ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Gameday Thread

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
How is your team expected to do today? Kansas is a 9 point favorite over Indiana State and it starts right now. Time to start drinking if you haven’t already. And better get that meat on the grill today.

Only other game I’m interested in watching is the Auburn-Oregon game later tonight. I’ll just channel flip the others based on what’s the current best game.

College football truly is the best sport to watch and I realize I’m saying that on the college basketball board. Only late March comes close to Saturday’s in the fall.

@hailtoyourvictor

It looks like Michigan has a pretty favorable schedule this year with all of their toughest games being at home. Will this be the season they beat Ohio State and make the CFB playoffs?

I hope so. I'm not one that thinks the season will be a failure if we don't, though.
With what’s ahead of them I would imagine the optimism is as high as any season under Harbaugh. I don’t know much about your players though.

It’s highly unlikely but if Kansas can get a hot start and receive atleast 1 receiving vote in any top 25 poll then it will be the biggest accomplishment in 10 years. That’s my hope for the year.

It’s going to be rough this yr without Allen and snell. Sure we are beating mighty Toledo right now, but that’s subject to change

With what’s ahead of them I would imagine the optimism is as high as any season under Harbaugh. I don’t know much about your players though.

It’s highly unlikely but if Kansas can get a hot start and receive atleast 1 receiving vote in any top 25 poll then it will be the biggest accomplishment in 10 years. That’s my hope for the year.

Optimism is high for sure. There are just Michigan fans that won't settle for anything less than beating OSU and making the playoffs. I'm not one of those. I'd love for it to happen, of course, but I'm not going to shit bricks if Michigan is merely a top 10 team.

Optimism is high for sure. There are just Michigan fans that won't settle for anything less than beating OSU and making the playoffs. I'm not one of those. I'd love for it to happen, of course, but I'm not going to shit bricks if Michigan is merely a top 10 team.
Probably the old guys who still believe Michigan is a football powerhouse. Winking

Failed to cover and outgained.

Was hoping Miles would be able to get a little more out of this group.

@hailtoyourvictor

Who’s getting the bulk of the carries tonight for Michigan? Tru?

Funny story. About a month ago I met one of their running backs (who will get carries today) on NBA 2K and we were just playing together the other night. I expect Charbonet, Wilson, and Turner to each get a full series to start the game.

I expect Charbonet to win the job, though.

Reactions: 829305
ISU won in Triple OT to be fair though UNI is ranked #18 in the FCS top 25 and had split the last 4 games between them.

Funny story. About a month ago I met one of their running backs (who will get carries today) on NBA 2K and we were just playing together the other night. I expect Charbonet, Wilson, and Turner to each get a full series to start the game.

I expect Charbonet to win the job, though.
Very cool. And thanks.

I just want to know about tonight. DFS purposes. Trying to read the tea leaves and it ain’t easy. Figured Tru might get the most tonight, but the others are cheaper. Hmm.

Very cool. And thanks.

I just want to know about tonight. DFS purposes. Trying to read the tea leaves and it ain’t easy. Figured Tru might get the most tonight, but the others are cheaper. Hmm.

Charbonet is the best of the three. I honestly think my buddy might get more carries than all of them because he’s their goal line back and will probably get 2nd half reps.

Probably not a good week to DFS any of them unless you can get Charbonet for cheap.

Very cool. And thanks.

If I was gonna DFS anyone it would be Shea. Michigan brought in gattis and his pass first offense and I’m not sure if his DFS price tag has been adjusted for that.

But there’s the problem of again him probably not playing in the 4th quarter.

If I was gonna DFS anyone it would be Shea. Michigan brought in gattis and his pass first offense and I’m not sure if his DFS price tag has been adjusted for that.

But there’s the problem of again him probably not playing in the 4th quarter.
Im all over Shea. 50% of my lineups. Split WR choices between all 3 of the main ones and even used Bell in a couple, hoping ol boy goes off and Khakis wants to make a statement. I used a Mich RB in the 50% I don’t use Shea.

Edit: Shea isn’t even in top 4-5 QBs tonight by price. He’s way too cheap. He’ll be highly owned. Chalk I’ll eat.

Cats started 1 - 0 yesterday. Didn’t have a chance to watch much college football unfortunately. Was doing my fantasy beerlympics

I have always been able to smile knowing as bad as Kentucky is at football, there will always be bigger consistent losers. Thanks Kansas

Kansas is a football school now ???

Les Miles going to get that team right.
Still think they need a better QB.

Everyone knows who KU is. That Jayhawk sells. Could be good at both basketball and football. David Booth is helping in regards to money.

Definitely need a better QB.

Might have one on the roster. Was surprised to see Stanley get the start yesterday.

I have always been able to smile knowing as bad as Kentucky is at football, there will always be bigger consistent losers. Thanks Kansas

Always? So we’re already writing off Miles? All he’s ever done is win.

The Reesing years were way more fun than any period in Kentucky’s recent history. Plus...Orange Bowl, baby.

Always? So we’re already writing off Miles? All he’s ever done is win.

The Reesing years were way more fun than any period in Kentucky’s recent history. Plus...Orange Bowl, baby.
Kentucky is years ahead of Kansas as a program right now. I like Miles, not writing him off at all.

Surely you aren’t arguing Kansas is better than Kentucky all time, right?

Definitely need a better QB.

Might have one on the roster. Was surprised to see Stanley get the start yesterday.

Stanley made some decent throws.
A few playaction passes but his WR had to get the ball.
I liked some of the offense KU was running yesterday and that was without Pooka. Interested in seeing what they do with Pooka.
That Boston College game is big for them.

Kentucky is years ahead of Kansas as a program right now. I like Miles, not writing him off at all.

Surely you aren’t arguing Kansas is better than Kentucky all time, right?

You said “there will always be bigger consistent losers.” That seems to imply that Miles has no chance of building something at Kentucky’s level. Mangino reached greater heights a decade ago.

I never said anything about all-time, but it’s something like .470 vs .461. Strange thing to smile about.:cool:

^^^ fighting over the back seat on the short bus lol

Louisville will most likely get dubbed by ND tonight, and I’ve already put my money where my mouth is, 1st half and game spreads.

And despite losing snell and Allen, uks schedule is pretty meek for an sec slate. Tenn, vandy, mizzou, Arkansas, and sadly Louisville should all be very winnable games, plus Toledo and what other 1 or 2 cupcakes are on the ooc schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT