ADVERTISEMENT

Has Mick Cronin always

Yes to your question. Also, there's this.

“100% true, John confronts this guy (Cronin) in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘ (Cronin)

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘(Cronin)

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

Lol, I remember that story but forgot it was about him.

It was just weird. None of his complaining was even logical.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

“100% true, John confronts this guy (Cronin) in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying’

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘(Cronin)

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”
Ha that’s awesome. Cal is a baller. Everyone knows Nike funnels players to Cal/ UK though.

Cal just doesn’t appear to be hard to me. He’s too doughy and non-confrontational. I remember John Chaney had him spooked like a little girl. But, I do believe that story..because Cronin is a shrimpy little dwarf who’s a sore loser and a little bitch.

Stories. We need stories. No cliffhangers, please.
No real stories. Just a god damn whiner. He complained once about an illegal screen...I was like---"meh, it ain't that bad". He said Illegal is illegal. I was like, Mic, your guys are doing the same thing. Yeah, but not that bad, Borden. I was like---Whoaa now Mic---You said Illegal is illegal. Which is it? He just goes into one of his "mutherfckers" tirade, whiny shit.

I loved it....

‘I didn’t say–‘(Cronin)

That makes Cal come across like an asshole

No real stories. Just a god damn whiner. He complained once about an illegal screen...I was like---"meh, it ain't that bad". He said Illegal is illegal. I was like, Mic, your guys are doing the same thing. Yeah, but not that bad, Borden. I was like---Whoaa now Mic---You said Illegal is illegal. Which is it? He just goes into one of his "mutherfckers" tirade, whiny shit.

I loved it....

Holy shit that’s Borden debating 101 from your end. Well played.

Holy shit that’s Borden debating 101 from your end. Well played.
I was hoping he would reply with what he did.....And not with---"well, call it my guys then". Ending wouldn't have been as funny/good.:D Its great when you "set a coach up", and they bite.jumpingsmile

Do you ever set me up for these traps
No more than you set me up...Laughing. I do use what I have learned over the years, as an official, on here when it comes to "arguing". My wife gets so mad at me, when I do this at home. She always tells people---"dont get in a argument with my husband.".Laughing She's like, "I've never seen someone turn words around, like you do.". I told her---"well, apparently you haven't met Hail".Laughing

Yes, yes he has.
giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That makes Cal come across like an asshole

Mick was running his yap saying UK was cheating on the recruiting trail because UK swooped in and took a player Cronin had been recruiting for years. Cal made it clear he knew what Mick was saying and he needed to realize where he is on the food chain.

been a sore loser and so whiny? I didn't follow him with Cincinnati enough to know.

He coached under Huggs and Pitino... tries to act like a hard ass and work refs like them. Difference is Huggs is a big ass dude and a future HOF'er with multiple Final fours and Pitino is a legend with championships and looks like an Italian gangster. Cronin tries, but can't pull it off because he looks like a whiny bald leprechaun and hasn't accomplished anything as a coach.

Cal just doesn’t appear to be hard to me. He’s too doughy and non-confrontational. I remember John Chaney had him spooked like a little girl. But, I do believe that story..because Cronin is a shrimpy little dwarf who’s a sore loser and a little bitch.
Cal’s a badass. He punked Pitino every year. Now he’s mistreatin Mack.

When it comes to recruiting, only Duke with the ability to hide Jeff Capels actions could compete on a yearly basis. I’m just sayin...

‘I didn’t say–‘(Cronin)

He couldn't get Sharife Cooper or Isaac Okoro or the SEC championship the last two years or a Final Four appearance in five years. hahaha I have met Cal back when he was at UMass and he is a really nice guy, BUT he is a cheater and he won't get up in my 270 lbs self and say otherwise.

Reactions: Denim Vest
He couldn't get Sharife Cooper or Isaac Okoro or the SEC championship the last two years or a Final Four appearance in five years. hahaha I have met Cal back when he was at UMass and he is a really nice guy, BUT he is a cheater and he won't get up in my 270 lbs self and say otherwise.
Ha. Welcome to the Auburn rivals college hoops basketball message board friend.

Reactions: TokyoGiantsFan
If you say so bubba. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Blue_White_KY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT