ADVERTISEMENT

Duke’s opponents lack of 3-point shooting

Yeah, that was a terrible take. Duke is hit or miss on defense...? Duke was number one in the country in D per KenPom for a while, and is now #5.

I know we overtook Virginia for a while (until Tre got hurt), but I didn't realize we were ahead of TT and UM.

Basketball season just started....
Doesn't it start right after National Signing Day

You were here quite frequently in November pumping up Shaka and your horns. Then y’all underachieved per usual and you disappeared.

Basketball season never ends. It just takes breaks.

Reactions: Quavarius
Yeah, that was a terrible take. Duke is hit or miss on defense...? Duke was number one in the country in D per KenPom for a while, and is now #5.

Do you understand what hit or miss means....
Duke is aggressive and creates turnovers.
Problem is if those turnovers don't come teams can get easy baskets
Like what you saw with Gonzaga and even when they played Texas Tech.

Do you understand what hit or miss means....
Duke is aggressive and creates turnovers.
Problem is if those turnovers don't come teams can get easy baskets
Like what you saw with Gonzaga and even when they played Texas Tech.

I do understand what hit or miss means.

I don’t see any particular stat about Duke being hit or miss on D. In fact, most stats point to Duke being more “hit” than nearly every other team in the country.

I do understand what hit or miss means.

I don’t see any particular stat about Duke being hit or miss on D. In fact, most stats point to Duke being more “hit” than nearly every other team in the country.

Stats in college sports are worthless because schools don't play the same schedule.
In conference play they are relevant in conferences like the Big XII.

Duke is a good aggressive D. Don't get me wrong. But they also play a lot of 4 on 5 because they are left chasing the ball.

Stats in college sports are worthless because schools don't play the same schedule.
In conference play they are relevant in conferences like the Big XII.

Duke is a good aggressive D. Don't get me wrong. But they also play a lot of 4 on 5 because they are left chasing the ball.

Having watched every second of Duke’s games this year, going back to the Canada trip, I haven’t seen that. When they jump out to try to steal a pass, they seem to be successful far more than not.

Agreed, especially if we let teams shoot above 29% from 3 while we shoot our season average, we definitely will lose.
Duke is not losing. Too many good players, very good defense and can adjust to any defense by the other team.

Duke is not losing. Too many good players, very good defense and can adjust to any defense by the other team.
Well unless we play a team with experienced athletic guards, then Duke is ****ed.

Reactions: dukiejay
Would it surprise you to learn that Duke rates 5th nationally in foul rate? Meaning, only 4 teams commit LESS fouls per possession than Duke.

It truly is remarkable. They lead the country in both block percentage and steals percentage, while fouling less than almost anyone else.

How can a team play with such aggression and yet never touch anyone?

It’s no wonder that Coach K is considered the best defensive coach of all time. To teach a team of freshmen to trap and harass all over the court without touching anyone is a thing of beauty. They play with such reckless abandon, it’s almost as if they never expect to hear a whistle blow.

Such confidence can only be attributed to...coaching.

Was wondering how I missed that dime. Pretty pathetic.
That is literally a direct copy and past from some turd on RR. Looked at that board this morning, about 6 threads on the first page about Duke... One was about how they would be pulling for Louisville to beat Duke. What a rivalry.

That is literally a direct copy and past from some turd on RR. Looked at that board this morning, about 6 threads on the first page about Duke... One was about how they would be pulling for Louisville to beat Duke. What a rivalry.
I don't usually, but just ventured over there. Saw this one in the thread, will Duke jump Tennessee for number one, or something like that.

IndyCat1995Freshman New

"They shouldn’t. But feel like it might happen. Just to shaft UK and take away an opportunity to beat #1"

WTF? The world is so out to get UK that they would drop Tennessee from number one just to shaft UK?? What!!!?

Reactions: tw3301

Well, that’s not true. Any team can lose. But I like our odds, insomuchas odds can be liked.

I don't usually, but just ventured over there. Saw this one in the thread, will Duke jump Tennessee for number one, or something like that.

IndyCat1995Freshman New

"They shouldn’t. But feel like it might happen. Just to shaft UK and take away an opportunity to beat #1"

WTF? The world is so out to get UK that they would drop Tennessee from number one just to shaft UK?? What!!!?

The Duke hate over there among a particular class of poster is unthinkingly rabid. And it is at a real paranoid high right now.

Btw... there are a lot of metrics about this Duke team that I like. The fact that they do not foul is awesome. Great athleticism, great IQ, great nose for the ball, damn good team.

ADVERTISEMENT