ADVERTISEMENT

For those craving some college basketball in early August

She is not gonna like me!!

xlscKeq.gif

Did anyone watch Duke's second game? Just wondering who and how they played. Been pretty busy today and haven't seen many tweets about it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The Duke vs Kentucky game will be the most anticipated/hyped regular season game in years. That gane will be the highest rated college basketball game in years.

The competition is pretty bad. Mississippi beat the next team they will play (McGill) by 40 last week. With that said RJ and Zion looked as good as advertised, no one else will be any type of factor vs any good college team, Trae and Cam didn’t play and Bolden is still complete trash, this was against bigs who would likely have to accept mid major D2 scholarships and Bolden still looked bad. JD looked like he will take all of Boldens minutes though

Did anyone watch Duke's second game? Just wondering who and how they played. Been pretty busy today and haven't seen many tweets about it.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
HRTheCard, you are a fine person and poster but you are wrong thinking that Duke has the market power of Kentucky basketball.

I will argue with you till the cows come home that Duke's following is not on a par with Kentucky. It never has been and never will be. You also can use snappy little sentences like "Just because every one of them has been on TV supposedly as well, doesn't mean they were a national broadcast either" to question my statements and it will not change the facts. The UK games were not SUPPOSEDLY on, they were on.

For decades nearly all of UK's exhibition games were on TV. When the SEC Network was negotiated they agreed to do the games that the UK Network did. If NBC, CBS or ESPN did not pick up the games the UK network did. I lived in North Carolina, Texas, Maryland, Florida and Kentucky and watched the games. For years I had a big satellite dish just so that I could get the UK games. I now have over 1,400 on video tape, DVD or Blu-ray. It is not a secret how I got those games: they were broadcast on a national basis. As far back as the 1980's many stations around the country picked them up. In 1986 when I lived in Houston an independent station carried nearly all of them. I used my satellite dish for my tapes, but they were available locally.

So, you can brag about next year’s Duke games being on national TV; whereas, I will brag about UK's being available since the 1980's.
Your stories get pretty monotonous. You’re like that old guy that just banters off random tidbits and “questionable” facts regarding the timeline of your life. Very yawn-worthy, somewhat analogous to the old drunk guy at the end of the bar, re-telling stories of who he thinks he might be related to that is historically famous.

The competition is pretty bad. Mississippi beat the next team they will play (McGill) by 40 last week. With that said RJ and Zion looked as good as advertised, no one else will be any type of factor vs any good college team, Trae and Cam didn’t play and Bolden is still complete trash, this was against bigs who would likely have to accept mid major D2 scholarships and Bolden still looked bad. JD looked like he will take all of Boldens minutes though

Bolden still looking like trash? But @bignish has been talking him up all year lmao.

Your stories get pretty monotonous. You’re like that old guy that just banters off random tidbits and “questionable” facts regarding the timeline of your life. Very yawn-worthy, somewhat analogous to the old drunk guy at the end of the bar, re-telling stories of who he thinks he might be related to that is historically famous.

yet you are captivated enough to read everyone of his stories
it sounds like he has accomplished his goal and got all the children listening :p

Is it a given UK's frosh live up to their hype? Let me guess---Of course they will. I mean they just beat a bunch of Bahama teams asses. Very comparable to Auburn, Tenn, Florida...Or Kansas, UNC, Duke.
Look no doubt the potential is there. None. But I think some of you are getting way to excited over a couple of exhibition games.
Yeah and after one of those pitiful bahama teams just beat a top 25 big ten team michigan, and yes cal had about a 90 percent success rate with freshman and the fact he has won more games than anyone in college with 4 final fours and a title in 9 seasons. Man what UK did in the Bahamas and for someone who tries to come across as sormone who claims to shoot straight with ur takes know it and all your doing is looking for a reason to make light of what UK did in the Bahamas. It's all good tho love howega Mega Bemax beat Michigan's butt and outside of an initial opening run mega bemax controlled the entire game. UK with one of their best recruits in Montgomery not even playing destroyed them. Yes it was the bemax team UK beat and the only team who had people sitting out was UK with Baker and Montgomery. I dont want to hear about Beilien not being there cal didnt coach the team in the Bahamas and i guarantee Michigan took advantage of the same 10 practices they were aloud as UK

Last edited:
Yeah and after one of those pitiful bahama teams just beat a top 25 big ten team michigan, and yes cal had about a 90 percent success rate with freshman and the fact he has won more games than anyone in college with 4 final fours and a title in 9 seasons. Man what UK did in the Bahamas and for someone who tries to come across as sormone who claims to shoot straight with ur tales know it and all your doing is looking for a reason to make light of what UK did in the Bahamas. It's all good tho love howega Mega Bemax beat Michigan's butt and outside of an initial opening run mega bemax controlled the entire game. UK with one of their best recruits in Montgomery not even playing destroyed them

Couldn't see this coming....

Damn you, Michigan. DAMN you.

Man, I’ve never seen a fan base toot their own horn so much. And now there’s a thread about their conference. But just a little bit ago, so many fans were bashed and shunned for talking about how good the ACC and some of the Big 12 were. Not surprising.

Man, I’ve never seen a fan base toot their own horn so much. And now there’s a thread about their conference. But just a little bit ago, so many fans were bashed and shunned for talking about how good the ACC and some of the Big 12 were. Not surprising.
And you post in every single UK thread. You are clearly ate up with UK. UK consumes you.

But you should look in the mirror. You toot UL's horn just as loud as you can, you also toot your coaches horn louder than any UK fan toot's Cal's and Cal has actually accomplished something of note.

I think I'm going to nickname you "Glass house". It's fitting.

BTW, what UK fan bashed the ACC??? Are you cherry picking one or two posters? Everyone knows the ACC is the top cbb conference, but the SEC certainly does have a stout conference this year and might just end up on the top of the heap.

As far as the BIG12, one program has owned that conference, albeit, a phenomenal program at that, but there isn't another program in that league that has done anything of note on a consistent basis and when is the last time someone other than KU won a title?

So if UK fans (or any fans for that matter) are knocking the BIG12, there is some fire with that smoke.

One thing's for sure though, all of those leagues are miles better than the CUSA and Metro conferences.

And you post in every single UK thread. You are clearly ate up with UK. UK consumes you.

But you should look in the mirror. You toot UL's horn just as loud as you can, you also toot your coaches horn louder than any UK fan toot's Cal's and Cal has actually accomplished something of note.

I think I'm going to nickname you "Glass house". It's fitting.

BTW, what UK fan bashed the ACC??? Are you cherry picking one or two posters? Everyone knows the ACC is the top cbb conference, but the SEC certainly does have a stout conference this year and might just end up on the top of the heap.

As far as the BIG12, one program has owned that conference, albeit, a phenomenal program at that, but there isn't another program in that league that has done anything of note on a consistent basis and when is the last time someone other than KU won a title?

So if UK fans (or any fans for that matter) are knocking the BIG12, there is some fire with that smoke.

One thing's for sure though, all of those leagues are miles better than the CUSA and Metro conferences.

So...because Florida had a group that won back to back titles over a decade ago, this means that the SEC was superior to the B12 last year. Makes sense.

Or we could look at something a little more relevant. Like last year's tourney flop. All year we heard about how improved the SEC was, better than the B12, yada yada. 0 teams in the elite 8 and many going out in embarrassing fashion.

Kentucky has little to no competition in that league. Period. Every program is crap other than Florida. And they've done little since Donovan left.

So Florida made the final four a handful of times over the past 30 years. What else have you had to contend with?

Bag on the B12 all you want, but don't try to pretend like Kentucky has to compete with good basketball programs. It's a joke.

So...because Florida had a group that won back to back titles over a decade ago, this means that the SEC was superior to the B12 last year. Makes sense.

Or we could look at something a little more relevant. Like last year's tourney flop. All year we heard about how improved the SEC was, better than the B12, yada yada. 0 teams in the elite 8 and many going out in embarrassing fashion.

Kentucky has little to no competition in that league. Period. Every program is crap other than Florida. And they've done little since Donovan left.

So Florida made the final four a handful of times over the past 30 years. What else have you had to contend with?

Bag on the B12 all you want, but don't try to pretend like Kentucky has to compete with good basketball programs. It's a joke.
At least the SEC has more than 1 program that has won the league or the league tournament titles.
Again, is there another BIG12 program that has won a title? Just give me one other program that has a title?
One team has dominated that conference, no other league can say that with the exception of the PAC12 in the 60's and 70's.
Get all butthurt all you want, but the BIG12 is KU and a bunch of also rans. West Virginia and Oklahoma are decent programs, but what have they accomplished besides a couple final fours?
As far as the SEC, for the beating that conference takes, it is second in titles, has had multiple teams win a title and has had multiple teams in the final four in the modern era. I'm not sure why the BIG12 gets a free pass, they haven't accomplished as much as the SEC has.
You want to talk about last year, yeah, the SEC didn't show out the way they should have, but what about 2 years ago? You forgot to mention that. 3 teams in the E8 and two of them had to play each other. But nah, you definitely don't want to talk about that.
Again, come back and talk when someone other than KU accomplishes something of note, other than that, you wreak of homerism.

At least the SEC has more than 1 program that has won the league or the league tournament titles.
Again, is there another BIG12 program that has won a title? Just give me one other program that has a title?
One team has dominated that conference, no other league can say that with the exception of the PAC12 in the 60's and 70's.
Get all butthurt all you want, but the BIG12 is KU and a bunch of also rans. West Virginia and Oklahoma are decent programs, but what have they accomplished besides a couple final fours?
As far as the SEC, for the beating that conference takes, it is second in titles, has had multiple teams win a title and has had multiple teams in the final four in the modern era. I'm not sure why the BIG12 gets a free pass, they haven't accomplished as much as the SEC has.
You want to talk about last year, yeah, the SEC didn't show out the way they should have, but what about 2 years ago? You forgot to mention that. 3 teams in the E8 and two of them had to play each other. But nah, you definitely don't want to talk about that.
Again, come back and talk when someone other than KU accomplishes something of note, other than that, you wreak of homerism.

You're the one trying to inflate the accomplishments and stature of the SEC, yet I'm the homer.

Teams not named Kentucky have ONE more title than Big 12 teams. Whoopee. Awesome.

The Big 12 is not the most accomplished conference. I've never argued that it is. You homers can't admit that the SEC is mediocre because you want to pump up Kentucky, while simultaneously downplaying KU's accomplishment by trashing the B12. That's all there is to it. Well, the fact is that both are football leagues and neither has any historic basketball powers other than the top dogs. But I'll tell you this...Kentucky would not have dominated the Big 12 the way Self has. Not even close.

Has the big 12 ever had a program besides Kansas go on a run like Florida? Has Kansas ever gone on a run like Florida?

Hell in the last 20 years there’s a strong case that Florida > Kansas. Kansas obviously has a huge edge in consistency but Florida has accomplished more in the post season.

Then the sec had 3 E8 teams just two seasons ago with 1 going to the FF and might have had two had they not had to play each other to get there.

The big 12 went what...12 seasons without a team besides Kansas making the FF.

Don’t think the SEC has had any such stretch in my lifetime.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
You're the one trying to inflate the accomplishments and stature of the SEC, yet I'm the homer.

Teams not named Kentucky have ONE more title than Big 12 teams. Whoopee. Awesome.

The Big 12 is not the most accomplished conference. I've never argued that it is. You homers can't admit that the SEC is mediocre because you want to pump up Kentucky, while simultaneously downplaying KU's accomplishment by trashing the B12. That's all there is to it. Well, the fact is that both are football leagues and neither has any historic basketball powers other than the top dogs. But I'll tell you this...Kentucky would not have dominated the Big 12 the way Self has. Not even close.
No no no, I never said the SEC was anything special up until the last couple of years. It was really good back in the 90's when Arkansas and LSU we're something, but then it was only UK for a long time. Even then though, other programs stepped up and won the league at times.
But still, the SEC sucked for a loooong time. But it's a stout conference now.
No you're right, Bill Self and KU are the kings of the B12 and I doubt Calipari would have won 15 straight league titles. Congrats to KU and its fans for owning the BIG12, it's a great accomplishment.
The problem is, it's the NCAAT that really matters. But congrats on those B12 championships, oh and those Helms banners.

Reactions: treyforuk
No no no, I never said the SEC was anything special up until the last couple of years. It was really good back in the 90's when Arkansas and LSU we're something, but then it was only UK for a long time. Even then though, other programs stepped up and won the league at times.
But still, the SEC sucked for a loooong time. But it's a stout conference now.
No you're right, Bill Self and KU are the kings of the B12 and I doubt Calipari would have won 15 straight league titles. Congrats to KU and its fans for owning the BIG12, it's a great accomplishment.
The problem is, it's the NCAAT that really matters. But congrats on those B12 championships, oh and those Helms banners.

And you wonder why you guys are annoying? Look no further.

Nice goalpost shift. Can always count on it. But I'm really not interested in the same old tired schpiel to help you validate a life that centers around worshipping a revolving door of 18 year old strangers.

Reactions: HRTheCard

Nice goalpost shift. Can always count on it. But I'm really not interested in the same old tired schpiel to help you validate a life that centers around worshipping a revolving door of 18 year old strangers.

Ha, you center on the fans that do. We're interested in sports. What do you call your interest?Laughing

Some people have more than one interest. I know it's hard to imagine.

Well, bourbon makes two, I guess.
People don't usually complain about interest. Laughing

I am glad UK fans interest you. Your posts are fun to read.

"I have an interest and my hobby is to complain about it. It's a puzzle I can't solve."

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru

Please explain to me how I moved goalposts. I was honest about the SEC, I stated that the league sucked for a long time, I believe twice, in my response and I said that the SEC is a good conference again (it was a good conference in the 90's too).
The bottom line here is, if UK had won the SEC every year for the last 14 years and no other team in said conference had won anything of note, you and a few ULOL fans would be roasting UK fans daily on here.
So, sorry if you're feelings are hurt because I'm talking about something you hoped nobody would bring up, but it's the truth, the conference is made up of KU and a bunch of also rans.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: catman111
Please explain to me how I moved goalposts. I was honest about the SEC, I stated that the league sucked for a long time, I believe twice, in my response and I said that the SEC is a good conference again (it was a good conference in the 90's too).
The bottom line here is, if UK had won the SEC every year for the last 14 years and no other team in said conference had won anything of note, you and a few ULOL fans would be roasting UK fans daily on here.
So, sorry if you're feelings are hurt because I'm talking about something you hoped nobody would bring up, but it's the truth, the conference is made up of KU and a bunch of also rans.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Again, the SEC teams not named Kentucky have ONE more national title. Both are leagues full of football schools.

If you're going to judge conference strength solely by tourney performance, then the SEC sucked last year. Yet you insist it didn't. Be consistent.

The Big 12 has been solid in recent years, and off and on throughout the streak. Not many final four teams, but many solid teams, great players, great coaches. Every year KU has at least one very good top 10ish team to contend with. Could they have won the ACC 14 straight times? No. Could Kentucky have won the Big 12 the last 14 years? No. You had several average/mediocre/NIT seasons in that span.

Explain to me why you insist on mocking something that your school couldn't have come close to doing? Kinda baffling. Then again, you guys are probably delusional enough to think otherwise.

Again, the SEC teams not named Kentucky have ONE more national title. Both are leagues full of football schools.

If you're going to judge conference strength solely by tourney performance, then the SEC sucked last year. Yet you insist it didn't. Be consistent.

The Big 12 has been solid in recent years, and off and on throughout the streak. Not many final four teams, but many solid teams, great players, great coaches. Every year KU has at least one very good top 10ish team to contend with. Could they have won the ACC 14 straight times? No. Could Kentucky have won the Big 12 the last 14 years? No. You had several average/mediocre/NIT seasons in that span.

Explain to me why you insist on mocking something that your school couldn't have come close to doing? Kinda baffling. Then again, you guys are probably delusional enough to think otherwise.
No, what's funny is you knock on SEC teams crashing in the NCAAT, but it's okay in your eyes that the BIG12 does the same thing every year.

Also, why does it matter that non-UK SEC teams wave won one more title than KU? How many teams won a title in the SEC? How many have won a title in the BIG12? The bottom line is the SEC constantly gets trashed for how weak it is, but it's much more accomplished than the BIG12 where it counts, the NCAAT. That's all I need here.

So us UK fans are just supposed to take the crap that gets thrown our way when people say the SEC sucks, but you're getting all bent because what I'm saying about the BIG12 is the truth. One program owns that conference because that program is a great program and the league's other members are average at best.

You say coach Cal couldn't duplicate what Self has done and I won't fight you on that, Cal rolls the dice with freshmen every year, Self doesn't. But you know what? Self ain't winning 14 straight league titles in the SEC, or any other P5 conference.

Simply put: SEC>BIG12

Heck, the SEC won the B12/SEC challenge last year and one of its co-champs didn't play. What's odd is Auburn isn't in it this year either. Maybe the B12 will have a chance to win a couple games.

Lastly, I'm not mocking KU's accomplishments, just telling it like it is. But it is telling that KU has walked through that conference each of the last 14 years, but has a history of losing to mid majors in the NCAAT. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Reactions: catman111
ADVERTISEMENT