ADVERTISEMENT

Does FSU win their 8th straight vs UF?

nole96

Oct 9, 2002
No team has ever won 8 straight in this series, but FSU is going for that today. The series hasn't been close, as FSU's average margin of victory has been double digits.

UF opened a 1 point favorite, but I've seen the line move to a pick'em and even FSU -1 in some places. Both teams look COMPLETELY different from last year, especially UF, and I really don't know what to expect. But I do know that UF's Colin Castleton is going to be a handful inside for us. We don't have quite what we used to inside. If UF refuses to get bullied in the paint like normal, I can see them ending the streak here, esp. with the home crowd.

Reactions: rdgtr
No one knows what to expect from Florida so I say yes. There seems to be a buy in to play defense and pass the ball. But White’s lack of an effective offensive system could sink any team.

Reactions: rdgtr and nole96
The ESPN predictor has Florida winning this game 69%, that’s surprising to me. Sagarin has FSU by 2pts.

Reactions: nole96
A week ago KenPom had UF by 4. But the Vegas line is FSU -1.5. So something is up.

UF has plenty of talent, per usual. But as @FlGator22 mentioned, what’s the system Mike wants to run? What can they hang their hat on?

Certainly UF will end the streak at some point. And who knows it could be today. But until I see UF play with more toughness and fully embracing whatever style it is they want to embrace, I’m going with FSU.

Noles 77
UF 70

Reactions: rdgtr and FlGator22
Reactions: GE Nole and nole96
Refs not calling this consistently at all. They can’t decide if they are gonna let them play or be ticky tacky. Gonna be tough for either team to get in a groove.

Reactions: GE Nole
I’m gonna have to step out for most of the afternoon but just wanted to say congrats to the Gators.

It was a total flip of the script today. UF looked more physical, more aggressive, and more confident from the jump. Even when FSU led at half it felt like it was just a temporary thing.

A lot of it is the amount of newcomers FSU is trying to get into the system. But UF had a great plan and executed it well.

@FlGator22 tip of the cap to your club!

Refs not calling this consistently at all. They can’t decide if they are gonna let them play or be ticky tacky. Gonna be tough for either team to get in a groove.

It was a bad bad game for the refs. Both sides had some legit gripes with the inconsistency.

After that emotional loss of Keyontae Johnson last year, I appreciate the class shown by Leonard Hamiltion by offering to cancel the game should the Florida players/coaches want it. kudos!

However, this Florida win over FSU was a much need win for the Gators.
Mike White and his new team should be congratulated!

With all of their new talent, FSU should keep improving and again be a formidable force in the ACC.
Good luck to both teams going forward!

ps seminole fans,
I am glad that your winning streak did not reach 8 games! :)
That 70-55 win on the basketball court mirrored our 70-52 win on the football field this past saturday. I don't know what to think about Dan Mullen anymore. Our AD stricklin will probably give Mullen more time to improve the product or else!

Congrats on your "come-from behind" win over Miami!
- that Florida-FSU game on the grid iron later this year could be more competitive than what I had imagined at the beginning of the season.

Hot take: this looks like it could be FSU’s worst basketball team in years.
FSU should be all right. They did score over 100 points in their first game.
Florida has turned into a much tougher, defensive minded team - that game was close for much of the time until the Gaotrs pulled away in the 2nd half.

Castleton with a couple massive games. Sucks he would’ve been relegated to backup because keeping him around would’ve been nice.

FSU should be all right. They did score over 100 points in their first game.
Florida has turned into a much tougher, defensive minded team - that game was close for much of the time until the Gaotrs pulled away in the 2nd half.
Agree - and that was no disrespect to FSU. They have been really good for a long time.

Agree - and that was no disrespect to FSU. They have been really good for a long time.

I think we will be better than last season come March. But it’s gonna take us 6 weeks to really get some of these new guys up to speed.

FELld-Er-VEAIpd-ZD.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: UF1Delt and rdgtr
The ESPN predictor to me is more off than the lines most of the time. UK had a sixty something percent chance of beating Duke according to ESPN. Even before the game was played, that didn't seem right at all.

ADVERTISEMENT