ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery to UK

The problem is simple. Cal talks about wanting older guys on the team.....then stop recruiting over the current players. We all know good and well that EJ would be starting over Jones next year. That is a given. Jones got tired of it and left. He can't develop if he's consistently being recruited over. Jones finally figured it out......I read what Cal said about Jones departure talking about how he thought that Jones was basically about to break out. Then why recruit over him is my question and Im sure most realistic Uk fans would like to ask the same...
There's 13 scholarships to fill. Every coach recruits multiple players who play the same position. It really is simple, but it's not a problem.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
JMM was engaged & later married a UNC volleyball player. He returned for his junior year for her not Roy.
Roy’s job is to win games for the University of North Carolina not walk around the green room at the mad draft with a hard on like Cal.
Unlike you, I hope Little stays & plays at Carolina for 4 years. Im a Carolina fan, not a nba draft night fan.

roy4_1_medium.jpg

I read what Cal said about Jones departure talking about how he thought that Jones was basically about to break out. Then why recruit over him is my question and Im sure most realistic Uk fans would like to ask the same...
I think SKJ was developing nicely. Hate to see him leave. Seems like a great kid. Cal is still going to recruit elite talent, and give everyone a chance to claim the lion's share of the minutes based on results per game. Shai Gilgeous Alexander took the starting spot from Quade Green midseason under those very circumstances.

I think SKJ could have been like Derek Willis was his jr. season. He was recruited over, but he fought his way into respectable minutes and performance. Not a bad policy, but it's unfortunate because some players develop at a different rate. It's more or less insurance should that player's improvement not equal the incoming recruit's innate abilities.

Wherever SKJ lands, I'll remain a fan of his.

I still think it's probably naive to think we don't lose another front court player.

Still think Gabriel is the most important potential returnee because he does something none of the rest of them can do. Plus he has the most experience.

After that I'd go with Washington. He has the potential to be a terrific college power forward.
MOntana I think he stays in the draft. IMO, he will be highly impressive at the combine. All the skills in the world. THink he gets 1st round feed back, and remains in the draft.

MOntana I think he stays in the draft. IMO, he will be highly impressive at the combine. All the skills in the world. THink he gets 1st round feed back, and remains in the draft.

With a 7'3 wing span and a 43" vertical it's certainly possible.

Reactions: KisteK
His dad said it would take a first round guarantee for him to stay in the draft. His dad coaches Findlay Prep so it's not like they're in any need for money.

His dad said it would take a first round guarantee for him to stay in the draft. His dad coaches Findlay Prep so it's not like they're in any need for money.
Need or not, where else you going to get that type of money? I hear people say a lot-----"he doesn't need the money. Family has money". This or that. Well, I doubt dad is making 7 figures. Or has a shoe contract,etc, etc..A guy with Washingtons skill set, and physical attributes, will have scouts salivating at the combine.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Lmfao at Duke and UK fans arguing over who has the #1 recruiting class. Remember when it was all about winning championships, not recruiting.

EJ to UK.............Langford to IU?SmokinSmile Some will get this........Others will not.

The problem is simple. Cal talks about wanting older guys on the team.....then stop recruiting over the current players. We all know good and well that EJ would be starting over Jones next year. That is a given. Jones got tired of it and left. He can't develop if he's consistently being recruited over. Jones finally figured it out......I read what Cal said about Jones departure talking about how he thought that Jones was basically about to break out. Then why recruit over him is my question and Im sure most realistic Uk fans would like to ask the same...
The same reason Pitino recruited over several players when he was at UK and in 1996 he had a 9-10 player rotation because the players he recruited over stayed. It is not recruiting over someone if they feel they are good enough to play they will stay. Cal recruits the best players he can get.

That’s an amazing pic. I’ve got to admit that I’ve never watched the nba draft. All I’ve ever been told on here is that Roy ruins kids, he holds them back, their stock drops, etc....
I’m just in disbelief that Roy could produce 4 first round draft pics.
Good job!!!!!

That’s an amazing pic. I’ve got to admit that I’ve never watched the nba draft. All I’ve ever been told on here is that Roy ruins kids, he holds them back, their stock drops, etc....
I’m just in disbelief that Roy could produce 4 first round draft pics.
Good job!!!!!
That was 2012, Roy was able to go to the Elite 8 that year with those 4 first round draft picks. Heck of a job.

Roy is the man for sure.
I am glad UK and UNC was able to play that year. I know some UNC fans hate they wasn't able to get a rematch. They were a good team no doubt.

Anyway, only reason I posted that pic was due to someone talking about how Roy doesn't go to the draft, all the while saying they don't watch the draft. o_O

Reactions: Quavarius
I am glad UK and UNC was able to play that year. I know some UNC fans hate they wasn't able to get a rematch. They were a good team no doubt.

Anyway, only reason I posted that pic was due to someone talking about how Roy doesn't go to the draft, all the while saying they don't watch the draft. o_O
Just going by what I was always told on here.

I would have loved to play UK again. I think they would have as well. I'm not saying they would have beaten them though. I think they could have given them a game and had a chance but that UK team was really good.

You can be a great coach when your players don't have to go to class and can spend all that time practicing.

Pretty sure Roy followed the NCAA's practice rules or else they could have gotten into some trouble.

Reactions: Montana81
So Kentucky will be stacked as of now. Gabriel will probably go pro though. Question is Vanderbilt. Hagans likely waiting out Diallo.

Best case is probably:

Quickley / Green
Herro / Hagans (likely) / Baker

UK SF will be:

Vanderbilt / Johnson

UK front court will be:

Washington / Montgomery / Richards

Last edited:
So Kentucky will be stacked as of now. Gabriel will probably go pro though. Question is Vanderbilt. Hagans likely waiting out Diallo.

Best case is probably:

Quickley / Green
Herro / Hagans (likely) / Baker

UK SF will be:

Vanderbilt / Johnson

UK front court will be:

Washington / Montgomery (sic) / Richards

If anyone dares to say platoon, so help me...

k6pwFt.gif

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT