ADVERTISEMENT

Gif your rival's fans thinking about playing your team

I did up until the late 90's. I think if Barnes can keep continued success, it could blossom again. Your guys are great these past 2 years, but we'll see once Grant and Admiral is gone.
Reinforcements are arriving. If Josiah James can handle the point from Day 1, the Vols can have interchangeable parts from 1-4 again. It does boil down to Grant coming back for his senior year

Lol okay. That’s all fake news. @JimboBBN check your boy. I talk more about UK than my own team? Your rustle has gotten ahold of your own rational thought. Take a second and breathe buddy, you know not what you speak.. even @mebeblue2 will vouch I don’t talk about UK more than U of L.

you are a good poster that enters many discussions
at times we disagree but never take it personal
in my book you are OK

now do i get my cookie :p

Lol okay. That’s all fake news. @JimboBBN check your boy. I talk more about UK than my own team? Your rustle has gotten ahold of your own rational thought. Take a second and breathe buddy, you know not what you speak.. even @mebeblue2 will vouch I don’t talk about UK more than U of L.

2 to 1 in this post alone . . . jumpingsmile

tenor.gif

I love these type threads. Always interesting to see how they age.

And lol at UL fans. We cornholed your pathetic team.

tenor.gif

Kentucky fans thinking about battling Tennessee.

Since Tennessee has beaten UK more than anyone else, it is only fitting that we are rivals.
However, the only feeling UK will have this year is pain.

Rivalry week is the perfect time to bump this thread.

Oh, and della, you were right. It was painful watching PJ Washington drag his sack across Grant Williams' face for 40 mins.

The only examples of "pain" that I saw were:
  • Schofield's face when got trucked by his own player
  • Williams getting floored by a PJ Washington screen
  • Barnes' face....looked pretty helpless
  • UT fans' faces....when Schofield fouled out
  • The final score.... that had to be pretty painful....if you're a UT fan.

They are. Tennessee has always considered UK a rival though since it's their Super Bowl. The feeling just isn't mutual.
I remember just before they reduced the seating capacity at Tennessee's Thompson-Boling arena UT was doing crap and they could not give away tickets. UK came into town and about 60% of the crowd was BBN guys. Go Big Blue rang out after ever UK ass whopping play.

It was nearly as good as the SEC Tourney trouncing of Tennessee on 3-12-1993 by 101-40.

The last game at UT that year UK got cheated like shit when Houston was given credit for a 12 foot free throw. Pitino was so pissed off that when UK got Tennessee in the SEC Tourney he did not call off the dogs, he just pilled it on. His starters did not do enough damage and he was yelling and screaming for more till the clock stopped. His intent was to beat them as bad as possible because of the total screwing UK got at Knoxville. I have that Knoxville game starred in my list as the worst piece of home cooking in the history of Kentucky basketball.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Well, it's hard to buy when UK has won 31 SEC tourney titles and the next closest is Bama with 6

I get that but a rivalry is more than just who’s won the most titles! Look at UNC/NC State! No comparison when it comes to team success but they are rivals none the less. Tennessee is our biggest rival in the SEC and always has been. There has been a team or two take the top spot from them here and there like UF and Ark but for the most part it’s been UT!

ADVERTISEMENT