ADVERTISEMENT

Duke giving Austin all they can handle.

It seems like that happens all the time. K likely told him to initiate early so they could get a shot at an offense board. I will never understand that. Make sure you get the LAST shot, no matter what. No excuse to lose in that situation. Should've been 2 OT at worst.
Absolutely. It's a stupid strategy, especially given how the game had gone.

Anyway, not sure if anybody is watching these interviews, but what a likable SFA team

We deserved to lose that game...missing FTs, ungodly amount of turnovers and then not holding the ball to the last second to send it to 2nd OT at worst???

One of the most impressive streaks in all of sports, Duke's nonconference home winning streak at Cameron, is now over.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
We deserved to lose that game...missing FTs, ungodly amount of turnovers and then not holding the ball to the last second to send it to 2nd OT at worst???

One of the most impressive streaks in all of sports, Duke's nonconference home winning streak at Cameron, is now over.
What was the streak up to?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What was the streak up to?
Duke last lost a game in Cameron to a non-conference team to St. Johns on February 26th, 2000.

This is almost as devastating to me as an Elite 8 tournament loss because of how impressive that streak was.

Time to try to start another one. :(:(:(

And that's why they play the games.
This takes a little bit of the sting off UK's loss to Evansville, but it's still November. Duke, UK and MSU have the goods needed to win it all and those three teams will be tough as hell by March.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I didn't watch any of it but I think it just goes to show that there is just a lot of disparity this year. There isn't a group of elite teams this year like usual.

Disparity? Is that a reference?

The Champion's Classic teams started the year 1-2-3-4 and three of the 4 teams haven now lost to unranked teams before December. Don't think anyone saw that coming.

Yup the natty is truly wide open this year. Kansas is super big and strong with athletic guards but they play dumb at times. Duke has a ton of talent like UK but very young. For MSU, will the young guys step up to replace Langfords scoring?

Reactions: RockChalkRally
It's a tough loss for Duke, no doubt. That said, Stephen F. Austin is a solid team and they have been when Brad Underwood was the head coach there. It's a November basketball game, but it was one helluva game regardless.

Duke shot 40 FT's to SFA's 17 and attempted 5 more 3's. Interesting
We might have shot 40 free throws but we missed 16 of those free throws. We were 13-16 from the free throw line in the first half but we were only 11-24 from the free throw line in the second half and overtime.

We might have shot 40 free throws but we missed 16 of those free throws. We were 13-16 from the free throw line in the first half but we were only 11-24 from the free throw line in the second half and overtime.
Ok, but you still shot 23 more than your opponent who attempted 5 fewer 3's

ADVERTISEMENT