ADVERTISEMENT

West Coast/P12 had a good day vs the SEC yesterday

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
The top 3 teams out West played 3 top SEC schools on Saturday.
Started out with Gonzaga beating #4 Alabama. Then UCLA beat #13 Kentucky. And finally Arizona beat #6 Tennessee.

Good day for west coast athletics. Shoot even Oregon state laid a beat down on Florida in their bowl game yesterday.

Reactions: englandnu
The top 3 teams out West played 3 top SEC schools on Saturday.
Started out with Gonzaga beating #4 Alabama. Then UCLA beat #13 Kentucky. And finally Arizona beat #6 Tennessee.

Good day for west coast athletics. Shoot even Oregon state laid a beat down on Florida in their bowl game yesterday.
Oh, it is everything West of the Mississippi river against the SEC?

Is that the best thing you got? :rolleyes:

Oh, it is everything West of the Mississippi river against the SEC?

Is that the best thing you got? :rolleyes:
What? Why would this post even trigger you like this? I didn’t say anything negative about anyone. All I said was that the West had a good day against the SEC. Which they did.

What? Why would this post even trigger you like this? I didn’t say anything negative about anyone. All I said was that the West had a good day against the SEC. Which they did.
Okay. From now on it will be the east versus west for you. You root for the west and I will root for the east.

Your West team sure sucks in the College Football playoffs.

So you have the TCU horned frogs.

I have Georgia, Ohio State and Michigan.

Good Luck.

We will see after the dust settles. I think the SEC is much better this year in their top 5

Last edited:
Not from me. It is about time for a non SEC team to win the title. Geeze the law of averages starts to work after decades. Lord if you eliminate the ACC and the SEC there would not be many title holders.

It is kind of wild, actually. Just look at the past 16 national champions.

ACC (3):
Clemson (2), Florida State (1)

SEC (12):
Alabama (6), Florida (2), LSU (2), Auburn (1), Georgia (1)

Everyone Else (1):
Ohio State (1)

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
College Basketball National Titles this Century

ACC (8):
Duke (3), North Carolina (3), Virginia (1), Maryland (1)

Big East (6):
UConn (2), Villanova (2), Syracuse (1), Louisville (1)

Big 12 (3):
Kansas (2), Baylor (1)

SEC (3):
Florida (2), Kentucky (1)

Big Ten (1):
Michigan State (1)

American Athletic (1):
UConn (1)

College Basketball National Titles this Century

ACC (8):
Duke (3), North Carolina (3), Virginia (1), Maryland (1)

Big East (6):
UConn (2), Villanova (2), Syracuse (1), Louisville (1)

Big 12 (3):
Kansas (2), Baylor (1)

SEC (3):
Florida (2), Kentucky (1)

Big Ten (1):
Michigan State (1)

American Athletic (1):
UConn (1)
But but but but, for the ACC you should not go before 2000. It gets ugly.

Compare the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's: there ain't many ACC teams. Hell Duke did diddly squat prior to your time slot. UNC not that much more. Who was Virginia and Maryland prior to 2000?

As far as that goes who was Florida? Two titles with one team. Sorry.

The ACC is Johnny-come-lately. The SEC is washed up as Kentucky sucks anymore and they are the only team the SEC had historically.

Now Kentucky is a thing of the past. They no longer are a threat to win shit.

Kentucky's current coach is only worried about getting kids into the NBA, the school that they play for and feeds and educates them does not count in his book.

Cal could care less about college basketball. He gets $9,000,000 a year for representing his players and not the school.

Compare the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's: there ain't many ACC teams. Hell Duke did diddly squat prior to your time slot. UNC not that much more. Who was Virginia and Maryland prior to 2000?

lol okay. Duke was in the top 10 in wins and Final Fours before K even arrived in Durham. Also...

Combined Final Fours, 1939-1999
ACC- 31
SEC- 21

And the ACC didn't exist the first 15 years of the tournament. Take out those initial years, and ACC holds a 31-16 Final Four edge over the SEC from 1954-1999. That's roughly a 2:1 ratio, bro. ACC took over as the dominant conference by the 1960's.

Final Fours, by decade
1960s: ACC 7, SEC 1 (Big Ten, 7)
1970s: ACC 4, SEC 2 (Big Ten, 4)
1980s: ACC 8, SEC 4 (Big Ten, 6)
1990s: ACC 11, SEC 8 (Big Ten, 6)

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
lol okay. Duke was in the top 10 in wins and Final Fours before K even arrived in Durham. Also...

Combined Final Fours, 1939-1999
ACC- 31
SEC- 21

And the ACC didn't exist the first 15 years of the tournament. Take out those initial years, and ACC holds a 31-16 Final Four edge over the SEC from 1954-1999. That's roughly a 2:1 ratio, bro. ACC took over as the dominant conference by the 1960's.

Final Fours, by decade
1960s: ACC 7, SEC 1 (Big Ten, 7)
1970s: ACC 4, SEC 2 (Big Ten, 4)
1980s: ACC 8, SEC 4 (Big Ten, 6)
1990s: ACC 11, SEC 8 (Big Ten, 6)
Duke never won a title until the 90's. Sorry.

Also I am not an SEC fan. I am a Kentucky fan. The SEC sucks in basketball.

Instead of titles you are now interested in Final fours by conference? Before the change in the NCAA rules the SEC and the Big Ten had to play each other to get to the final four. The ACC had to occasionally play St. Johns. GEEZE. You are the stats guy so you know that the old NCAA East regional was a cake walk, like the NCAA West.

But again you have shifted the argument. And why did you leave out the 40's and 50's? This time shifting is contagious just like some virus. So you tend to pick the era that helps your argument. Okay I understand that.

What ACC teams won a title before 2000?

I will help you:

1993 UNC
1992 Duke
1991 Duke
1982 UNC
1974 NC State
1957 UNC

All of those final fours did not do them a lot of good did it.

SEC didn't do well today in the SEC-Mid Major invitational.

1-4 ouch.

Lost to some powerhouses like North Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT