ADVERTISEMENT

Duke giving Austin all they can handle.

If UK had lost to SFA and Duke had lost to Evansville I have an odd suspicion your take would change.

How would it change? We’re comparing a program that generally wins a lot of games and goes to the tourney (and has won tourney games over good teams) to a team that has done none of these things.

I said very little after the Evansville loss, but here you guys are piling on and trying to equate this to that. It’s not the same.

How would it change? We’re comparing a program that generally wins a lot of games and goes to the tourney (and has won tourney games over good teams) to a team that has done none of these things.

I said very little after the Evansville loss, but here you guys are piling on and trying to equate this to that. It’s not the same.

This duke loss was the biggest upset in the Kenpom era

You're the one that said they shot great with an abysmal 20% from 3pt. Don't get all triggered because someone pointed out what a hilariously bad take that was.

Did I say they shot well from outside? Is nearly 50% not a solid rate?

What’s not up for debate is that Evansville put the ball in the basket at an awful rate.

Wait, wait, wait.... you say SFA sucking ass last year doesn't matter because they "generally" win a lot of games, then in the same breath you compare past achievements? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

If UK had lost to SFA and Duke had lost to Evansville I have an odd suspicion your take would change.
I enjoy criticizing everything that Duke does just as much as the next guy, but to act like SFA and Evansville are comparable programs over the past decade is ridiculously laughable. I'm not saying that SFA has been on a Gonzaga, or Butler mid-major run, but they're at least consistently in the tournament.

I enjoy criticizing everything that Duke does just as much as the next guy, but to act like SFA and Evansville are comparable programs over the past decade is ridiculously laughable. I'm not saying that SFA has been on a Gonzaga, or Butler mid-major run, but they're at least consistently in the tournament.
Who has said they are comparable? I'll wait. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Well, I suppose the poll would change, just as it does every Monday.

So is the conspiracy real if they only drop 7 spots in comparison to Kentucky’s 8? Asking for a friend.

If it were up to me, a loss like that should knock you out of the top 10.

Basically what I am asking is if they only drop 7 spots, will you be ITT crying on Monday?

So is the conspiracy real if they only drop 7 spots in comparison to Kentucky’s 8? Asking for a friend.

Basically what I am asking is if they only drop 7 spots, will you be ITT crying on Monday?
I thought UK should have dropped out of the top 10 for sure, probably top 15.

No, because I don't expect them to even drop out of the top 5. I've already stated that.

SFA plays @ Bama in 10 days. Keep in mind Bama has lost to Penn and Rhode Island, so I guess we will see if the Jacks are legit.

Wait, wait, wait.... you say SFA sucking ass last year doesn't matter because they "generally" win a lot of games, then in the same breath you compare past achievements? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

I didn’t say it doesn’t matter. I’ve already said that SFA may well suck. The point is that they have a history of being a solid midmajor, so it’s easier to buy them being decent this year than Evansville.

Last edited:
I didn’t say it doesn’t matter. I’ve already said that SFA may well suck. The point is that they have a history of being a solid midmajor, so it’s easier to buy that them being decent this year than Evansville.
Nobody said Evansville didn't suck. We know that's the case since they're 2-3 since the UK game. The jury is still out on SFA. Also, the tournament wins you speak of (2 in the history of the school) happened under a different staff.

Reactions: kyjeff1
SFA might be terrible this year, I don’t know. I do know they’re a much, much better program than Evansville. And that spreads in early games like this are meaningless.

SFA at least shot well. And Duke shot 50% in the loss. Evansville wasn’t even hot that night.

Dude just stop! Both UK and Duke lost at home to teams that they should’ve beat by 50. We understand you hate UK but stop making up reasons why Dukes loss is not as bad as UK’s. They’re both horrible and embarrassing losses, end of story. It happens, that’s why college basketball is the best sport ever!!!

If you wanna see something funny, watch Matt Hurt on the final possession. It looks like he is a little girl afraid to get dirt on his white dress.

Also, Tre Jones just stops playing but since he played literally all 45 minutes, maybe he wanted the game to end.

If you wanna see something funny, watch Matt Hurt on the final possession. It looks like he is a little girl afraid to get dirt on his white dress.

Also, Tre Jones just stops playing but since he played literally all 45 minutes, maybe he wanted the game to end.
I just watched the last 10mins of the second half and OT (thanks youTV and your unlimited dvr), and you're one hundred percent right. He doesn't want to "get in the mud" even if the game's on the line.

It looks like Javin, McConnell and White haven’t improved much at all. Hurt isn’t going to give you anything in the paint and if Carey gets into foul trouble duke is gonna struggle.

It looks like Javin, McConnell and White haven’t improved much at all. Hurt isn’t going to give you anything in the paint and if Carey gets into foul trouble duke is gonna struggle.
I was surprised why Duke didn't pound it inside to Carey more. Especially with all the Austin foul trouble.

I was surprised why Duke didn't pound it inside to Carey more. Especially with all the Austin foul trouble.

Carey was 4-11 from the FT line, his teammates weren’t any better. Congrats dukies, you have the honor for being the biggest favorite at home to lose. Winking

Eh, what can you do. Sometimes a team loses. Honestly, it’s not like anyone who watched this Duke team really thought they were a number one team... only two reliable scorers, and role players who largely haven’t developed or gotten any better... that win vs Kansas was luck as much as anything else. A loss teaches a lot more than a win, and at this point it’s more important for this team to learn, because they need it. Fingers crossed K can figure out how to smooth out the offense and make it more efficient.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Yes we did. At home, to a 25 point dog. While ranked #1.

Horrible loss, I don't know how it could get worse.

Duke really does try and one up us on everything. Winking

First K copies Cal with the whole “multiple OAD” thing, then he copies Cal with the whole “pro day” thing, and now this?!

(Actually, this one he should have skipped.)

White is what he is and brings invaluable toughness and leadership. He's arguably reached his plateau, give or take a couple ticks higher of a 3FG%, and I'm fine with that.

I swear DeLaurier and McConnell have regressed, though. McConnell has been unable to make a shot far too long to just be cold.

ADVERTISEMENT