ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Gameday Thread

About to head to Notre Dame vs Louisville game. Notre Dame fans roll like Kentucky fans in basketball. Respect. Go Irish

^^^ fighting over the back seat on the short bus lol

Louisville will most likely get dubbed by ND tonight, and I’ve already put my money where my mouth is, 1st half and game spreads.

And despite losing snell and Allen, uks schedule is pretty meek for an sec slate. Tenn, vandy, mizzou, Arkansas, and sadly Louisville should all be very winnable games, plus Toledo and what other 1 or 2 cupcakes are on the ooc schedule.
Kentucky will smack Louisville around this season just like last year. Sit down

^^^ fighting over the back seat on the short bus lol

Louisville will most likely get dubbed by ND tonight, and I’ve already put my money where my mouth is, 1st half and game spreads.

And despite losing snell and Allen, uks schedule is pretty meek for an sec slate. Tenn, vandy, mizzou, Arkansas, and sadly Louisville should all be very winnable games, plus Toledo and what other 1 or 2 cupcakes are on the ooc schedule.

Toledo was probably our toughest OOC opponent

Kentucky will smack Louisville around this season just like last year. Sit down

I think you forgot to take your blinders off because he clearly included Louisville in the "very winnable games" section. Granted, we still haven't seen our team yet. Besides the point, still doesn't take away the fact that Uk's schedule this year is absolutely terrible.

I think you forgot to take your blinders off because he clearly included Louisville in the "very winnable games" section. Granted, we still haven't seen our team yet. Besides the point, still doesn't take away the fact that Uk's schedule this year is absolutely terrible.
It was the short bus comment, clearly

Recap of Notre Dame cucking Louisville in their own city:

Throws pep rally at 4th Street. Hangs banner over street.

Practices at Trinity, Louisville’s best football high school.

Sets up pop-up bookstore downtown. Packs it.

Throws party at Churchill Downs.

About to win by 50.

Come back any time ND

So you’re gonna screw up the draft tonight then.

Thanks.

Oh shit thought that was tomorrow. Nope. I’m just going because my fiancé is a huge fan. Will draft. Will probably put on auto draft after first 7 or so

1 week/2 weeks/ 1 month, your choice.

Nvm. I mis read. I'm up for it.

Sorry, we have a football avatar bet that last until the UK/UL basketball game?

No. I was asking jimbo if he wanted an avatar bet from the time the clock strikes 0 in football until tip off in basketball. That is because u and i already have an avatar bet for basketball

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No. I was asking jimbo if he wanted an avatar bet from the time the clock strikes 0 in football until tip off in basketball. That is because u and i already have an avatar bet for basketball
Gotcha. You're going to be wearing UK avatars for awhile. ;)

I didn't get to see any live games other than bits or pieces, but I did rewatch the UK game on youtubeTV. it was the only game I watched this weekend. I hope to see more this weekend.

btw, incase anyone w/ youtubeTV didn't know, If your game comes on and it's not available on youtubetv, check espn3/watchespn, and then when they ask you to sign in with your cable provider, use your youtubetv account. This weekend the UK game is going to be on SEC network alternate. I have SEC Network, but not alternate, so i'll be watching through espn3/app. This will probably work with ACCN games as well.

Last edited:
It was the short bus comment, clearly

I didn’t mean to offend anyone with disabilities, I just don’t know how else to describe a Kansas fan and a uk fan arguing over who has the better football program all time.

And yes uk will probly beat Louisville again this year, but it won’t be an ass beating like last year assuming both teams can stay relatively healthy. We a trying to rebuild petrinos dumpster fire, but I feel like we have a good coach now and was pleasantly surprised that we even competed with ND for most of the game after the Swiss cheese defense we had last year.

So yes we were THE acc doormat last year, but I don’t expect it to continue for 30-40 years ala uk every year but last year. Regardless, despite the debacle of last year, in this decade alone Louisville has won a bcs/New Years 6 bowl and had a heisman winner, something uk hasn’t done Since the inception of the bcs system. And just bc ur bowl game is on New Years doesn’t make it a New Years 6/ old bcs bowl. It used to be Orange, sugar, fiesta, rose bowl, now with the play offs I’m not totally sure if the New Years 6 bowls have the same names. Even lil ole Kansas snuck one of those in here recently.

Now to backpedal a bit, uk did have a helluva season last year. Smell and Allen were absolute monsters on the field, and the program trajectory seems to be headed up. If y’all can maintain some of that momentum and use a favorable schedule for another good year and keep the recruiting on the recent upswing, maybe stoops can elevate UK from historic sec doormat to consistently contending for bowl games or maybe even a consistent contender to win the sec east down the line. The biggest obstacle though is obv the conference. You can’t be one of the best teams in the nation if you can’t be one of the best teams in ur own conference, and as far as Uk has come (last year) they still have a ways to go to be compared with Georgia, bama, LSU, tx am, Florida etc. it does help that the sec east is a hot mess minus Georgia, then Florida and uk, who should be good as well, just not on Georgia’s level imo (tall task) The combination of tenn, vandy, and mizzou looks to be a complete mess, granted it’s early.

Last edited:
I didn’t mean to offend anyone with disabilities, I just don’t know how else to describe a Kansas fan and a uk fan arguing over who has the better football program all time.

And yes uk will probly beat Louisville again this year, but it won’t be an ass beating like last year assuming both teams can stay relatively healthy. We a trying to rebuild petrinos dumpster fire, but I feel like we have a good coach now and was pleasantly surprised that we even competed with ND for most of the game after the Swiss cheese defense we had last year.

Regardless, despite the debacle of last year, in this decade alone Louisville has won a bcs/New Years 6 bowl and had a heisman winner, something uk hasn’t done Since the inception of the bcs system. And just bc ur bowl game is on New Years doesn’t make it a New Years 6/ old bcs bowl. Orange, sugar, fiesta, rose bowl, play offs. Even lil ole Kansas snuck one of those in here recently.

Now to backpedal a bit, uk did have a helluva season last year. Smell and Allen were absolute monsters on the field, and the program trajectory seems to be headed up. If y’all can maintain some of that momentum and use a favorable schedule for another good year and keep the recruiting on the recent upswing, maybe stoops can elevate UK from historic sec doormat to consistently contending for bowl games or maybe even a consistent contender to win the sec east down the line.
Thanks for the compliments. If not for fumbles and penalties you could have won that game last night.

So yes we were THE acc doormat last year, but I don’t expect it to continue for 30-40 years ala uk every year but last year. Regardless, despite the debacle of last year, in this decade alone Louisville has won a bcs/New Years 6 bowl and had a heisman winner, something uk hasn’t done Since the inception of the bcs system. And just bc ur bowl game is on New Years doesn’t make it a New Years 6/ old bcs bowl. It used to be Orange, sugar, fiesta, rose bowl, now with the play offs I’m not totally sure if the New Years 6 bowls have the same names. Even lil ole Kansas snuck one of those in here recently.

Now to backpedal a bit, uk did have a helluva season last year. Smell and Allen were absolute monsters on the field, and the program trajectory seems to be headed up. If y’all can maintain some of that momentum and use a favorable schedule for another good year and keep the recruiting on the recent upswing, maybe stoops can elevate UK from historic sec doormat to consistently contending for bowl games or maybe even a consistent contender to win the sec east down the line. The biggest obstacle though is obv the conference. You can’t be one of the best teams in the nation if you can’t be one of the best teams in ur own conference, and as far as Uk has come (last year) they still have a ways to go to be compared with Georgia, bama, LSU, tx am, Florida etc. it does help that the sec east is a hot mess minus Georgia, then Florida and uk, who should be good as well, just not on Georgia’s level imo (tall task) The combination of tenn, vandy, and mizzou looks to be a complete mess, granted it’s early.

First, I wasn't arguing over who is better all-time. I give Kentucky a slight nod there between two pitiful programs.

Second, a Louisville fan doesn't have a lot to brag about, either. Being slightly above .500 all-time vs Pop Warner teams isn't impressive. Neither is a losing bowl record and having so few ranked teams throughout their history. Hell, KU's had about the same number of ranked teams as Louisville and MORE teams that finished in the top 10. Sad.

Reactions: RipThru
I wasn’t throwing Louisville into the mix. And our history is divided into before Howard schellenburg and after Howard came. We were pitiful before he came have been decent to average ever since with some down years mixed with some up years.

Last year we were historically bad. No arguing that.

I don’t know about all time stats or whatever, and I know making up certain time frames is lame and moving the goal posts, but I’m my lifetime (35 years) Louisville has been a better program than either Uk or Kansas, who have been known for consistently being a conference doormat to a point that from the outside looking in, it would appear that football is just been an appetizer to keep u busy until the real sports begin aka basketball.

Also being in a lower tier conference is a double edged sword, sure it’s easy to say u get to play worse teams and should have a better record etc, but when it comes to rankings you don’t get the benefit of the doubt if you drop a game or two you are gonna plummet in the polls. I’d Be interested in the numbers of times in the top 25 Louisville vs Kansas instead of the top ten you went with. Hell I can only remember maybe two top ten teams we’ve ever had, one with broom and bush (that’s a maybe) definitely with teddy the year we won the sugar bowl.

But whose to say Kansas or UK can’t take a step forward, they both seem to be trending upwards with UK coming off a great season last year.

First, I wasn't arguing over who is better all-time. I give Kentucky a slight nod there between two pitiful programs.

Second, a Louisville fan doesn't have a lot to brag about, either. Being slightly above .500 all-time vs Pop Warner teams isn't impressive. Neither is a losing bowl record and having so few ranked teams throughout their history. Hell, KU's had about the same number of ranked teams as Louisville and MORE teams that finished in the top 10. Sad.
We’ve also had 2 bcs bowl victories the past 15 years, what about the Jayhawks?

I wasn’t throwing Louisville into the mix. And our history is divided into before Howard schellenburg and after Howard came. We were pitiful before he came have been decent to average ever since with some down years mixed with some up years.

Last year we were historically bad. No arguing that.

I don’t know about all time stats or whatever, and I know making up certain time frames is lame and moving the goal posts, but I’m my lifetime (35 years) Louisville has been a better program than either Uk or Kansas, who have been known for consistently being a conference doormat to a point that from the outside looking in, it would appear that football is just been an appetizer to keep u busy until the real sports begin aka basketball.

Also being in a lower tier conference is a double edged sword, sure it’s easy to say u get to play worse teams and should have a better record etc, but when it comes to rankings you don’t get the benefit of the doubt if you drop a game or two you are gonna plummet in the polls. I’d Be interested in the numbers of times in the top 25 Louisville vs Kansas instead of the top ten you went with. Hell I can only remember maybe two top ten teams we’ve ever had, one with broom and bush (that’s a maybe) definitely with teddy the year we won the sugar bowl.

But whose to say Kansas or UK can’t take a step forward, they both seem to be trending upwards with UK coming off a great season last year.

Just using the AP, Louisville has had 11 ranked teams to KU's 7. KU's had a few others that were ranked in the coaches poll, but Louisville's wiki doesn't include that, so I just used AP. KU's had 3 top 10 teams; Louisville 2.

We’ve also had 2 bcs bowl victories the past 15 years, what about the Jayhawks?

Orange Bowl win.

The point was, for someone to roll in with that kind of arrogance, it should probably be a fan of an actual power.

Why do I have to be a fan of a traditional powerhouse to find it funny that a uk fan and a Kansas fan were even entertaining an argument
about who has a better football program when they both have been historically terrible. I don’t have to be a Clemson or Alabama fan to know that neither has had a great football program ever. Few good years sure, but all-time program status. I can’t find a better analogy than the one I’ve already offended people with.

I’m sorry I offended you with my “arrogance”, I wasn’t beating my chest or trying to show how good my team is, in fact the very next thing I typed was that I expected us to get beat by ND by 20 plus. Ur arrogance meter must go off the charts often.

it’s just that I thought it was funny that a Kansas and UK were arguing about football prestige period. That would be like an Alabama and Clemson fan on here arguing about who has the better all time basketball program. I found it humorous, sorry if it hurt ur feelings.

Why do I have to be a fan of a traditional powerhouse to find it funny that a uk fan and a Kansas fan were even entertaining an argument
about who has a better football program when they both have been historically terrible. I don’t have to be a Clemson or Alabama fan to know that neither has had a great football program ever. Few good years sure, but all-time program status. I can’t find a better analogy than the one I’ve already offended people with.

I’m sorry I offended you with my “arrogance”, I wasn’t beating my chest or trying to show how good my team is, in fact the very next thing I typed was that I expected us to get beat by ND by 20 plus. Ur arrogance meter must go off the charts often.

it’s just that I thought it was funny that a Kansas and UK were arguing about football prestige period. That would be like an Alabama and Clemson fan on here arguing about who has the better all time basketball program. I found it humorous, sorry if it hurt ur feelings.

Trust me, my feelings aren’t hurt.

And sure, you can offer whatever commentary you like. Just as Danny Devito is free to make fun of circus midgets if he wants to.Laughing

See that’s funny, and a really good analogy, good to see u can roll with the punches.

You urself said it was an arguement between two putrid programs, I just found humor in that.

Harbaugh going on 4th and 2 when he was in easy FG territory to take the lead late in the 4th is baffling. Then he does it again barely in Army territory and gets stuffed again.RollLaugh

I didn't get to see any live games other than bits or pieces, but I did rewatch the UK game on youtubeTV. it was the only game I watched this weekend. I hope to see more this weekend.

btw, incase anyone w/ youtubeTV didn't know, If your game comes on and it's not available on youtubetv, check espn3/watchespn, and then when they ask you to sign in with your cable provider, use your youtubetv account. This weekend the UK game is going to be on SEC network alternate. I have SEC Network, but not alternate, so i'll be watching through espn3/app. This will probably work with ACCN games as well.
fwiw, this does work for ACCN games.

Watched the 4th Quarter of the UCLA-Washington State game. Yes, I stayed up til 2 am watching that. Crazy stuff. Wazzou was leading 49-17 in the 3rd quarter... ended up losing 67-63... in regulation. UCLA put up 50 points in the second half. The losing quarterback threw for 9 touchdowns. Pac-12 Football is different, but fun to watch.

Watched the 4th Quarter of the UCLA-Washington State game. Yes, I stayed up til 2 am watching that. Crazy stuff. Wazzou was leading 49-17 in the 3rd quarter... ended up losing 67-63... in regulation. UCLA put up 50 points in the second half. The losing quarterback threw for 9 touchdowns. Pac-12 Football is different, but fun to watch.
I watched that too. Highest scoring Pac-12 game ever. Pretty typical Pac-12 game, lots of offense and zero defense.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT