ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone having a good summer so far?

Had another baby boy 2 weeks ago--life is busy, but good. Kansas has gotten an epic amount of storms/rain, so Ive spent a ton of time mowing and cutting up downed trees and limbs. Im ready to relax in the pool and blow a few things up for the neighborhood get together.

Going to be in Philadelphia in two weeks to visit family. That Friday through the following weekend we will be in Baltimore staying with some friends. Going to two Orioles games, getting drunk and watching street fights. There are always street fights when we go to Baltimore. Maybe @bMORE607 can give us a good restaurant recommendation. We always ho to the same places.

Work sucks. But it is nice to be able to jump in the ocean afterwards. The water has been really nice.

Was not there, but this picture was taken right where we normally are on Sundays. But I was on call. Could have gone swimming with a waterspout.

Q3UADJUP4NH5DMF5CFEB6DXSGU.PNG

Reactions: JimboBBN
Going to be in Philadelphia in two weeks to visit family. That Friday through the following weekend we will be in Baltimore staying with some friends. Going to two Orioles games, getting drunk and watching street fights. There are always street fights when we go to Baltimore. Maybe @bMORE607 can give us a good restaurant recommendation. We always ho to the same places.

Work sucks. But it is nice to be able to jump in the ocean afterwards. The water has been really nice.

What games you going to? And what type of food are you looking for?

Had another baby boy 2 weeks ago--life is busy, but good. Kansas has gotten an epic amount of storms/rain, so Ive spent a ton of time mowing and cutting up downed trees and limbs. Im ready to relax in the pool and blow a few things up for the neighborhood get together.
Congrats, man! That’s awesome. Happy for you.

As far as the weather, much of the same in Kentucky. It has gone almost an entire year without a full week without rain. Was at my lake last weekend and the water was probably 15 feet above summer pool

Yesterday was the first day in a week it wasn’t over 100 here.

It’s hot so that means it’s time to GTFO when I can. Several trips planned in mind. Only 2 scheduled though.
I had to do a double take, as well. Snowboarding in late June is pretty nuts if you think about it, obviously makes sense if you are in the right part of the country.

90+ and humid all week here. It’s disgusting.

What is your usual spot and I’m assuming since you post on the mainboard price isn’t an issue.
We've never been to a real nice restaurant in Baltimore. Our friend usually just takes us to her faver bar/restaurants. Which we always enjoy, but my wife is in my ear about going to a higher end seafood restaurant this time because she keeps hearing about the crabcakes she is missing out on.

We've been to Mcshay's (something like that) and Sliders. Those are the only two I can remember if I am remembering them correctly. Last time we were there, my wife and I ended up closing down a bar that was closer to the monument near where our friend lives. No clue what the name of the bar was or if the food was good. But we were drunk enough to think that they had the best fried chimichangas ever. Not like Mexican restaurant style chimichangas, more like an egg roll almost.

I'm just trying to get out of the heat. Was just in San Diego for a week. Flying to Bali tomorrow for a week. Back to San Diego for the 4th, and then closing on a house out there the following week. Then back to the Phoenix heat for our baby shower the week after that, with our baby boy due to arrive a month later on August 20th.

We've never been to a real nice restaurant in Baltimore. Our friend usually just takes us to her faver bar/restaurants. Which we always enjoy, but my wife is in my ear about going to a higher end seafood restaurant this time because she keeps hearing about the crabcakes she is missing out on.

We've been to Mcshay's (something like that) and Sliders. Those are the only two I can remember if I am remembering them correctly. Last time we were there, my wife and I ended up closing down a bar that was closer to the monument near where our friend lives. No clue what the name of the bar was or if the food was good. But we were drunk enough to think that they had the best fried chimichangas ever. Not like Mexican restaurant style chimichangas, more like an egg roll almost.

Go to McCormick & Schmicks, it checks off a lot of boxes for you.

1) good seafood with variety
2) somewhat upscale
3) actually in a safe place so you shouldn’t die

Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse is also pretty good, a little more pricey and its more of a steakhouse with few seafood options.

Mama’s on the half shell if you’re looking for a good crab cake in a little more relaxed place, also a bar you can close down again. Pretty sure the kitchen doesn’t stay open all night though. Jimmy’s famous seafood also is an option, but I prefer Mama’s.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I was on the show Impractical Jokers the other day. That was random. Traveling the country come August.

One of my favorite shows. You’ll have to let me know when it’s aired or at least what happened

Reactions: bkingUK
You triangle people are a bunch of pussies. I guess I would be too if I didn't live by the ocean.
You can have the ocean between Memorial Day and Labor Day in NC. I will take the mountains , best time for the beach is after labor day thru mid/late October. No masses of sh!theads everywhere.

One of my favorite shows. You’ll have to let me know when it’s aired or at least what happened

I’m not sure they’ll show me, but I was in audience. I was at a data science conference in Manhattan and Steve Wozniak spoke a few hours before.

I was maybe three rows behind him and noticed him walk in. No one around me had a clue. They introduced him as Dr. Dexter Fowler. At one point I started making confused faces knowing it was being recorded.

The early part of my summer was spent waiting to see if I was going to need to have surgery but I found out last week that I won’t need to have surgery. I also became a great uncle for the second time on June 9th. Since i know I won’t need to have surgery the vacation plans that we had that were put on hold are now set and we’re going to Myrtle Beach July 13th-20th.

Was going smooth........Now back in the hospital, over my heart----again.
I hope all turns out well. My dad was in the hospital this past weekend after having a heart attack Friday. It turned out that a stint that was put in when he had a heart attack in 2010 was blocked. So they unblocked that stint and then put a second stint in next to it.

Going great. On my way to getting ripped. Turned 20 today. It’s unbelievable how much has changed in a year and a half. From 230 lbs to 163 today, it’s awesome.

Taking a few online summer courses, got a PT job, and so i have plenty of time to get the weight training in. Guess you could say im livin’ the life

Pretty great so far. Just got back from the beach and playing a crapload of golf as well. Been busy with my boy's baseball but that's just part of it.

You can have the ocean between Memorial Day and Labor Day in NC. I will take the mountains , best time for the beach is after labor day thru mid/late October. No masses of sh!theads everywhere.
It's nice in the evenings after the masses have left. Wouldn't trade it for the mountains, that's for sure. Mountains (to me) are nice weekend Fall trips.

Golfing is one of my passioma and it’s gone straight from rainy/windy/cooler temps to 90 and hot. No in between. Bad weather and it’s almost July!

Two weeks into a three week camp to start my summer. Working with some good students this year.

Wife and I are going to four weddings this summer, the first is in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Should be fun. The next two are in mid July on back to back days. Wife is a bridesmaid in one and a matron of honor in the other, luckily they're both in the area so we don't have to travel. Last wedding is at the end of July in Mobile.

We'll also be travelling to Massachusetts to see wife's grandmother. She's 97 and the only grandparent either of us has left, so we take every chance we get to see her. Between the weddings and going to Massachusetts, will be a lot of traveling. A busy but very fun summer!

If you don't want crazy busy beaches you have to just know where to go. The last few years we have either gone to Tybee Island or Seagrove beach and neither have so many people that is annoys you. But yeah, if you try and roll with Panama City around the fourth of July or something it is going to be crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT