ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari and Romeo Langford's dad

I will gladly tell you why. Teenagers think they know everything, and actually don't know crap about anything, they have not had enough time to know what the questions are. Youngsters should be seen, not heard. That was how I was raised, with respect for your elders.

Old, maybe but not dumb.

Does Indiana want a kid whose father thinks he should coach the team? How does that usually work out genius child?

Did either of you notice the first line of the article?... "Romeo Langford entered the timeout huddle, his team down big, and the impression he got was that his coach wasn’t in control."

This is what he told his dad after the tournament was over. He didn't challenge Calipari in the huddle or say this publicly. He said it to his dad days later, like any kid would likely do after an experience like that. However his dad handled that is on him, not his son. You didn't seem to mind when Trey Lyles' dad was running his mouth off about IU a few years ago but you're offended now?

And BTW, that's a pretty mature observation for a 17 year old kid. Cal's always been shaky with keeping his team calm when in-game adversity strikes. You both know this, right?

He is a homosexual.

giphy.gif

He sent me this picture of he and some his friends camping out preseason. I'm cool with it. Must have been having trouble putting that multicolor tent together though because he kept saying he wanted "longer poles that go deeper!" Was probably a good time.

030408-lg-34prideparade7.jpg

Last edited:
Did either of you notice the first line of the article?... "Romeo Langford entered the timeout huddle, his team down big, and the impression he got was that his coach wasn’t in control."

This is what he told his dad after the tournament was over. He didn't challenge Calipari in the huddle or say this publicly. He said it to his dad days later, like any kid would likely do after an experience like that. However his dad handled that is on him, not his son. You didn't seem to mind when Trey Lyles' dad was running his mouth off about IU a few years ago but you're offended now?

And BTW, that's a pretty mature observation for a 17 year old kid. Cal's always been shaky with keeping his team calm when in-game adversity strikes. You both know this, right?

What did Trey Lyle's dad say about IU?

What did Trey Lyle's dad say about IU?

He said Crean would no longer talk to them after Trey de-committed.

He kept threatening to sue Dan Dakich after Dakich claimed on his radio show that multiple 'coaches' had told him about some shady recruiting UK/Lyles were involved in.

And he liked to talk about how bad IU fans were to his family.

The spring and summer of 2014 was a circus with this guy.

Wasn't this an issue with the Harrisons part of their freshman year?

from what i read at the time their dad told them Cal was the coach and listen to him
BTW it was just one of them that had an attitude that had to be corrected

Reactions: tw3301
Never fails. They do it with every recruit who doesn't go to UK. Or if if something negative is said. Kids probably the best scoring wing/guard in this class. Yet they didn't want him anyways. Cal saw his flaws, etc,etc...
He could help carry IU to the NIT. That would be a big improvement

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
"They make you work too hard?" ... Yes, that sounds like an irrational assumption and makes you seem triggered. That comment falls right in line with most of the UK fan comments.

You have no idea what he might've noticed on his visit to CH, and neither do I, but I'm fairly certain that 'too much hard work' was not his reason for cutting UNC from his list.

I do know what goes on at practices at UNC. The 'work too hard' wasn't really serious. I didn't think anyone would take it so literally. I have no issues with a kid thinking he wouldn't enjoy practices at a certain pace or executed a certain way anyway. Just seems like an excuse for other reasons you wouldn't prefer to go somewhere, especially when one feels the need to express it verbally. It doesn't make the dude a terrible person. I'm sure he is a great kid. He is definitely a great player.

Again, if you think I'm triggered you need to get on some of the IU fans who seem way more irritated and defensive than me. You won't though.

ADVERTISEMENT