ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K rant.

So he would risk that reputation for some kid from Oregon who he will never see.

Uh, No. Makes no sense.

Again, you miss the point. His ego got hurt when the dude tried to rub his nose in a loss, and he couldn't help himself. Had to teach a "life lesson".

Again, you miss the point. His ego got hurt when the dude tried to rub his nose in a loss, and he couldn't help himself. Had to teach a "life lesson".
I would say the loss hurts enough. And K saying you are better than that is really not a big deal. Unless you area UNc fan or UK fan I guess.

I would say the loss hurts enough. And K saying you are better than that is really not a big deal. Unless you area UNc fan or UK fan I guess.

You've already admitted K didn't know him and would never see him again. How does he know the kid is "better than that"? It was all ego driven.

And in case you missed it, there were a lot of articles written about it. I doubt all those folks were fans.

I wish the kid would have told him to take his L and get fvcked. The melt down from K would have been epic.

I wish some of those duke kids would've given Coach K the bird while that was going on. That would've been awesome. Duke probably would've expelled the student which would've made K look like even more of an ass.

The shot clock was running out. If he hadn't taken a shot then it would have resulted in a turnover. This would've hurt his stats (good stats lead to better pro basketball opportunities) and it would have hurt his team's computer offense rankings. A coach needs these types of rankings to remain high. He can show recruits that his style of play is consistently ranked high through advanced metrics. So Brooks had to take this shot to help his future and to help the man who literally changed his life like no other person has ever done outside of his family.

But K ignored all of this and had to pull the kid aside and say, buddy that's not how things work around here. You don't do that (to me). The fact that K lied to the press about it (we all watched the video and heard what he said) shows us that K was so upset in the moment he let his emotions get the best of him and had to let some kid 1/3 of his age hear about it. That is not class at all.

Brooks did the classy thing here. He respected his elders even when his elders disrespected him.

The shot clock was running out. If he hadn't taken a shot then it would have resulted in a turnover. This would've hurt his stats (good stats lead to better pro basketball opportunities) and it would have hurt his team's computer offense rankings. A coach needs these types of rankings to remain high. He can show recruits that his style of play is consistently ranked high through advanced metrics. So Brooks had to take this shot to help his future and to help the man who literally changed his life like no other person has ever done outside of his family.

But K ignored all of this and had to pull the kid aside and say, buddy that's not how things work around here. You don't do that (to me). The fact that K lied to the press about it (we all watched the video and heard what he said) shows us that K was so upset in the moment he let his emotions get the best of him and had to let some kid 1/3 of his age hear about it. That is not class at all.

Brooks did the classy thing here. He respected his elders even when his elders disrespected him.
Do you have the link of the conversation between the two right after the game. I have never heard that.

So you think the kid was thinking of his stats during the game. Wow, kind of selfish don't you think

Do you have the link of the conversation between the two right after the game. I have never heard that.

So you think the kid was thinking of his stats during the game. Wow, kind of selfish don't you think
I think the kid was thinking of his and his families future. He was also thinking of his coach. K appeared to be thinking of himself.

The link has been posted ITT.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Yep, he lied. Should not have done that.

I think the kid was thinking of his and his families future. He was also thinking of his coach. K appeared to be thinking of himself.

The link has been posted ITT.
So you have the lottery numbers huh? Lots of psychics on this site. Mind readers and just pure geniuses.

So you have the lottery numbers huh? Lots of psychics on this site. Mind readers and just pure geniuses.
giphy.gif

I feel like Duke fans don't really feel the same when a Roy or Cal are involved in something. It is always only much ado about nothing when K does something dumb.

I know that both Roy and K have gone into opposing locker rooms to congratulate the other team at times and it always kind of makes me cringe. It always seemed like kind of a pretentious move to me.

I can't speak for everyone, but sure there are times Duke fans blow things out of proportion. Everyone does sometimes. You just hope that they realize it sooner rather than later.

I disagree about going into opposing locker rooms; I think that's a pretty magnanimous act for a coaching icon to do, I don't get how genuinely congratulating someone would be wrong, and the guys in those locker rooms probably won't forget it.

Wait? This was a five page thread? K yelling at Crazies because he thought they were saying foul crap about his former player/coach (which he admit he made a mistake and apologized)?

Wow!

Duke/Coach K provides oxygen to the masses!

Reactions: TheDude1
I wish some of those duke kids would've given Coach K the bird while that was going on. That would've been awesome. Duke probably would've expelled the student which would've made K look like even more of an ass.

Random story about middle fingers and Cameron...

So my sophomore year, I can't remember why, but for some reason I was on the wrong side of the court. I was sitting right behind the scorers table. It's maybe 30, 40 minutes before the game. So I look across the court and I see my roommate there in the Crazies. Now my roommate was a good dude, but SUPER dopey (of course, he is now some executive manager board member something or other at Goldman). He is looking like RIGHT at me, but doesn't seem to register that it is me. So I wave. Nothing. I wave with both hands. Nothing. I turn to our friend next to us, and we are both like "WTF, I know Chuck is clueless, but he is looking like RIGHT at us?" So we BOTH wave, big, hands over our head. Nothing. At this point we are both starting to laugh... like, everyone knows he is dopey, but wtf? So finally I'm like "**** it, I'm giving him the finger." So I do. Nothing. And at that moment I decide that I am going to give him the finger until he notices. **** it. Operation Make Charlie Notice Me Giving Him The Finger commences. He is still standing there, looking around, just clueless, as we are all busting out laughing and I'm standing there giving him the bird. And I will NOT stop till he notices.

About two minutes in, a producer from ESPN comes right up to the scorers table and LACES into me. Like, UNHINGED. So apparently I hadn't noticed because I was so focused on my roomie, but they were doing a segment RIGHT in front of the scorers table, and there was idiot me, seemingly giving the camera the finger for the ENTIRE segment.

I was mortified, but also the slightest bit amused.

And my dope roommate never noticed.

There you go; random story of a crazy getting chewed out and giving the finger.

Wait? This was a five page thread? K yelling at Crazies because he thought they were saying foul crap about his former player/coach (which he admit he made a mistake and apologized)?

Wow!

Eh, I would bet if another HOF coach went nuts yelling at his own fans like that we would discuss it here. Thankfully, I bet we will never know.

Eh, I would bet if another HOF coach went nuts yelling at his own fans like that we would discuss it here. Thankfully, I bet we will never know.

Not like he kicked a fan from the opposing team out of the Arena and blamed it on the earthquake in Haiti.

Wow!

LIke I said earlier in this thread, flip that around and you guys will be leading the charge. No need to get sensitive about your coach doing/saying crazy things. They all do.

Quavarius said:

Not like he kicked a fan from the opposing team out of the Arena and blamed it on the earthquake in Haiti.[/quote]

So you are saying Roy blamed the Presbyterian incident on the earthquake in Haiti or did you just screw up the grammar?

Last edited:
I disagree about going into opposing locker rooms; I think that's a pretty magnanimous act for a coaching icon to do, I don't get how genuinely congratulating someone would be wrong, and the guys in those locker rooms probably won't forget it.

Perhaps it was his timing.

Maybe their junk was hanging out at the time . . . ?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone, but sure there are times Duke fans blow things out of proportion. Everyone does sometimes. You just hope that they realize it sooner rather than later.

Everything about this is gay,

Wow!

#dukeeffect

It’s a good thing that Brooks was the bigger man (literally and figuratively). Could’ve gotten out of hand.

Wow!

Margaret:
Those two, they're ruining this war, for all of us!

RipThru said:

Update: In an effort to spin his outburst, Coach K now blames his rant against the student section on his fragile emotional state due to Kobe's death.

https://www.nationofblue.com/coach-...tburst-was-in-part-due-to-kobe-bryants-death/

If true, that’s definitely cringeworthy.

I’m assuming the comment about showing the clips of past fans is satire. That would like, ‘Sorry, not really though. Still your fault.’

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT