ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone having a good summer so far?

It sucks, ass. Wife took me to the ER this morning, before work. Found some issues, decided to keep me. Had echo today.....Stress test tomorrow. Roll from there.

Again...Pretty frustrating..
dude wtf? GWS

Winking

diy59.jpg

Guy on the left looks like loaves of bread

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Been going good. Finally moved back from Panama City to Tallahassee, which has been incredible to back in a first world city again. I feel terrible for the people and small businesses in PC and Mexico Beach, but I can’t lie it’s been nice being out of there.

Hot as hell, so not as much golf as I’d like but still playing decent amount. Got a good garden going with tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, and jalapenos—gonna make some homemade salsa and pizza sauce this fall. Oh and already made a couple good batches of boiled peanuts.

Wife is still in her graduate program so not doing any big trip this year. Couple weekends at the beach is all. But when she starts getting those nurse anesthetist paychecks in 2020 we will definitely be heading out of country again.

Looking forward to The Open Championship and Wimbledon.

Taught an online class in May. Went to Vegas in early June and crushed some poker games. Even won some money playing blackjack. Teaching another online class in July. Mostly been working out, hanging at the pool, playing some golf, and reading. Doing a little work on research and writing but mostly laying low. Heading to NC and Kansas later this summer to see family and friends.

Hate to hear that. Hope you get better, man.
Thank ya schooner. On my way to work....felt "off". Wife took me to the ER----And here we are---again. THough not as serious(I don't think) as last time. I know my stress test apparently came back abnormal, and my cardiologist has ordered a heart cath for tomorrow.

I got a dry tuggy from my girlfriend today after work so all in all it’s been good so far!

Reactions: JimboBBN
The weather has been so shiddy where i live, I give summer a solid meh. For instance, I love to grill. I bought a 30 pound bag of lump charcoal in May. Still haven't touched it. (I had other charcoal to use up, so I have been grilling. But, i shoulda been on my 3rd bag of the good lump by now).

Bachelor party in Chicago late July. Have suite on rooftops at Wrigley. Flying to meet fiancée in Boston from there. Then back to NYC. Went to NYC for first time last week. Couldn’t get outside of lower Manhattan due to work. Was like getting to hookup with a super model and getting blue balls. Great god damned city.

It's nice in the evenings after the masses have left. Wouldn't trade it for the mountains, that's for sure. Mountains (to me) are nice weekend Fall trips.
This weekend when it's 93 with 93% humidity at the beach. It will be 75 with sub 70% humidity in the mountains. Fall is only pretty with the leaves for about 2 weeks and it can snow about anytime between Halloween and May 1st.

This weekend when it's 93 with 93% humidity at the beach. It will be 75 with sub 70% humidity in the mountains. Fall is only pretty with the leaves for about 2 weeks and it can snow about anytime between Halloween and May 1st.
75 is nice. In December. This is summer bro. Give me the heat.

75 is nice. In December. This is summer bro. Give me the heat.
75 is nice year around and that is why you go the beach right after the summer. Water is still warm as well. You have no sensibility about it because you live at the beach. You are simply out of touch due to your beach privilege.

Pretty great so far. Just got back from the beach and playing a crapload of golf as well. Been busy with my boy's baseball but that's just part of it.
My knee surgery has kept me out a month already and another month plus ahead. Trying to get back into sports come August. I miss playing golf and basketball like crazy

Been going good. Finally moved back from Panama City to Tallahassee, which has been incredible to back in a first world city again. I feel terrible for the people and small businesses in PC and Mexico Beach, but I can’t lie it’s been nice being out of there.

Hot as hell, so not as much golf as I’d like but still playing decent amount. Got a good garden going with tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, and jalapenos—gonna make some homemade salsa and pizza sauce this fall. Oh and already made a couple good batches of boiled peanuts.

Wife is still in her graduate program so not doing any big trip this year. Couple weekends at the beach is all. But when she starts getting those nurse anesthetist paychecks in 2020 we will definitely be heading out of country again.

Looking forward to The Open Championship and Wimbledon.
Yessir. Hoping Tiger can get number two on the year

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just got back from a Cali trip (LA and SF) for work. San Francisco is everything you think it is, good and bad. I haven't seen that many homeless people since the last bad storm in NYC (and then only in the subways so they can keep warm), but I was walking through some bad neighborhoods on the way to the courthouse.

Finally found a buyer for our house, which means our contingent purchase of another house is likely to go through in the next month or two. So a summer of packing and moving, followed by about a year of being house poor (i.e. build savings back up a bit), but all in all it's a great change for us.

My knee surgery has kept me out a month already and another month plus ahead. Trying to get back into sports come August. I miss playing golf and basketball like crazy

I quit all sports other than golf a few years ago. Just not worth the chance of getting injured and missing golf to me at this point in my life.

I quit all sports other than golf a few years ago. Just not worth the chance of getting injured and missing golf to me at this point in my life.
I love basketball too much to give it up at this point. If things don’t get better I may end up having to go your way. It would absolutely gut me, though.

You are still young, though the injuries suck for sure. I played softball, basketball, and volleyball pretty consistently until my early 30s. I kept playing some basketball until about 36 or so. Then my achiles started hurting when I played and my mother snapped hers in her 30s while playing basketball so figured that was an omen and it was time to stop.

26 is the new 40. Three torn menisci and 2 surgeries before 30. Not looking great

I had an ACL rupture and torn meniscus in my 20s, then a reinjury that tore up all the cartilage and required another surgery. I'm 40 now and I can't run without my knee swelling the next day, I can't really play basketball without a bad following week, and I think I have about 15 more years before a house with stairs is more trouble than it's worth. I was lucky enough to get disability through the VA. The money's not much but nice, but there are ancillary benefits that come with the territory, so that's nice.

I had an ACL rupture and torn meniscus in my 20s, then a reinjury that tore up all the cartilage and required another surgery. I'm 40 now and I can't run without my knee swelling the next day, I can't really play basketball without a bad following week, and I think I have about 15 more years before a house with stairs is more trouble than it's worth. I was lucky enough to get disability through the VA. The money's not much but nice, but there are ancillary benefits that come with the territory, so that's nice.
Yea, your post doesn’t make me much of an optimist Laughing it definitely sucks. I’m hoping this latest surgery will be my last one, but I’m much too stubborn to quit my favorite sports this year. If I go out with one leg, so be it

College orientation for my oldest. A little over a month before she moves into the dorm. My wife and I are totally confident in her choices, ability, maturity, etc, but we're just going to miss her so much.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
College orientation for my oldest. A little over a month before she moves into the dorm. My wife and I are totally confident in her choices, ability, maturity, etc, but we're just going to miss her so much.

Congrats! Where’s she going?

Good luck to her. It's usually harder on the parents, as the older we get, change is harder to endure.

Yea, your post doesn’t make me much of an optimist Laughing it definitely sucks. I’m hoping this latest surgery will be my last one, but I’m much too stubborn to quit my favorite sports this year. If I go out with one leg, so be it

It's not so bad. As my wife can attest, I'm pretty whiny.

Idk what part of the mountains your in but it’s been 90 all week and humid

Wow, I think I was trying to say I would love to get hammered with you Laughing
Laughing I wasn't sure, I deciphered the best I could. Also, i'm sure if we got hammered together we'd be a mess. Next time I'm up visiting, I'll let you know. My family don't live that far from Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT