ADVERTISEMENT

Give a basketball hot take

LOL. If you "rarely see" KU fans honking about big 12 titles, then you just aren't paying attention, or just choosing to not acknowledge it, but this is extremely common with your brethren.

Feast your eyes on exhibit 1A. My man would rather win a bunch of conference titles than win 5 national titles.

Screenshot-20230815-111104-Chrome.jpg

Game-set-match. I really hope you don't try to defend this, you're better than that. I found this right in this thread on page 1.

He didn't say anything remotely close to "I'd rather win conference titles than national titles." He listed conference titles as one factor, along with multiple nat'l titles, tourney appearance every year, no losing seasons/NITs, etc.

Do you actually expect KU fans to ignore their conference titles and pretend that they're not a factor?

Face it, you guys only downplay conference titles because Kentucky can't come close to matching what Self has done. Doesn't make much sense to bag on Big 12 titles when your own program can't consistently win a league full of football schools.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
He didn't say anything remotely close to "I'd rather win conference titles than national titles." He listed conference titles as one factor, along with multiple nat'l titles, tourney appearance every year, no losing seasons/NITs, etc.

Do you actually expect KU fans to ignore their conference titles and pretend that they're not a factor?

Face it, you guys only downplay conference titles because Kentucky can't come close to matching what Self has done. Doesn't make much sense to bag on Big 12 titles when your own program can't consistently win a league full of football schools.
Dude, he literally said he would rather win conference titles and conference tournament titles (+ 2 NCAAT titles) than win 5 national titles. He literally said that.

Yes, he listed them as a factor, but who the hell cares about conference titles and conference tournament titles? That's soooo Kansas fans.

Also, without looking, I have to believe UConn has won the BIG East conference and BET title multiple times as well, but he ignored that. Doesn't UConn get to add their conference titles to their resume, or is it just KU that gets to do that?

Heck, IIRC, UConn won something like 7 games in 7 days to win the BET title back in 2011 or 2014, but that must not be impressive enough to bring up. Apparently only B12 titles are worthy of this discussion.

What's gayer?

A. Getting plugged in the butt by a train of dudes
B. Bragging about winning your conference
Gd, that’s a tough one, but the correct answer is B, but only because it takes less prep and lube to get to the finish line.

Or so I've heard.

Dude, he literally said he would rather win conference titles and conference tournament titles (+ 2 NCAAT titles) than win 5 national titles. He literally said that.
Yes, he listed them as a factor, but who the hell cares about conference titles and conference tournament titles? That's soooo Kansas fans.

Your second paragraph contradicts the first. If he listed it as one factor, then he's not saying that he values conference titles (by themselves) over national titles. He's saying he'd take the whole package over theirs.

C'mon....literally no one on the planet is going to argue that conference titles are more valuable than nat'l titles. That's just trolling bullshit. I'd trade 10 conference titles for another nat'l championship and 95% of KU fans would too.

The Rupp Rafters in you shows through in comments like this. More trolling. Most of you have it in you but you try to bottle it up over here so you don't get lumped in with those jackasses.

The hilarious thing about this is that Kentucky fans care way MORE about conference titles than KU fans. The last time Kentucky won the SEC, the fans went nuts. You'd have thought they won it all (If I had time, I'd bump some threads). When KU wins the Big 12, it's ho hum. We got bored with it years ago and came to expect it.

It's also funny that this is coming from the fan of a team that bragged endlessly about a regular season win, even after the team you beat went on to win the national title. 😂🤣

The impressive thing about the Big 12 streak is the consistency. No other program was as consistent during that stretch. They all had down years and NIT invites/losing seasons/etc.

Also, without looking, I have to believe UConn has won the BIG East conference and BET title multiple times as well, but he ignored that. Doesn't UConn get to add their conference titles to their resume, or is it just KU that gets to do that?

Heck, IIRC, UConn won something like 7 games in 7 days to win the BET title back in 2011 or 2014, but that must not be impressive enough to bring up. Apparently only B12 titles are worthy of this discussion.

He can speak for himself, but he didn't claim that UConn didn't win any league titles, so I'm not sure what you're going on about. Just that KU won a lot more. 19 to 5.

gonna need a big jump from my guy Mahaney. He was terrible in the tourney, but I'm expecting a big jump from freshman to sophmore year.

Mahaney is a legit All-American candidate. He played off the ball a lot, and SMC's offense ran through Logan Johnson. But, I think he's more suited to run the point than Johnson. I expect a monster sophomore season from him.

This might have been my favorite pass from him last season.

What's gayer?

A. Getting plugged in the butt by a train of dudes
B. Bragging about winning your conference

Ever notice that the people who say this are the fans of teams that get plugged in the ass by their conference mates every year? 😆

Your second paragraph contradicts the first. If he listed it as one factor, then he's not saying that he values conference titles (by themselves) over national titles. He's saying he'd take the whole package over theirs.

C'mon....literally no one on the planet is going to argue that conference titles are more valuable than nat'l titles. That's just trolling bullshit. I'd trade 10 conference titles for another nat'l championship and 95% of KU fans would too.

The Rupp Rafters in you shows through in comments like this. More trolling. Most of you have it in you but you try to bottle it up over here so you don't get lumped in with those jackasses.

The hilarious thing about this is that Kentucky fans care way MORE about conference titles than KU fans. The last time Kentucky won the SEC, the fans went nuts. You'd have thought they won it all (If I had time, I'd bump some threads). When KU wins the Big 12, it's ho hum. We got bored with it years ago and came to expect it.

It's also funny that this is coming from the fan of a team that bragged endlessly about a regular season win, even after the team you beat went on to win the national title. 😂🤣

The impressive thing about the Big 12 streak is the consistency. No other program was as consistent during that stretch. They all had down years and NIT invites/losing seasons/etc.

He can speak for himself, but he didn't claim that UConn didn't win any league titles, so I'm not sure what you're going on about. Just that KU won a lot more. 19 to 5.
Wow, you really are trying to defend those comments. Holy shit.

As far as "my Rupp Rafters" showing, nah, you obviously haven't seen my behavior on RR. 99.9% of my comments are me going after all the idiot homers on there and actually siding with duke and KU fans. Hell, you've literally seen me cut down a homer UK fan on this board just last week.

The bottom line is, your guy used conference titles and conference tournament titles favorably over UConn's 25 year run. The word 'conference' shouldn’t even be listed here. That’s the point I'm making.

Just stop, you can't defend what he posted, he literally used conference championships and conference tournament titles as 2 of his 3 reasons to put KU's last 25 years over UConn's. Just stop.

45 SEC titles. Been there, done that.

Wow, you really are trying to defend those comments. Holy shit.

As far as "my Rupp Rafters" showing, nah, you obviously haven't seen my behavior on RR. 99.9% of my comments are me going after all the idiot homers on there and actually siding with duke and KU fans. Hell, you've literally seen me cut down a homer UK fan on this board just last week.

The bottom line is, your guy used conference titles and conference tournament titles favorably over UConn's 25 year run. The word 'conference' shouldn’t even be listed here. That’s the point I'm making.

Just stop, you can't defend what he posted, he literally used conference championships and conference tournament titles as 2 of his 3 reasons to put KU's last 25 years over UConn's. Just stop.

There were several reasons, and I'm sure there are many others that he would've mentioned if he'd spent more time on the post. Like I said, he can explain for himself, but he obviously wasn't doing a straight up comparison between conference titles and national titles. No one would. Even if he had meant what you're claiming he meant.....that's one post by one fan. Should I dig for the most delusional UK fan post and generalize your entire fanbase by it? Yeah, I didn't think so.

That said, acting like it shouldn't even be mentioned as one of several factors is a laughable troll job. No surprise that it comes from the fan of a team that's won their league once in six years. A league that's done nothing in the tourney in that span, and routinely been destroyed by the Big 12 and others in OOC, btw.

Again...if no one cares about 14 straight Big 12 titles and 19 in 26 years...why did your fans go crazy in 2020 after ONE SEC championship? And why did they brag endlessly about a regular season win vs the nat'l champ? Talk about something no one gives a damn about. 🤣

Win the SEC 14 times in a row and let's see how your fans react. Hell, win the SEC in football just ONCE and then tell me your fans don't care about conference titles.

There were several reasons, and I'm sure there are many others that he would've mentioned if he'd spent more time on the post. Like I said, he can explain for himself, but he obviously wasn't doing a straight up comparison between conference titles and national titles. No one would. Even if he had meant what you're claiming he meant.....that's one post by one fan. Should I dig for the most delusional UK fan post and generalize your entire fanbase by it? Yeah, I didn't think so.

That said, acting like it shouldn't even be mentioned as one of several factors is a laughable troll job. No surprise that it comes from the fan of a team that's won their league once in six years. A league that's done nothing in the tourney in that span, and routinely been destroyed by the Big 12 and others in OOC, btw.

Again...if no one cares about 14 straight Big 12 titles and 19 in 26 years...why did your fans go crazy in 2020 after ONE SEC championship? And why did they brag endlessly about a regular season win vs the nat'l champ? Talk about something no one gives a damn about. 🤣

Win the SEC 14 times in a row and let's see how your fans react. Hell, win the SEC in football just ONCE and then tell me your fans don't care about conference titles.
See, what you don't get is, you moved the goalposts. You went from saying KU fans don't brag about BIG12 championships ("Actually, I rarely hear/see a KU fan bragging about conference titles") to saying "he used it as a factor" and "acting like it shouldn't be mentioned as a factor, is laughable". Which is it? Do KU fans brag about BIG12 titles, or not? It looks like allof you do, even the ones (you) that denied it 5 minutes earlier.

As far as searching RR for nutcases, haha, nah, I'm not arguing that, in fact, I've already told you I spend most of my RR time arguing with nutcase homers, the last thing I'm going to do, is defend the BBN here, but damn, at least acknowledge KU fans love them some BIG12 accolades, because they do.

Routinely been destroyed by the BIG12??? LOL, the SEC won that challege several times and there were some years where Auburn and LSU were left out.

As far as UK's success in the SEC, they have 45 SEC titles bruh, you need to bark up a different tree there. So what, UK has sucked the last 5 years, but don't act like KU never had rough stretches in their history and also, the BIG12 plays a true round robin, the SEC doesn’t, too many times, we get Auburn, Arkansas, LSU and Bama on the road, with no return trip to Lexington.

Also, until recently, the only BIG12 school that was worth a damn, was Kansas, nobody else had accomplished shit since Oklahoma State back in the 40's and Oklahoma in the 80's. Come on now.

But who the hell gives a shit about conference accomishments??? For someone that claims KU fans don't conference honk, you sure are doing a lot of honking.

But lets stop moving goalposts, you can't say nobody is bragging about B12 titles, then turn around and say conference honking is okay.

"Should I dig for the most delusional UK fan post and generalize your entire fanbase by it? Yeah, I didn't think so."

....wouldn't be any different from anything else you post daily.

See, what you don't get is, you moved the goalposts. You went from saying KU fans don't brag about BIG12 championships ("Actually, I rarely hear/see a KU fan bragging about conference titles") to saying "he used it as a factor" and "acting like it shouldn't be mentioned as a factor, is laughable". Which is it? Do KU fans brag about BIG12 titles, or not? It looks like allof you do, even the ones (you) that denied it 5 minutes earlier.

As far as searching RR for nutcases, haha, nah, I'm not arguing that, in fact, I've already told you I spend most of my RR time arguing with nutcase homers, the last thing I'm going to do, is defend the BBN here, but damn, at least acknowledge KU fans love them some BIG12 accolades, because they do.

I said that I rarely see it and that's true. On KU forums, I don't see much chest-beating or pats on the back for winning the league title. Most truly don't get excited about winning the conference at this point. If a Big 12 rival pops up to talk shit, yeah, obviously a KU fan's going to throw the league dominance in their face.
But expecting a KU fan to never mention conference titles as one of several factors when comparing teams is weird, although I get why you guys want to downplay it.

Winning your league is one of the top goals for any team, and is second only to a final four/title. If we were talking about Gonzaga's league, I'd agree that conference titles are meaningless. The Big 12 ain't that.

You didn't answer....if winning the league every year is no big deal, why did your fans get so excited the last time they won the SEC? Why in the hell did you guys brag for over a year about one regular season win? Even AFTER KU won it all? 🤣

And are you actually trying to tell me your fanbase wouldn't lose their minds if Kentucky won even ONE conference title in football? Much less 14 straight in basketball?

Routinely been destroyed by the BIG12??? LOL, the SEC won that challege several times and there were some years where Auburn and LSU were left out.

I like how you forget to mention that the weakest teams were left out every year, which often left Big 12 bottom-dwellers matching up with decent/good SEC teams. Yet the Big 12 still won or tied 7 out of 10 times, winning 70% of the games in three different seasons. And there have been a lot more games played than those in the challenge. Check out the SEC's overall record vs the Big 12 and other top leagues the last several years. I remember several years ago when they were something like 3-30 vs major conference teams.

As far as UK's success in the SEC, they have 45 SEC titles bruh, you need to bark up a different tree there. So what, UK has sucked the last 5 years, but don't act like KU never had rough stretches in their history and also, the BIG12 plays a true round robin, the SEC doesn’t, too many times, we get Auburn, Arkansas, LSU and Bama on the road, with no return trip to Lexington.

Also, until recently, the only BIG12 school that was worth a damn, was Kansas, nobody else had accomplished shit since Oklahoma State back in the 40's and Oklahoma in the 80's. Come on now.

Historically, there aren't any other powerhouses in the Big 12. But it's clearly been either the best league or very close over the last several years. It was solid before that too, with several ranked teams every year and usually 1-2 top 10ish teams other than KU. 7 of the 10 teams have been to the final four at least once in the last two decades. The only team that hasn't at least reached the elite 8 in that span is TCU, and even they've been pretty good recently. Pretending like KU's facing a group of scrubs every year is a joke.

But who the hell gives a shit about conference accomishments??? For someone that claims KU fans don't conference honk, you sure are doing a lot of honking.

But lets stop moving goalposts, you can't say nobody is bragging about B12 titles, then turn around and say conference honking is okay.

"No one gives a shit about conference titles."

"Actually, they do. Your own fanbase celebrates them."

"See, look....I told you you're a conference honk!!!"

Good Lord, dude. Some of you have a really weird complex about KU's league titles.

Last edited:
"Should I dig for the most delusional UK fan post and generalize your entire fanbase by it? Yeah, I didn't think so."

....wouldn't be any different from anything else you post daily.

Yeah? Got any examples?

Sounds like you're describing other fanbases. It doesn't really make sense for KU. When would it make sense for a KU fan to pull the "titles are all that matter" card? The only schools that come close to KU's consistency and overall success (especially over the last 4 decades) have more titles.

Unless Doogie ranks UCLA #1 all-time, he's the one changing his stance to fit his argument. No serious basketball fan simply ranks programs by number of titles.
Not saying KU uses it as THE take, but as "A" take. And the context its used in, makes a difference. It makes no sense for UK, Duke, UNC, IU, KU or UConn to use such an approach, but it doesn't keep folk from using it.

Either way, titles are important---but so are NCAAT, NCAAT wins, FF's, ELite 8's and hell being runner-up. UConn checks a lot of these boxes. I mean tbh, what does it matter when titles were won, what happened in between, when well, you have FIVE of them.? Its an argu,ent made vs UCLA, and its dumb. Sure they only have the ONE title outside of JW's 10-----but they have still been good, solid, and normally in the mix---Shit went to three straight FF's under I think Howland? Pretty they are the only school to have multiple FF trips of 3x's, or more?

To me if the criteria is ALL-TIME, you just cannot leave out IU or UCLA---Although I can see IU. But not UCLA.

With that being said, I do not think UCONN is a blueblood, even with the 5 titles.

Subtract UConn's collapse from 2016-21, and this isn't even a conversation. Minus that span, dudes have always been a fixture.

35 NCAAT appearances, with 5 titles? Damn

I said that I rarely see it and that's true. On KU forums, I don't see much chest-beating or pats on the back for winning the league title. Most truly don't get excited about winning the conference at this point. If a Big 12 rival pops up to talk shit, yeah, obviously a KU fan's going to throw the league dominance in their face.
But expecting a KU fan to never mention conference titles as one of several factors when comparing teams is weird, although I get why you guys want to downplay it.

Winning your league is one of the top goals for any team, and is second only to a final four/title. If we were talking about Gonzaga's league, I'd agree that conference titles are meaningless. The Big 12 ain't that.

You didn't answer....if winning the league every year is no big deal, why did your fans get so excited the last time they won the SEC? Why in the hell did you guys brag for over a year about one regular season win? Even AFTER KU won it all? 🤣

And are you actually trying to tell me your fanbase wouldn't lose their minds if Kentucky won even ONE conference title in football? Much less 14 straight in basketball?

I like how you forget to mention that the weakest teams were left out every year, which often left Big 12 bottom-dwellers matching up with decent/good SEC teams. Yet the Big 12 still won or tied 7 out of 10 times, winning 70% of the games in three different seasons. And there have been a lot more games played than those in the challenge. Check out the SEC's overall record vs the Big 12 and other top leagues the last several years. I remember several years ago when they were something like 3-30 vs major conference teams.

Historically, there aren't any other powerhouses in the Big 12. But it's clearly been either the best league or very close over the last several years. It was solid before that too, with several ranked teams every year and usually 1-2 top 10ish teams other than KU. 7 of the 10 teams have been to the final four at least once in the last two decades. The only team that hasn't at least reached the elite 8 in that span is TCU, and even they've been pretty good recently. Pretending like KU's facing a group of scrubs every year is a joke.

"No one gives a shit about conference titles."

"Actually, they do. Your own fanbase celebrates them."

"See, look....I told you you're a conference honk!!!"

Good Lord, dude. Some of you have a really weird complex about KU's league titles.
Lol, did you just compare KU winning the BIG12 title, to UK winming an SEC title… .. In FOOTBALL??? Are you serious?

Would UK fans be happy about winning an SEC championship (basketball)? Well, yeah, but not at the level KU fans do. I mean, you have a guy right in this thread that would rather take 2 NT's over 5 NT's, because KU won a bunch of BIG12 titles. Come on now.

As far as the SEC teams that were left out of the challenge, Auburn certainly wasn't a bottom dweller, they won the SEC one of those years.

While the BIG12 currently is a better basketball conference, they certainly didn't crush the SEC in that challenge, that’s just wrong. Additionally, that status is going to change and change very soon.

LOL. If you "rarely see" KU fans honking about big 12 titles, then you just aren't paying attention, or just choosing to not acknowledge it, but this is extremely common with your brethren.

Feast your eyes on exhibit 1A. My man would rather win a bunch of conference titles than win 5 national titles.

Screenshot-20230815-111104-Chrome.jpg

Game-set-match. I really hope you don't try to defend this, you're better than that. I found this right in this thread on page 1.
Dude. What are you doing with that bright white background? Go dark you savage.

Subtract UConn's collapse from 2016-21, and this isn't even a conversation. Minus that span, dudes have always been a fixture.

35 NCAAT appearances, with 5 titles? Damn

Yep... other than that 5 year stretch they've been pretty damn consistent since 1990. They had 3 or 4 elite 8's and several sweet 16's before they even started winning natty's.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
What, there's a dark mode? How, where… .when?

I hate it when I'm left off of company emails.
If you're on your phone, at least. Just scroll all the way down to the bottom and it is a click away.

Yep... other than that 5 year stretch they've been pretty damn consistent since 1990. They had 3 or 4 elite 8's and several sweet 16's before they even started winning natty's.
Yep....Peeps forget how consistent those dudes were under Calhoun...

1990--Elite 8
1991- SW 16
1992---2nd round
1993---NIT
1994--SW 16
1995--Elite 8
1996- SW 16
1997- NIT
1998- Elite 8
1999- National Champions
2000-2nd round
2001-NIT
2002- Elite 8
2003- SW 16
2004--National Champions
2005- 2nd round
2006--Elite 8
2007- No post season
2008- 1st round
2009- Final Four
2010- 2nd round
2011--National Champions
2012- 1st round.

3 National titles
4 Final Fours
8 Elite 8's
11 SW 16's
19 NCAAT;s----

Fell down under Ollie---but even then, yep, won a ****ing Natty. In 6 seasons, Ollie went to three NCAAT's---would have been 4, but UConn was not eligible his first year---they went 20-10.

Hurley took over a mess---struggled early, but now.....He's bringing back the ghost of Calhoun. Missed first two NCAATs, but since has made three straight. Two first round losses, and then...

A National title.

UConn ran into trouble with Ollie, but still won a title. Hurley has rebuilt. And has also now won a title.

UConn had ONE bad stretch, yet somehow they are so inconsistent. Naaaaaaah.

So in a 25 year stretch, dudes would pass on..

5 national titles
6 Final Fours
10 Elite 8's
14 SW 16's

Yall wpuld pass on that, over a few NIT's ?

Yeah, right

Last edited:

1990--Elite 8
1991- SW 16
1992---2nd round
1993---NIT
1994--SW 16
1995--Elite 8
1996- SW 16
1997- NIT
1998- Elite 8
1999- National Champions
2000-2nd round
2001-NIT
2002- Elite 8
2003- SW 16
2004--National Champions
2005- 2nd round
2006--Elite 8
2007- No post season
2008- 1st round
2009- Final Four
2010- 2nd round
2011--National Champions
2012- 1st round.

3 national titles
8 Elite 8's
11 SW 16's
19 NCAAT;s

Fell down under Ollie---but even then, yep, won a ****ing Natty. In 6 seasons, Ollie went to three NCAAT's---would have been 4, but UConn was not eligible his first year---they went 20-10.

Hurley took over a mess---struggled early, but now.....He's bringing back the ghost of Calhoun. Missed first two NCAATs, but since has made three straight. Two first round losses, and then...

A National title.

UConn ran into trouble with Ollie, but still won a title. Hurley has rebuilt. And has also now won a title.

Fother mucker your phone is ringing. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden

1990--Elite 8
1991- SW 16
1992---2nd round
1993---NIT
1994--SW 16
1995--Elite 8
1996- SW 16
1997- NIT
1998- Elite 8
1999- National Champions
2000-2nd round
2001-NIT
2002- Elite 8
2003- SW 16
2004--National Champions
2005- 2nd round
2006--Elite 8
2007- No post season
2008- 1st round
2009- Final Four
2010- 2nd round
2011--National Champions
2012- 1st round.

3 National titles
4 Final Fours
8 Elite 8's
11 SW 16's
19 NCAAT;s----

A National title.

So in a 25 year stretch, dudes would pass on..

5 national titles
6 Final Fours
10 Elite 8's
14 SW 16's

Yall wpuld pass on that, over a few NIT's ?

Yeah, right
Those BIG12 conference championships just mean more.

Lol, did you just compare KU winning the BIG12 title, to UK winming an SEC title… .. In FOOTBALL??? Are you serious?

Would UK fans be happy about winning an SEC championship (basketball)? Well, yeah, but not at the level KU fans do. I mean, you have a guy right in this thread that would rather take 2 NT's over 5 NT's, because KU won a bunch of BIG12 titles. Come on now.

As far as the SEC teams that were left out of the challenge, Auburn certainly wasn't a bottom dweller, they won the SEC one of those years.

While the BIG12 currently is a better basketball conference, they certainly didn't crush the SEC in that challenge, that’s just wrong. Additionally, that status is going to change and change very soon.

Ahhhhh...So one conference title in the top league in football would be cause for major celebration, but 14 straight in one of the top basketball leagues is meaningless. Thanks for the clarification. 😆

It should be clear by now that no one values conference titles over NTs. This is either disingenuous trolling or you're just being foolish at this point.

Why is the SEC going to be better "very soon," btw?

Ahhhhh...So one conference title in the top league in football would be cause for major celebration, but 14 straight in one of the top basketball leagues is meaningless. Thanks for the clarification. 😆

It should be clear by now that no one values conference titles over NTs. This is either disingenuous trolling or you're just being foolish at this point.

So, you think winning the BIG12 in basketball is on par with winning the SEC in football? I don't care if KU won 20 straight BIG12 titles, it is not in par with UK winning the SEC in football, it just isn’t.

Now, don't get me wrong, winning 14 straight B12 titles is a hell of an accomplishment, but when you don't parlay that into final 4's and titles, it kinda takes the air out of winning the BIG12.

Heck, KU won the BIG12 those years they lost to Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa and Wichita State, so again, how inpressed should we be that KU won their league?

Again, during that 14 year run, the BIG12 wasn't close to what it is now. Baylor has been really good lately, but even then, while the league doesn't have bad teams, what it does have is a lot of teams that are all very similar, they aren't bad, but they aren't all that great either and I would bet that if KU was in the SEC, they would not go on a 14 year run, it just wouldn’t happen.

But when we're talking about the big stage, bragging about conference championships is some serious bush league shit.

Reactions: JC for 3
It's a defense mechanism....kinda like the hyena cackling our current VP does. All those years that went down without National Titles, talk up winning the Big 12.

Currently, the SEC is the top dog in football. Not sure there's a valid argument against that.

In basketball, with Texas and (to a lesser extent) Oklahoma coming to a conference that already has:

• UK
  • ut
  • AU
  • Bama
  • UF
  • Arkansas
  • LSU
...it's going to be better as far as hoops are concerned as well when compared to:

• KU
  • Baylor
  • T Tech
  • K State
  • WVU
  • BYU
  • Houston
  • Cincy
  • UCF
  • Iowa St
  • OK St
  • TCU
TCU will need to show some consistency in hoops before taking them seriously. Houston no longer in a pansy conference is also something that remains to be seen. OK State, UCF, Cincy, Iowa St, BYU....certainly not 'powerhouse' hoops programs.

So, you think winning the BIG12 in basketball is on par with winning the SEC in football? I don't care if KU won 20 straight BIG12 titles, it is not in par with UK winning the SEC in football, it just isn’t.

Did you or did you not say that no one gives a shit about conference titles? Just trying to keep things consistent here. So 1 SEC conference title is worth more than 20 consecutive Big 12 titles? Talk about some Rafters-level homer shit. Holy Hell. 😂

Now, don't get me wrong, winning 14 straight B12 titles is a hell of an accomplishment, but when you don't parlay that into final 4's and titles, it kinda takes the air out of winning the BIG12.

Heck, KU won the BIG12 those years they lost to Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa and Wichita State, so again, how inpressed should we be that KU won their league?

Again, during that 14 year run, the BIG12 wasn't close to what it is now. Baylor has been really good lately, but even then, while the league doesn't have bad teams, what it does have is a lot of teams that are all very similar, they aren't bad, but they aren't all that great either and I would bet that if KU was in the SEC, they would not go on a 14 year run, it just wouldn’t happen.

But when we're talking about the big stage, bragging about conference championships is some serious bush league shit.

Again, KU fans bring up conference titles as one factor out of many. It's well behind final fours/NTs and everyone knows that.

And maybe you're not aware, but KU has the most tourney wins in the nation this century. Several more than the next closest team. They go to the final four every four years on average and elite 8 every other year. But sure, let's talk about Bucknell, rather than the 4-0 postseason record vs UNC in that span or Self's stellar record vs top teams in general.

Again, obviously the Big 12 doesn't have any historic powerhouses other than KU, but neither does the SEC. Swap KU for Kentucky in the SEC, and it would be the same situation. They'd be by far the best program in the league. Of course Self would win a shitload there too. Why wouldn't he?

So why's the SEC about to overtake the Big 12 in basketball, btw?

It's a defense mechanism....kinda like the hyena cackling our current VP does. All those years that went down without National Titles, talk up winning the Big 12.
Meanwhile, Kentucky fans talk up the shitty SEC. Go figure.
Currently, the SEC is the top dog in football. Not sure there's a valid argument against that.

In basketball, with Texas and (to a lesser extent) Oklahoma coming to a conference that already has:

• UK
  • ut
  • AU
  • Bama
  • UF
  • Arkansas
  • LSU
...it's going to be better as far as hoops are concerned as well when compared to:

• KU
  • Baylor
  • T Tech
  • K State
  • WVU
  • BYU
  • Houston
  • Cincy
  • UCF
  • Iowa St
  • OK St
  • TCU
TCU will need to show some consistency in hoops before taking them seriously. Houston no longer in a pansy conference is also something that remains to be seen. OK State, UCF, Cincy, Iowa St, BYU....certainly not 'powerhouse' hoops programs.

I don't think anyone's trying to pass those schools off as powerhouses. And I'm not sure why it matters, considering the SEC currently has zero powerhouses with Kentucky being down.

There's absolutely no legit reason to think the SEC will be stronger than the Big 12 soon. Btw, maybe you didn't get the news, but Arizona is joining.

So a league that is already better than the SEC is bringing in Arizona/Houston/Colorado/BYU/Cincinnati/Arizona St, while losing two mediocre programs. And somehow this adds up to the SEC being superior?

Reactions: englandnu
Meanwhile, Kentucky fans talk up the shitty SEC. Go figure.

I don't think anyone's trying to pass those schools off as powerhouses. And I'm not sure why it matters, considering the SEC currently has zero powerhouses with Kentucky being down.

There's absolutely no legit reason to think the SEC will be stronger than the Big 12 soon. Btw, maybe you didn't get the news, but Arizona is joining.

So a league that is already better than the SEC is bringing in Arizona/Houston/Colorado/BYU/Cincinnati/Arizona St, while losing two mediocre programs. And somehow this adds up to the SEC being superior?
Cincy isn't shit...haven't been for years and very doubtful they will against better comp. BYU, AZ State, Colorado...? Have they ever done anything notable in college hoops? I only remember the 95' AZ State team that had 'Super Mario' and UK trounced them in the tourney.

Did you or did you not say that no one gives a shit about conference titles? Just trying to keep things consistent here. So 1 SEC conference title is worth more than 20 consecutive Big 12 titles? Talk about some Rafters-level homer shit. Holy Hell. 😂

Again, KU fans bring up conference titles as one factor out of many. It's well behind final fours/NTs and everyone knows that.

And maybe you're not aware, but KU has the most tourney wins in the nation this century. Several more than the next closest team. They go to the final four every four years on average and elite 8 every other year. But sure, let's talk about Bucknell, rather than the 4-0 postseason record vs UNC in that span or Self's stellar record vs top teams in general.

Again, obviously the Big 12 doesn't have any historic powerhouses other than KU, but neither does the SEC. Swap KU for Kentucky in the SEC, and it would be the same situation. They'd be by far the best program in the league. Of course Self would win a shitload there too. Why wouldn't he?

So why's the SEC about to overtake the Big 12 in basketball, btw?
Head scratcher here, you are acting like college basketball and college football are the same. They most certainly are not, especially when we're talking about a football league like the SEC.

There are so many differences between BIG12 basketball and SEC football that it's not even on the same planet.

If TCU won the BIG12 by sweeping everyone, that would be the equivalent of UK winning the SEC east and playing in the SEC title game. So yeah, UK, an SEC bottom feeder for decades, winning the SEC would be crazy ans certainly worth bragging about.

You keep talking like the BIG12 is miles ahead of the SEC in basketball, but it's not. The BIG12 has two teams that have won titles in the modern era, the SEC has 2 as well and Florida won back to back. Plus, Arkansas has one. If the BIG12 was so good and the SEC sucked so bad, why has the BIG12 not fared as well in the NCAAT historically? Auburn and South Carolina have been in recent final 4's, that has to account for something.

The bottom line is, the BIG12 is a more balanced league, the teams below KU and Baylor are all very close to even, whereas the top of the SEC is deeper, but the league also has programs every year that aren't even NIT caliber.

Trust me, KU would not fare any better in SEC play than UK has, in fact, you can bet that any team that loses to Bradley, Bucknel and Northern Iowa would not have won the SEC. That home and home stuff the BIG12 does is a nice advantage to have.

It figures I would be stuck in a dumb conversation about conference accolades with a Kansas fan… .a Kansas fan that claimed KU fans don't honk about conference accolades. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT