ADVERTISEMENT

Give a basketball hot take

Ill start

There is only 3 bluebloods

Kentucky, Kansas and North Carolina
"Blueblood" as an all-time, ALL-TIME, historical impact has to include Indiana and UCLA. Those two programs have 16 combined titles......28 FF's....almost 4,000 wins.

I mean if ya wanna say no to Indiana---Ok. But UCLA? I mean dude....

11 titles, 19 FF's. 1900+ wins. Their name is littered upon NCAA records..

Most titles
13 title games
Consecutive titles(7)
Consecutive FF's(10)
4 unbeaten seasons
54 consecutive winning seasons
88 game winning streak...

Leave IU out? Sure. But UCLA?

No. I mean UCLA with UNC's win total, would have one hell of an argument for best all-time.

You spelled "Kentucky" wrong.
wait-what.gif

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Those programs all wish they were uconn the past 25+ years... especially kentucky.
For sure.

The diference between All-time, which IMO is what truly defines bluebood, opposed to the past 25 years, i.e. UCONN, is a huge diference in this discussion.

I do not think in any shape or form you could ever leave UCLA out of any all-time great program discussion.

How ya been my friend?

Me? Shitty. ER early Friday morning around 5am----in the OR by 9. Ruptured gallbladder. Just got released this afternoon.
Wow, man you have had a bad 18 months, I hope things turn around for you. Being fans of different programs and bickering back and forth among everyone is nothing when it comes to one's health.
God bless you bud.

Shit. Best of luck, man. Sorry to hear it.
Bruh---absolute worst fukin pain ever. And damn near worse now. Was told over the next few days it would get much better, but they apparently inject a gas into you during the surgery----and until it finds its way out----shit is painful.

Facts.

Dude thought I was 100% dying. Got to hospital, straight back. Did CT and then ultrasound....Then lit me up with dilaudid(pain meds). Surgeon called in, done a hydascan, stopped the test baout an hour in, and was like---dude, you have to have surgery.

Sucks. I mean dude since July of last year I have now had 4 surgeries..

1. Heart on July 17
2. Shoulder replacement August 17
3. Miniscus late March
4. Gallbladder this past Friday.

Like as if being an IU fan isn't bad enough...

Wow, man you have had a bad 18 months, I hope things turn around for you. Being fans of different programs and bickering back and forth among everyone is nothing when it comes to one's health.
God bless you bud.
Bro its unreal...🤣 And scary part is----I go back to ortho this Thursday with possibility of having to have my shoulder worked on again.

I just laugh, and eat another oxycodone..

• Sad
Reactions: cdbearde
My guess would be the number of titles?

KU---2
UK-1
UNC-3

UCONN---4

I know what he’s getting at of course. Just think the logic is funny. Suffer through a bunch of shitty years (during which your fanbase almost ceased to exist on the net), rather than being in the mix every single year…just to be able to brag to anonymous people that you have one or two more titles in a given timeframe?

Reactions: cdbearde
I know what he’s getting at of course. Just think the logic is funny. Suffer through a bunch of shitty years (during which your fanbase almost ceased to exist on the net), rather than being in the mix every single year…just to be able to brag to anonymous people that you have one or two more titles in a given timeframe?
I've seen worse argued...---And with less merit.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Bruh---absolute worst fukin pain ever. And damn near worse now. Was told over the next few days it would get much better, but they apparently inject a gas into you during the surgery----and until it finds its way out----shit is painful.

Facts.

Dude thought I was 100% dying. Got to hospital, straight back. Did CT and then ultrasound....Then lit me up with dilaudid(pain meds). Surgeon called in, done a hydascan, stopped the test baout an hour in, and was like---dude, you have to have surgery.

1. Heart on July 17
3. Miniscus late March

Holy Hell. That’s rough. Hang in there, man! You seem like a tough MF. I’m sure you can handle it.

For my money, you’re one of the best posters here.

Holy Hell. That’s rough. Hang in there, man! You seem like a tough MF. I’m sure you can handle it.

For my money, you’re one of the best posters here.
Thanks brother...We've had our , well, conversations---But I respect the hell out of your takes. Top notch IMO.

Shit has been, I dunno---I am like--who do fauck did I piss off? And now conspiracy shit---Is the gov't trying to get me hooked on pain meds? 🤣 🤣

Reactions: ExitFlagger
DePaul is one great coach and one big time recruit away from having the roadmap to make it back to national dominance.

Will we ever get either is a different question and one that has been answered with a resounding no for the better part of the last 30 years.

Facts.

1. Heart on July 17
3. Miniscus late March

What's you take on a shoulder replacement? I'd consider getting my bad one replaced at this point. Just not getting any better.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Because uconn has as many national titles as they do combined the last 25 years.

Would it be nice, in retrospect, to say your school won that many titles in that span? Yes. Would it be worth enduring a bunch of losing seasons and missing the tourney about 40% of the time? Nope. There's a reason that no one had seen a UConn fan for about a decade prior to last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
But these same fans of "blueblood programs" always say it's all about titles and hanging banners. UConn has done that better than anybody the past 25 or 30 years.

Kentucky went 9-16 a couple years ago and has 1 ncaa tourney win the past 4 or 5 years.
The real tragedy here is seeing you, a wvu fan, slobbering on UCONN's knob ITT.

If only wvu had something to crow about here other than Jerry West.

I would rather only have 2 titles the last 25 years and make the tourney every single year with dozens of conf titles and conf tourney titles over Uconns 5 titles and a dozen missed tourneys, NIT's and losing seasons.

Would it be nice, in retrospect, to say your school won that many titles in that span? Yes. Would it be worth enduring a bunch of losing seasons and missing the tourney about 40% of the time? Nope. There's a reason that no one had seen a UConn fan for about a decade prior to last year.

These same fans of these blueblood programs all say it's all about titles and hanging banners. UConn has done that better than anybody the past 25 or 30 years.

Kentucky went 9-16 a couple years ago and has 1 ncaa tourney win the past 4 or 5 years

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
The real tragedy here is seeing you, a wvu fan, slobbering on UCONN's knob ITT.

If only wvu had something to crow about here other than Jerry West.

🤣 It's funny how mad you guys get over this blueblood stuff. It's a thread asking for hot takes.... dont get so butt hurt when somebody gives one.

I know wvu isnt anywhere near that level. Never tried to act like we are.

I hate uconn, by the way. Facts are the facts though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT