ADVERTISEMENT

Helms Titles

Like I said, uNC fans don't try to defend helms banners, KU fans do and KU constantky tries to act like they have 2 more titles than what they actually have.
Helms bragging, is a KU thing, not a uNC thing and certainly not a UK thing.
🤣 😆

Pure stupidity and/or lies. KU fans “constantly try to act like they have two more titles,” yet you can’t give me one single example. And you never will, of course, because no one does that.

It’s funny that you guys whine about generalizations, while spewing crap like this. At least the generalizations about the Kentucky fanbase are based on reality and not made-up nonsense.

Wouldn’t be surprised if, like Random, you didn’t even know UNC hung a Helms. Further proof of which fanbase is actually obsessed with which school.

🤣 😆

Pure stupidity and/or lies. KU fans “constantly try to act like they have two more titles,” yet you can’t give me one single example. And you never will, of course, because no one does that.

It’s funny that you guys whine about generalizations, while spewing crap like this. At least the generalizations about the Kentucky fanbase are based on reality and not made-up nonsense.

Wouldn’t be surprised if, like Random, you didn’t even know UNC hung a Helms. Further proof of which fanbase is actually obsessed with which school.
Yeah, it's unpractical for me to search the site for every comment, but just right here in this thread, you, a KU fan, have worked very hard to protect the fact that KU hangs those banners.

Why do you keep trying to deflect attention by bringing uNC into this? Seems desperate to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, it's unpractical for me to search the site for every comment, but just right here in tjis thread, you, KU fan, have worked very hard to protect the fact that KU hangs those banners.

It’s not practical for you to find ONE example of something that you claim happens constantly? 😂 🤣

I rest my case. Now please stop making things up. Thanks in advance.

Why do you keep trying to deflect attention by bringing uNC into this? Seems desperate to me.

That’s funny, considering it’s clear that Helms-bashing is just a desperate excuse to attack a specific program out of jealousy.

It’s not practical for you to find ONE example of something that you claim happens constantly? 😂 🤣

That’s funny, considering it’s clear that Helms-bashing is just an excuse for your fans to attack a specific program out of jealousy.
First line is rich.

Last paragraph. UK has Helm's titles as well, IIRC we'd have 9 or 10 champions if we hung the banners. Jealousy is the wrong word.

Uk has more Helm's titles and NCAA titles. Some of these titles coincided with NCAA titles.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
First line is rich.

Last paragraph. UK has Helm's titles as well, IIRC we'd have 9 or 10 champions if we hung the banners. Jealousy is the wrong word.
What’s rich about it?

I’m not saying that anyone’s jealous of Helms. They’re jealous of the program, so they dig for things to attack.

I rest my case. Now please stop making things up. Thanks in advance.

That’s funny, considering it’s clear that Helms-bashing is just a desperate excuse to attack a specific program out of jealousy.
I'm not making anything up. I think it’s ignorant of you to sit here and pretend it doesn’t happen, especially since you have been making excuses, defending and deflecting throughout this entire thread.
I get it, you defend KU at all costs, but bragging about Helms banners is so pathetic.

I'm not making anything up. I think it’s ignorant of you to sit here and pretend it doesn’t happen, especially since you have been making excuses, defending and deflecting throughout this entire thread.
I get it, you defend KU at all costs, but bragging about Helms banners is so pathetic.

Yeah, it would be a little pathetic…if anyone actually did that.

Of course, if it happened, and often, you’d be able to quote at least one post. Yet you can’t. And you won’t even try because you know you’re making it up.

You’ve got serious reading comprehension issues if you think I’m bragging about Helms. I’ve said multiple times that I wouldn’t hang them, and my only “defense” is that they were hung a long time ago by people who aren’t at KU anymore.

You shouldn’t be accusing anybody else of defending at all costs. To this day, you won’t even slightly acknowledge the possibility that Hagans took money. That takes some serious pretzel twisting. 😂

There’s nothing UK-related that you won’t defend without budging, other than Calipari, and that’s only because he isn’t meeting fans’ 40-0 expectations.

Last edited:
Why would UK be jealous of KU?

You have scoreboard, but that's not enough.

Oh, there’s a lot more than scoreboard. Want a list? Okay.

1) More success in the modern era
2) Most tourney wins this century
3) Recent title/more recent attention
4) Best venue in the game. Much better atmosphere than Rupp.
5) Self is widely considered the top coach in the country
6) Most consistent program in the country
7) Doing more with less
8) Conference domination

Oh, there’s a lot more than scoreboard. Want a list? Okay.

1) More success in the modern era
2) Most tourney wins this century
3) Recent title/more recent attention
4) Best venue in the game. Much better atmosphere than Rupp.
5) Self is widely considered the top coach in the country
6) Most consistent program in the country
7) Doing more with less
8) Conference domination
A perfect KU answer.

200w.gif

What about stats that matter?

Yeah, it would be a little pathetic…if anyone actually did that.

Of course, if it happened, and often, you’d be able to quote at least one post. Yet you can’t. And you won’t even try because you know you’re making it up.

You’ve got serious reading comprehension issues if you think I’m bragging about Helms. I’ve said multiple times that I wouldn’t hang them, and my only “defense” is that they were hung a long time ago by people who aren’t at KU anymore.

You shouldn’t be accusing anybody else of defending at all costs. To this day, you won’t even slightly acknowledge the possibility that Hagans took money. That takes some serious pretzel twisting. 😂

There’s nothing UK-related that you won’t defend without budging, other than Calipari, and that’s only because he isn’t meeting fans’ 40-0 expectations.
My God man, you're a mess. Another deflection? Seriously?

If you want to assume Hagans took money because he flashed some cash in a weird instagram clip, by all means, go run to the NCAA and file a report. Meanwhike, in Lawrence, KS, another KU basketball player is most likely shooting coeds with pellet guns.

And it's awful rich of a KU fan to talk about another school paying kids, or doing underhanded shit. Wow.

My God man, you're a mess. Another deflection? Seriously?

If you want to assume Hagans took money because he flashed some cash in a weird instagram clip, by all means, go run to the NCAA and file a report. Meanwhike, in Lawrence, KS, another KU basketball player is most likely shooting coeds with pellet guns.

No, that’s not the only reason I assume he took money. There’s also the little detail of a documented payment plan, contact with an agent, and the fact that he didn’t travel with the team right after the Snapchat news broke. But you’re right, it’s way more likely that he was flaunting somebody else’s stacks. 🤣

And it's awful rich of a KU fan to talk about another school paying kids, or doing underhanded shit. Wow.

Nah, it’s rich for Kentucky fans to pull the holier than thou bit. Either you know that a ton of UK recruits have taken money or you’re pathetically naive. Even if no Kentucky player had taken a cent in recent years (haha), you still have a long history of infractions. Hypocritical no matter how you slice it.

It’s true. There is one hanging.

I don’t claim it and my preference would be that it not be up there, but oddly enough, they have never asked my opinion.

Some of the fan base will claim it, but my experience is they are in the minority.
You said exactly what I said. Let’s see if kyjeff accuses you of defending and bragging about Helms. 😆

No, that’s not the only reason I assume he took money. There’s also the little detail of a documented payment plan, contact with an agent, and the fact that he didn’t travel with the team right after the Snapchat news broke. But you’re right, it’s way more likely that he was flaunting somebody else’s stacks. 🤣

Nah, it’s rich for Kentucky fans to pull the holier than thou bit. Either you know that a ton of UK recruits have taken money or you’re pathetically naive. Even if no Kentucky player had taken a cent in recent years (haha), you still have a long history of infractions. Hypocritical no matter how you slice it.
As a fan, htf do you think I know for a fact what happens behind the scenes?
Don’t act like you know, because you don't. You're assumptions are not facts.

Why don't UK fans just tac on the 7 Helms titles we have rather than argue about the 2 KU has. I mean if we just count them KU wouldn't even be a blueblood compared to UK and would never even get close to us in titles.

Why don't UK fans just tac on the 7 Helms titles we have rather than argue about the 2 KU has. I mean if we just count them KU wouldn't even be a blueblood compared to UK and would never even get close to us in titles.
All but one were awarded for years in which Kentucky won the tourney. Can’t be national champs twice in one season. 😆

Last edited:
All but one were awarded for years in which Kentucky won the tourney. Can’t be national champs twice in one season, genius. 😆
Since we don't count them I'm not actually familiar with the years they were awarded. Just assumed they were earlier than the on court titles. Went back and looked, If the list provided in this thread is accurate, UK did not win the on court title in 33 or 54.

As a fan, htf do you think I know for a fact what happens behind the scenes?
Don’t act like you know, because you don't. You're assumptions are not facts.

I know a former AAU coach who’s very candid about how prevalent it was. He doesn’t shy away from the fact that it was happening everywhere. There are also former players who were/are open about it.

Aside from that, the fact that basically every major conference program (and several mid majors) were named in the FBI probe should have made it pretty obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
I know a former AAU coach who’s very candid about how prevalent it was. He doesn’t shy away from the fact that it was happening everywhere. There are also former players who were/are open about it.

Aside from that, the fact that basically every major conference program (and several mid majors) were named in the FBI probe should have made it pretty obvious.
LMFAO, thee old "I have a buddy that knows" bit. Fvcking hilarious.

LOL. Right, I’m gonna make that up to convince you. Like I said, it should already be obvious to anyone with a shred of common sense. What’s hilarious is that you bury your head like a two year old.

LOL. Right, I’m gonna make that up to convince you. Like I said, it should already be obvious to anyone with a shred of common sense. What’s hilarious is that you bury your head like a two year old.
So, hearsay and common sense trumps actual proof in your little fantasy world, huh?
Let me guess, in make-believe land, KU us squesky clean, it's erbody else that cheats?

So, hearsay and common sense trumps actual proof in your little fantasy world, huh?
Let me guess, in make-believe land, KU is squesky clean, it's erbody else that cheats?
What’s hilarious is that’s exactly what clowns in your fanbase tell themselves. “Everybody else has to pay to land players half as talented as the guys who line up here for nothing!” 😂

Was OJ innocent too?

What’s hilarious is that’s exactly what clowns in your fanbase tell themselves. “Everybody else has to pay to land players half as talented as the guys who line up here for nothing!” 😂

Was OJ innocent too?
Yeah, well at least I won't tell you to quote someone saying that. As big as these fanbases are, everything we have accused each fanbase of saying, is most likely correct,
I'm not going to pretend the BBN doesn’t have a bunch of idiotic homers in it. I spent a lot of time on RR laughing at many of them. KU has them too.

Yeah, well at least I won't tell you to quote someone saying that. As big as these fanbases are, everything we have accused each fanbase of saying, is most likely correct,
I'm not going to pretend the BBN doesn’t have a bunch of idiotic homers in it. I spent a lot of time on RR laughing at many of them. KU has them too.

So…because every fanbase has idiotic homers, we should disregard all the ridiculous things said by your fans while ridiculing KU fans for things that were never even said. Got it.

Your take on Hagans is just as irrational as anything they claim. There isn’t an investigator in the world who, after looking at the evidence, would say it’s more likely than not that Hagans played for free.

Btw, did anybody wait for proof that Self knew about payments before labeling him a cheater and ranting about it endlessly? There was even sworn testimony by Adidas reps that he wasn’t aware of any payments. If I had my head buried like you guys, I’d be saying that it was all Adidas and Self knew nothing.

So are you an “OJ was innocent” guy, or do you actually use common sense in matters that don’t involve Kentucky basketball?

So…because every fanbase has idiotic homers, we should disregard all the ridiculous things said by your fans while ridiculing KU fans for things that were never even said. Got it.

Your take on Hagans is just as irrational as anything they claim. There isn’t an investigator in the world who, after looking at the evidence, would say it’s more likely than not that Hagans played for free.

Btw, did anybody wait for proof that Self knew about payments before labeling him a cheater and ranting about it endlessly? There was even sworn testimony by Adidas reps that he wasn’t aware of any payments. If I had my head buried like you guys, I’d be saying that it was all Adidas and Self knew nothing.

So are you an “OJ was innocent” guy, or do you actually use common sense in matters that don’t involve Kentucky basketball?
You live alone, in a white padded room, don't you?

Ya got me.

Mommy told you that you were always right, didn’t she? 🤣
Speaking of being wrong, have you ever seen me critisize Bill Self? I've been nothing but complimentary and have said nothing about his transgressions.

You, on the other hand, don't have anything nice to say about any other program, especially UK.

Welcome to fandom though. Every fanbase has jealous dudes that hate anyone that is successful. UK fans hate duke, hate coach K, hate Kansas, hate Self, hate Uconn and probably hate Saint Peters too. If they don’t hate you, it means you suck.

KU's fanbase has their fair share of those types of fans too, but you act like it's just UK fans.

Jeff I like you...Good, fun poster. But brother there's no way you are this naïve. Especially in today's CBB world. Kids were getting paid. Everywhere. If you think UK was landing dudes like they were, without the benefit of the dollar, then cme on down here to Southern Indiana----I have some great beachfront properties I'd like to show you here.

Are we still in here pretending these bakery titles have any legitimacy? It's Christmas boys. Let them go.
Legit as in, what? NCAAT? Of course not. But it was a system used....Just like the AP/Coaches polls in football for 100 years. I mean back in the "poll era", if you didn't start the season in the Top 10, you had almost NO chamce of winning a natty. It was heavily flawed, and was a HUGE advantage for schools like ND, Michigan, OSU, Nebraska, Alabama, Penn St, FSU, Miami, Fla, etc...And that advantage still exist today. IMO, all, yes, ALL titles won in CFB, could be questioned, and easily debated.

For me personally, all that matters TO ME, is NCAAT titles. BUt even then, I mean shit, the NIT was widely consider the more prestigious tournament----For decades. I mean one could dispute which title meant more from 1938-1970. NIT, or the NCAA?

We could also dispute the difference in rules era, number of teams in the NCAAT, as aother tool as to which "means more"---I mean, right? Seems we are discussing what means more---what is more legit, etc....So I mean, what is more legit-----A title won with a Field of 8-----or a Field of 32----Or a field of 48---Or 64? A tournament won when freshman could not play? A tournament won with no 3-point shot---A rule that has had the most impact to the game, like ever.

So how should we break this all down? NCAAT won with 8 teams, not as legit as tournaments won with 16----Tournaments won with 16 teams, not as legit as tournaments won with 32----So on and so on, Titles won with no shot clock, vs those won with a shot clock? Tournaments won without thee three, mean more than tournaments won with the three?

Point is----it can ALL be argued.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Legit as in, what? NCAAT? Of course not. But it was a system used....Just like the AP/Coaches polls in football for 100 years. I mean back in the "poll era", if you didn't start the season in the Top 10, you had almost NO chamce of winning a natty. It was heavily flawed, and was a HUGE advantage for schools like ND, Michigan, OSU, Nebraska, Alabama, Penn St, FSU, Miami, Fla, etc...And that advantage still exist today. IMO, all, yes, ALL titles won in CFB, could be questioned, and easily debated.

For me personally, all that matters TO ME, is NCAAT titles. BUt even then, I mean shit, the NIT was widely consider the more prestigious tournament----For decades. I mean one could dispute which title meant more from 1938-1970. NIT, or the NCAA?

We could also dispute the difference in rules era, number of teams in the NCAAT, as aother tool as to which "means more"---I mean, right? Seems we are discussing what means more---what is more legit, etc....So I mean, what is more legit-----A title won with a Field of 8-----or a Field of 32----Or a field of 48---Or 64? A tournament won when freshman could not play? A tournament won with no 3-point shot---A rule that has had the most impact to the game, like ever.

So how should we break this all down? NCAAT won with 8 teams, not as legit as tournaments won with 16----Tournaments won with 16 teams, not as legit as tournaments won with 32----So on and so on, Titles won with no shot clock, vs those won with a shot clock? Tournaments won without thee three, mean more than tournaments won with the three?

Point is----it can ALL be argued.
Once the NCAAT began, for historical purposes, it's the official counter today. NIT titles from 1946 and 1976 will be admitted.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Once the NCAAT began, for historical purposes, it's the official counter today. NIT titles from 1946 and 1976 will be admitted.
I get its TODAYS measure----And that is fine. But it wasn't prior to 1939. So is everything before that just ignored? How do we handled the consensus of the NIT being the "better tournament"

From its onset and at least into the mid-1950s, the NIT was regarded as the most prestigious showcase for college basketball. All-American at Princeton and later NBA champion with the New York Knicks and United States Senator Bill Bradley stated:

In the 1940s, when the NCAA tournament was less than 10 years old, the National Invitation Tournament, a saturnalia held in New York at Madison Square Garden by the Metropolitan Intercollegiate Basketball Association, was the most glamorous of the post-season tournaments and generally had the better teams. The winner of the National Invitation Tournament was regarded as more of a national champion than the actual, titular, national champion, or winner of the NCAA tournament.
— A Sense of Where You Are: Bill Bradley at Princeton[19

And I see what ya did there.....I motion we also include 1979(NIT).

ADVERTISEMENT