ADVERTISEMENT

Duke giving Austin all they can handle.

White is what he is and brings invaluable toughness and leadership. He's arguably reached his plateau, give or take a couple ticks higher of a 3FG%, and I'm fine with that.

I swear DeLaurier and McConnell have regressed, though. McConnell has been unable to make a shot far too long to just be cold.
DeLaurier is worse than he's ever been.

Reactions: WojoRising
Eh, what can you do. Sometimes a team loses. Honestly, it’s not like anyone who watched this Duke team really thought they were a number one team... only two reliable scorers, and role players who largely haven’t developed or gotten any better... that win vs Kansas was luck as much as anything else. A loss teaches a lot more than a win, and at this point it’s more important for this team to learn, because they need it. Fingers crossed K can figure out how to smooth out the offense and make it more efficient.
who's the second reliable scorer?

I'll take the blame, had to be up at 3 am this morning so I turned the game off when Duke was up like 11 in the first half. First game I haven't watched in like 10 years, my bad.

In the few minutes I watched it looked like Wendell Moore was shaving points, believe he turned the ball over like 3 possessions in a row. Oh well, the fact that this team was ranked #1 was a joke to begin with so hopefully this humbles the team a bit.

White is what he is and brings invaluable toughness and leadership. He's arguably reached his plateau, give or take a couple ticks higher of a 3FG%, and I'm fine with that.

I swear DeLaurier and McConnell have regressed, though. McConnell has been unable to make a shot far too long to just be cold.
O'Connell and yes he and DeLaurier have been bad. Like really bad. Delaurier looks like a cat on speed playing with a ball of yarn.

78197333_10156695111942694_6486920215044030464_n.jpg

who's the second reliable scorer?

I'll take the blame, had to be up at 3 am this morning so I turned the game off when Duke was up like 11 in the first half. First game I haven't watched in like 10 years, my bad.

In the few minutes I watched it looked like Wendell Moore was shaving points, believe he turned the ball over like 3 possessions in a row. Oh well, the fact that this team was ranked #1 was a joke to begin with so hopefully this humbles the team a bit.

Not sure which one you were assuming I meant, so I'd say our two are Tre and Vernon.

Coming into the year, I viewed Duke as a borderline top 10 team. Nothing I’ve seen has changed that opinion.

Coming into the year, I viewed Duke as a borderline top 10 team. Nothing I’ve seen has changed that opinion.
Pretty much. Although losing to SFA makes me question the legitimacy of being top 10. They started the season ranked 4th simply for ratings. They made it to number 1 by default. They have lots of room to improve, but right now this is a sweet 16 team on a good day.

Check out Goodman's new top 25.

4- Virginia
8- Kansas
13- Duke
17- Kentucky
Unranked- Michigan State

I like Virginia, but I would be surprised as ever if they finish the year in the top 5. And MSU out of the top 25? That's cray-cray.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I'm honestly as excited for this as I was the potential MSU KU game. Dayton looks great.
I sure as shit hope they cool off after last night. They would have been very tough to beat last night against any opponent. We will need to put up some points

Reactions: WojoRising
Check out Goodman's new top 25.

4- Virginia
8- Kansas
13- Duke
17- Kentucky
Unranked- Michigan State

I like Virginia, but I would be surprised as ever if they finish the year in the top 5. And MSU out of the top 25? That's cray-cray.

I understand the reservations about UVA but this is a historically good defense so far. Fewest points given up through 6 games in the shot clock era. We've given up 256 points in 6 games. That's insane. And we've played 3 top 80 Kenpom teams so it's not complete cupcake city either.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I understand the reservations about UVA but this is a historically good defense so far. Fewest points given up through 6 games in the shot clock era. We've given up 256 points in 6 games. That's insane. And we've played 3 top 80 Kenpom teams so it's not complete cupcake city either.

Defense is super impressive. And still capable of beating anyone. Just not sure if there are enough offensive weapons in the backcourt - especially if UVA is forced to hit a lot of shots from the perimeter. Morsell at least showed promise in the ASU game. Still a good team, but yes, I definitely have reservations about them.

Reactions: jhmossy
No chance. Anthony might go for 40+.

I hope. I have no confidence in UNC. They have looked pretty pedestrian and have the worst offensive start in the Roy Williams era here.

Laughing That's the spirit. I said after our loss that this board was the best part about losing and something about gapping assholes is proper etiquette.

I like this angle better.

It is easier to just role with it after a lose. Come here and make fun of yourself and it's better.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Defense is super impressive. And still capable of beating anyone. Just not sure if there are enough offensive weapons in the backcourt - especially if UVA is forced to hit a lot of shots from the perimeter. Morsell at least showed promise in the ASU game. Still a good team, but yes, I definitely have reservations about them.

We won against ASU and we gave up a 19-0 run LOL. How is that even possible?

3 point shooting is definitely a concern but I also believe that we'll improve. We won't be anywhere near what we were last year but I also don't think we have to be. We have the best 3 point shooter in NCAA history as our coach. Guys will improve from the perimeter. None of the guards have broken shots. Couple that with what's looking to be a down year across the country and UVA could be a 2nd weekend team in March. Could easily see us flaming out in the 1st round though.

This is a house money gap year. Next year we should be REALLY good.

We won against ASU and we gave up a 19-0 run LOL. How is that even possible?

3 point shooting is definitely a concern but I also believe that we'll improve. We won't be anywhere near what we were last year but I also don't think we have to be. We have the best 3 point shooter in NCAA history as our coach. Guys will improve from the perimeter. Couple that with what's looking to be a down year across the country and UVA could be a 2nd weekend team in March. Could easily see us flaming out in the 1st round though.

This is a house money gap year. Next year we should be REALLY good.

I feel like every statement I've made so far this season has been wrong. Nothing goes according to plan. So I'm probably wrong here, too.

I do believe it is a down year in college basketball. So going top 5/10 probably isn't far-fetched. And yes, next year with the incoming class and Sam Hauser, UVA could have something special. ACC in general in going to be loaded next year. Of the top 50 recruits, 40 have committed, and 15 are ACC bound.

Reactions: jhmossy
I feel like every statement I've made so far this season has been wrong. Nothing goes according to plan. So I'm probably wrong here, too.

I do believe it is a down year in college basketball. So going top 5/10 probably isn't far-fetched. And yes, next year with the incoming class and Sam Hauser, UVA could have something special. ACC in general in going to be loaded next year. Of the top 50 recruits, 40 have committed, and 15 are ACC bound.

source.gif

Eh, what can you do. Sometimes a team loses. Honestly, it’s not like anyone who watched this Duke team really thought they were a number one team... only two reliable scorers, and role players who largely haven’t developed or gotten any better... that win vs Kansas was luck as much as anything else. A loss teaches a lot more than a win, and at this point it’s more important for this team to learn, because they need it. Fingers crossed K can figure out how to smooth out the offense and make it more efficient.
IDK if the KU win was luck. It looked to.me like Duke played harder and was better prepared.
When this duke team is clicking, they can beat anyone, but just like UK, KU and MSU, if not, anyone can heat them.
It truly is a down year this year.

Why do UK fans keep harping on the FT shooting disparity? If we'd made 75% of them, we would've comfortably won.

Are they saying we lost despite the refs trying to help us win? I'm really confused why this keeps getting brought up...we're a much more talented team with bigger athletes, of course we're going to be fouled more.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why do UK fans keep harping on the FT shooting disparity? If we'd made 75% of them, we would've comfortably won.

Are they saying we lost despite the refs trying to help us win? I'm really confused why this keeps getting brought up...we're a much more talented team with bigger athletes, of course we're going to be fouled more.
They say that every game, you shouldn't be confused.

I didn't get to watch, but this would have triggered me. Can't believe they called this a foul. I guess it offsets the double dribble by SFA on the last play.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT