ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs. Michigan Game Thread

Why did FSU not foul? 4 point game with 11 secs to go.

They just gave up.

SO shocked I have to say it again---Why do you not foul?

Damn! Charles Matthews might get back to the Final 4 before Calipari. Never would've thought I'd be saying that. UK could've used him this season.

He got his body right in that year he sat out. It’s like an entirely different dude out there, looks and plays like a grown man.

He’s a great kid though, happy for him. Michigan earned it this past month.

Why the hell do you not foul with 10 seconds left and only down 4? Have seen crazier things happen in less time. FSU played really dumb that last minute.

Reactions: heelpharm
Why did FSU not foul? 4 point game with 11 secs to go.

They just gave up.
I know. Shocked. 10 seconds to go....down 4 and not foul? Even if he hits both, its still a 2 possession game. A lot can happen--------As Louisville.

Did I miss something, or did FSU did just give up the last minute of the game?

Last edited:
Yeah, right. He was never given the opportunity. Cal is like that. He will bury your ass on the bench. Unless of course you are a 5* gem. Then hey, its abut getting you drafted. Matthews would've helped this UK team a ton. MOF, with him, they are probably still playing.

There's no doubt Matthews would've helped this UK team, but on last year's team he would've been battling with Briscoe for the title of first guard off the bench. He could read the writing on the wall and left for greener pastures. Quade Green should follow suit or because he's headed to a 4 year off the bench kind of career if he stays at UK.

Because the spread was -4.5 lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah, right. He was never given the opportunity. Cal is like that. He will bury your ass on the bench. Unless of course you are a 5* gem. Then hey, its abut getting you drafted. Matthews would've helped this UK team a ton. MOF, with him, they are probably still playing.
Interesting take, especially since Derek Willis played nearly 20 MPG and Dominique Hawkins played about 10 MPG on that team... Matthews still played over 10 MPG, why you getting your panties all twisted about it?

Speaking of spreads, Nova is favored by -6.5. ESPN BPI has them at an 82% chance of winning. That's wild. Especially against a 3 seed. Then again......UMBC probably had a .001% chance..

There's no doubt Matthews would've helped this UK team, but on last year's team he would've been battling with Briscoe for the title of first guard off the bench. He could read the writing on the wall and left for greener pastures. Quade Green should follow suit or because he's headed to a 4 year off the bench kind of career if he stays at UK.
Which is my point with Cal. If you don't produce as a freshman, odds are you get buried. Which is unfortunate. Mathews as a frshman probably isn't going to make a difference. But Mathews as a soph certainly would have. But Cal seemingly felt the answer was someone else.

They just interviewed him about it and he was all pissed...said the game was over. Then she asked again and he just gave the silent treatment then changed the subject. Laughing
Craziest answer I have ever heard. Was he drunk?

Which is my point with Cal. If you don't produce as a freshman, odds are you get buried. Which is unfortunate. Mathews as a frshman probably isn't going to make a difference. But Mathews as a soph certainly would have. But Cal seemingly felt the answer was someone else.
Pfft, you make it sound like Cal kicked the kid off the team. He transferred on his own. These kids know what they will face coming to UK, nothing is given and they will have to complete for PT. You aren't willing to do that, oh well.

Wow! Hamilton absolutely froze on the TBS commentator’s obvious question.

I will say I would have called for a foul from the bench.

But FSU had no time outs left, Robinson won’t miss, and they looked absolutely spent. Let’s not forget Michigan’s stunning defense. FSU had to work harder than Michigan all game because their offense was primarily dribble drive oriented.

Interesting take, especially since Derek Willis played nearly 20 MPG and Dominique Hawkins played about 10 MPG on that team... Matthews still played over 10 MPG, why you getting your panties all twisted about it?
I'm not. Plus I don't wear panties. SO that part is a no. Willis was a senior, who provided a service. As did Hawkins. Who was also a senior. Matthews was a freshman who I felt got buried, then was recruited over. I think Cal has a quick trigger with certain kids. Matthews IMO is one of them. Kid would've really, really helpoed this team.

My alma mater wins the division 2 national championship and Michigan makes the final 4

Welp
Hey Hail remember earlier in the year when I caught hell calling Ferris St a quality D2 team? yeah that team just went 38-1, winning the National title. Folks let the level get in the way sometimes. Hell i worked an NAIA series this weekend , and one team was loaded with definite D1 talent. A lot of times, kids go lower level due to qualification requirements. Hankins was a stud for Ferris State.

Craziest answer I have ever heard. Was he drunk?

He knew his team was beat. Robinson won’t miss.

FSUs style was amazing to watch. But without decent half court sets and dependable 3 point shooting, the dribble drives and clamp down d = too much energy.

I was stunned FSU was out of TOs with nearly 3 min left.

I'm not. Plus I don't wear panties. SO that part is a no. Willis was a senior, who provided a service. As did Hawkins. Who was also a senior. Matthews was a freshman who I felt got buried, then was recruited over. I think Cal has a quick trigger with certain kids. Matthews IMO is one of them. Kid would've really, really helpoed this team.
Matthews as a freshman brought no offensive ability, so his defense was really all he brought to the table and he didn't give max effort all the time. Hawkins and Willis were also juniors, not seniors.

He knew his team was beat. Robinson won’t miss.

FSUs style was amazing to watch but without decent half court sets and dependable 3 point shooting. The dribble drives and clamp down d = too much energy.

I was stunned FSU was out of TOs with nearly 3 min left.
Can't accept that....Down 4 with 11 seconds to go, and you quit---as a coach? I mean what kind f message does that send? So what if he hits both. Maybe you hit a three, get fouled. Maybe you hit a three, and UM turns it over. Maybe you hit a three, Michigan hits two freebies, and the gme is over. Maybe you don't hit a three, and the game is over. Point is, there are a ton of tings that could've have happened. But you made that irrelevant by throwing in the towel. You took any opportunity your team had left, and threw it away. To me, that isn't acceptable. You reach to your kids to play to the final buzzer.....Well how about coaching to the final buzzer? Especially in a 4 point game.

Great game, Michigan. Made some big shots down the stretch. We just couldn’t overcome our first half turnovers. Y’alls D is legit.

Look forward to next season with most of our team returning.

Matthews as a freshman brought no offensive ability, so his defense was really all he brought to the table and he didn't give max effort all the time. Hawkins and Willis were also juniors, not seniors.
Junior/seniors, same differmce. Both were upperclassmen. Both had been through the ringer. So you expect them to do what they did. Again, Matthews as a freshman wasn't an option. But as a sophomore, he certainly would have been. I just think a mistake was made by not getting this kid to stay. And that starts with Cal. JMO. Just seems as if he was buried, then recruited over, then showed the door.

Can't accept that....Down 4 with 11 seconds to go, and you quit---as a coach? I mean what kind f message does that send? So what if he hits both. Maybe you hit a three, get fouled. Maybe you hit a three, and UM turns it over. Maybe you hit a three, Michigan hits two freebies, and the gme is over. Maybe you don't hit a three, and the game is over. Point is, there are a ton of tings that could've have happened. But you made that irrelevant by throwing in the towel. You took any opportunity your team had left, and threw it away. To me, that isn't acceptable. You reach to your kids to play to the final buzzer.....Well how about coaching to the final buzzer? Especially in a 4 point game.

I agree.

But, you can’t put it all on Hamilton. The player didn’t have to listen to him, assuming that was the call.

Junior/seniors, same differmce. Both were upperclassmen. Both had been through the ringer. So you expect them to do what they did. Again, Matthews as a freshman wasn't an option. But as a sophomore, he certainly would have been. I just think a mistake was made by not getting this kid to stay. And that starts with Cal. JMO. Just seems as if he was buried, then recruited over, then showed the door.
You're the one that said, "He will bury your ass on the bench. Unless of course you are a 5* gem. Then hey, its abut getting you drafted." Well, obviously that is false, which was my point. SGA even proved that this year when he won the starting job and much more minutes than Green. Now it's Cal's fault for not getting Matthews to stay? Kids transfer from every single program in the nation all the time, for multiple reasons. Is it always the coach's fault? Matthews certainly wasn't "shown the door" but you're going to think whatever you want anyway.

I agree.

But, you can’t put it all on Hamilton. The player didn’t have to listen to him, assuming that was the call.
Sure I can. He's the coach. And no the player didn't have to listen. But he certainly have to deal with the consequences of not(listening). Not sure if you played sports. But not listening to the coach is a big no, no.

100% lay this in the lap of Hamiliton. No it didn't cost them the game. But it sure as hell cost them an opportunity. If I played for a coach who quit like this??? I'd transfer. 100% transfer. When I played, I played for one reason/goal: To win. I never played a single game in my life with the thought of quitting., Never. Down 4 with 11 seconds to go? Quit? Are you kidding??? **** no. If you're going to win, you are going to have to make those god damn free throws. Belive that.

ADVERTISEMENT