ADVERTISEMENT

Had a Unique Experience Yesterday

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
In all of my 48 years I've never been told "we don't have straws anymore" from a server. I live in Kentucky. My straw won't end up in the ocean. Straws matter to me. I drive a lot for work, and when I'm done I like to take my drink "to go". The lid helps prevent spillage, thus the need for a straw.

Last edited:
In all of my 48 years I've never been told "we don't have straws anymore" from a server. I live in Kentucky. My straw won't end up in the ocean. Straws matter to me. I drive a lot for work, and when I'm done I like to take my drink "to go". The lid helps prevent spillage, thus the need for a straw.
I’m usually an “every little bit helps” kinda guy...but then I watched what the Asian and Indian Ocean sector of the world does with their trash and water. We could discontinue grocery bags and straws completely and we might not notice.

I’m usually an “every little bit helps” kinda guy...but then I watched what the Asian and Indian Ocean sector of the world does with their trash and water. We could discontinue grocery bags and straws completely and we might not notice.
What do they do with their trash and water?

We could lead efforts.

I can't remember the last time I used a straw. Not by some self conscious choice, but I don't eat out much, and usually when I do order out, it's carry out and don't order drinks.

Changing subject, but staying on topic, my unique experience yesterday was the first time I ever had to put a pet down. It was a cat we've had for 13 years. She could no longer walk or even stand. We had to feed her by hand and she could have used a straw to drink water, but instead we got her a hamster bottle. She couldn't drink from it either and it was just time. Sucks

The Importance of every little bit can’t be understated. The thing we have the most control over his ourselves… If everybody exercises as much as they can, maybe we can get a step or two in the right direction. It is unfortunate that places with ridiculous populations in poverty don’t do as much as we wish they would. I figure minor things like straws and those scrubbing things in body wash, well, we can do without :) The one I’m working the hardest on it is paper towels… I have found that a couple towels kept around, a couple for dirty stuff, a couple for clean hands, usually do about as well as paper towels… Although I sometimes still grab them out of laziness :)

What do they do with their trash and water?

We could lead efforts.
They dump directly into waterways. Rivers, oceans etc. I watched something about India one time. 80% of their bodies of water would be ruled unsafe in the us......to swim in

They dump directly into waterways. Rivers, oceans etc. I watched something about India one time. 80% of their bodies of water would be ruled unsafe in the us......to swim in
Considering public pools is gross, that's saying something.

Also, Crazy the Indian population is still flourishing with that water.

Considering public pools is gross, that's saying something.

Also, Crazy the Indian population is still flourishing with that water.
India might be the worst case of irresponsible child bearing in history...and that’s saying something considering some of the communities here in the us. Absurd population numbers born out of people creating huge families that they can’t take care of

Going Out Of Business Sale

capri-sun-40-x-200ml.jpg
pixybulk1b.JPG

That's bizarre. I only know 2 other people personally that feel the same as you. Definitely a minority opinion. How do you drink a milkshake? Ice shifting on you when you're driving or dressed up isn't fun.

Wait... where are you dressed up and drinking with a straw? Paint me a picture.

What restaurant?

I haven't used straws in probably over 20 years. I eventually got to an age where I realized where I wasn't a child anymore nor an invalid yet.

get a sippy cup.

Do you put straws in beer? No? Then we don’t need them.

I thought straws were for girls

Sissy sticks

I haven't used straws in probably over 20 years. I eventually got to an age where I realized where I wasn't a child anymore nor an invalid yet.

The Chinese feel forks are for the inept. Guess you all ought to stop using those too. If you're going to be macho . . . go all the way, otherwise you're just someone else's sissy.

No need to reply. I don't make the rules.

2rgzvx3.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Uihawks111
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT