years.
There’s a reason that certain schools killed it back then but slowed down in the modern era.

Sorry for bringing facts to the convo. How dare me.

From the NCAA site: Cash provided to prospective student-athlete; academic fraud; unethical conduct; lack of institutional control. Failure to cooperate fully with investigation.

There are a handful of programs with 5 major infractions all time. Kentucky has 4 (tied with Louisville, the other program that you think is way dirtier than yours).

One of us makes shit up, but it’s not me.
Congratulations, you listed some infractions, but htf do I know what those infractions are in reference to?

I can tell you this, I don't believe that happened to UK basketball. Are you reciting the infractions given to the cheer program a few years back???

You left key details out here, I bet there is a good reason why.

You're not a real UK fan if you don't know their history. Since all time stats matter to UK fans you may as well claim the bad along with the good.
Well, lets have it. Give me your list and stop dancing around it.

There was the point shaving scandal from 80 years ago, that wasn't actual cheating, at best, it hurt UK.

Then there is the Emery envelope that opened to reveal $1,000.00 in cash.

What else ya got, because these are nothing compared to the AFAM scandal.

Congratulations, you listed some infractions, but htf do I know what those infractions are in reference to?

I can tell you this, I don't believe that happened to UK basketball. Are you reciting the infractions given to the cheer program a few years back???

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And like I just pointed out, UK football’s had numerous arrests in recent months alone. Keep ignoring reality and slinging hypocritical nonsense. Maybe some day it’ll get the reception that it gets on Rafters. 🤣
Oh, so the infractions you listed above, the ones where you conveniently left off who got charged, was against the football program???

That's funny, especially after this post:

Where are all these infractions against the basketball program that you have been referring to? You said UK basketball was the 2nd most infracted program in the modern era, soooo lets have the details on those infractions.

Well, lets have it. Give me your list and stop dancing around it.

There was the point shaving scandal from 80 years ago, that wasn't actual cheating, at best, it hurt UK.

Then there is the Emery envelope that opened to reveal $1,000.00 in cash.

What else ya got, because these are nothing compared to the AFAM scandal.

Maybe you’re a UL fan on the low so you may wanna ask your homie Bert. I will give you this, you don’t seem as sensitive as his crazy old, ass but if you block me then I’ll know.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Hilarious. KU has the Adidas scandal, a scandal from 2006 where they got punished, Arterio Morris' rape allegation, the pellet gun incident and DeSousa picking up a chair to hit someone with.

uNC has Wheels for Heels, Hansbrough's mom banging the AD and AFAM.

Those are all basketball related transgressions. Lets see your list on UK basketball. Enough with this stupid shit where you hide the fact that all UK's modern era transgressions had nothing to do with basketball. What a joke.

Note: I couldn’t list Louisville's transgressions, I ran out of data.

Maybe you’re a UL fan on the low so you may wanna ask your homie Bert. I will give you this, you don’t seem as sensitive as his crazy old, ass but if you block me then I’ll know.
No, I'm not sensitive and you know this, but I'm also not going to let dudes drag their sacks across my face with false info and just quietly walk away.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan

WTF? 😆

Yes, those are their men’s basketball infractions from the 80s. I was actually being generous with the cutoff. Some people consider ‘75 the beginning of the modern era. In which case Kentucky would lead 3-2. And the one from ‘76 alone included over a dozen charges.

WTF? 😆

Yes, those are their men’s basketball infractions from the 80s. I was actually being generous with the cutoff. Some people consider ‘75 the beginning of the modern era. In which case Kentucky would lead 3-2. And the one from ‘76 alone included over a dozen charges.
So much for modern era huh?

Heck, Louisville has more transgressions than that just in the last 10 years alone, they had 2 FF's and a title vacated, so I'm not buying this crap that UK somehow has the 2nd most infractions. I call bullshit.

For the record, post 244, you said modern era.

244:

Just how far back does your definition of 'modern era' go?

Last edited:
So much for modern era huh?

Heck, Louisville has more transgressions than that just in the last 10 years alone, they had 2 FF's and a title vacated, so I'm not buying this crap that UK somehow has the 2nd most infractions. I call bullshit.

For the record, post 244, you said modern era.

244:

Just how far back does your definition of 'modern era' go?
Modern era to most people is 85-present. Some claim it to be 1975. This is news to you?

Like I said, there are a handful of programs with 5 major infractions all time. UK and Louisville have 4.

You really have a hard time accepting reality don’t you?

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Modern era to most people is 85-present. Some claim it to be 1975. This is news to you?

Like I said, there are a handful of programs with 5 major infractions all time. UK and Louisville have 4.

You really have a hard time accepting reality don’t you?
You think modern era starts in 1985???

Yeah, that’s just false. There isn't a soul that's going to agree with you on that.

You obviously got dropped on your head and forgot the last 30 years. WTF.

Hilarious. KU has the Adidas scandal, a scandal from 2006 where they got punished, Arterio Morris' rape allegation, the pellet gun incident and DeSousa picking up a chair to hit someone with.

uNC has Wheels for Heels, Hansbrough's mom banging the AD and AFAM.

Those are all basketball related transgressions. Lets see your list on UK basketball. Enough with this stupid shit where you hide the fact that all UK's modern era transgressions had nothing to do with basketball. What a joke.

Note: I couldn’t list Louisville's transgressions, I ran out of data.

You'd hit Hansbrough's mom, don't deny it but I think you're married so don't.

No, I'm not sensitive and you know this, but I'm also not going to let dudes drag their sacks across my face with false info and just quietly walk away.

You along with a gang of other people were pissed off at the final outcome. No one can change it and does it matter who's transgressions were worse, hell they're all bad.

That is crazy, the game has changed too much in just the 2010's alone.

I don't agree, there is no way a sports era can span 40 years.

Still think that “not a soul” would agree with me? 😂

How do you closely follow this sport without ever reading about modern era timeframes?

So, yeah….same number of “major” infractions in the modern era and near the top all-time. You really shouldn’t be throwing stones.

Still think that “not a soul” would agree with me? 😂

How do you closely follow this sport without ever reading about modern era timeframes?

So, yeah….same number of “major” infractions in the modern era and near the top all-time. You really shouldn’t be throwing stones.
Who has the most modern era major infractions?

You said UK was #2.

No, I said they have two major infractions in the modern era.
You said UK was tied for 2nd in major infractions in the modern era and I shouldn't throw stones, so who is #1 in this category? Who has the most major infractions?

You said UK was tied for 2nd in major infractions in the modern era and I shouldn't throw stones, so who is #1 in this category? Who has the most major infractions?

No, I never said anything about being tied for second. I said they're one major infraction away from being tied for the most all-time, and I said they have two major infractions in the modern era. Not sure why this is so hard.

As for the most in the modern era, it looks like a tie between Baylor, Missouri and South Carolina (4 each). Auburn, Louisville, Alabama, Memphis, Minnesota and a bunch of midmajors have 3. KU, Kentucky and a shitload of others have two each.

No, I never said anything about being tied for second. I said they're one major infraction away from being tied for the most all-time, and I said they have two major infractions in the modern era. Not sure why this is so hard.

As for the most in the modern era, it looks like a tie between Baylor, Missouri and South Carolina (4 each). Auburn, Louisville, Alabama, Memphis, Minnesota and a bunch of midmajors have 3. KU, Kentucky and a shitload of others have two each.
So you see, I CAN throw stones, because along with KU's major infractions, there are a lot of other ridiculous things that have happened on KU's campus that don't make the same splash as a level 1 violation, but are still pretty damn bad. We have talked about them in this thread.

That stuff happens at Kansas and Louisville, but you don't see it happening at most other schools.

Heck, you can't even keep a player from another school from committing a rape while being on campus for all of 5 minutes. There's something in the water over there.

ADVERTISEMENT