ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago suggestions!

Scotty00

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2008
Heading to Chicago this Friday for the weekend for the Chicago Fan Expo to meet Michael J Fox and the Back to the future cast, Chevy Chase and the National Lampoons Vacation cast as well as a few others. Gonna have one day (prolly Friday to do things in and around Chicago) to do whatever and I need some suggestions. We are gonna go see Wrigley Field and the Jordan statue but need a few other things to do and places to eat. Gonna spend a big chunk of change at the convention so I’d like to keep it cheap as possible. I know we are doing Willis Tower but that’s about it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Navy pier, Lincoln park this time of year, just walk around downtown. Pequods the best deep dish imo, there or Lou's. D'Amato's for Italian bakery, pizza bread is bomb, subs, cookies, Italian ice, etc. Some of my favs but honestly just walk around and enjoy the city.

Navy pier, Lincoln park this time of year, just walk around downtown. Pequods the best deep dish imo, there or Lou's. D'Amato's for Italian bakery, pizza bread is bomb, subs, cookies, Italian ice, etc. Some of my favs but honestly just walk around and enjoy the city.
Gino's East is the best Chicago style pizza IMO.

Heading to Chicago this Friday for the weekend for the Chicago Fan Expo to meet Michael J Fox and the Back to the future cast, Chevy Chase and the National Lampoons Vacation cast as well as a few others. Gonna have one day (prolly Friday to do things in and around Chicago) to do whatever and I need some suggestions. We are gonna go see Wrigley Field and the Jordan statue but need a few other things to do and places to eat. Gonna spend a big chunk of change at the convention so I’d like to keep it cheap as possible. I know we are doing Willis Tower but that’s about it.
this topic seems right up my alley having lived in the area since 1970 and having lived in the city itself from 1995-2020. The problem is in the 3 years since I left the city proper it's like my mind has been wiped clean of all my knowledge of the city. I literally have no clue what you should do in Chicago anymore. Try not to get killed would be my best suggestion.

I second what @IUBtown said about pizza. Pequods and Lou's are the best. Gino's is complete trash.

Besides deepdish, tavern style pizza is pretty great too.

if your out drunk late at night stop by Wiener Circle in Lincoln Park for the show and definitely order a chocolate shake.

I haven't been to Grant park lately, but I'm sure it's cool for tourists. Walk up and down Michigan Ave and once again try not get robbed or murdered.

Going to Jordan statue and Wrigley Field in the same day might be a pain in the ass. I hate the Cubs, but at least Wrigleyville is a cool area to explore I guess. Jordan statue is pretty much just that, nothing else to see around there.

Reactions: Scotty00
where are you staying?

I enjoy the River North and Fulton River District

Why go to the jordan statue?

I don't really like tourist activities and you mentioned several but if the weather is nice, the architectural boat tour was actually informative and entertaining...and you can drink

I don't really like tourist activities and you mentioned several but if the weather is nice, the architectural boat tour was actually informative and entertaining...and you can drink
yes! Forgot about this. Definitely do the architechtural boat tour. It's fantastic and best way to see the loop. Much better than going to Wrigley or Jordan statue. You could probably squeeze the Jordan statue into that day as well, they're not too far from each other.

Reactions: Sparty_57
yes! Forgot about this. Definitely do the architechtural boat tour. It's fantastic and best way to see the loop. Much better than going to Wrigley or Jordan statue. You could probably squeeze the Jordan statue into that day as well, they're not too far from each other.
Is there something special about the Jordan statue?

Key word being “yet”…I keep my jewishness to a minimum round these parts though
So you don't wear this shirt?

images

Thanks everybody! Yea nothing really speacisl about the Jordan statue just gonna see it to say I seen it. Not a Cubs fan either (Go RedSox) just wanna see Wrigley to say I’ve seen it. Prolly gonna try Pequods and Lou’s Pizza. Had several others here in my town tell me that those two was better than the other places mentioned. Should be a fun trip. I’m a huge 80’s movie person so meeting Michael J Fox, Chevy Chase, Susan Sarandon, Kiefer Sullivan and a few others will be pretty awesome. Makes me sick knowing the money I’m about to spend🤢💸💸

Heard this is a great local bar, OP. Free T shirt for all first time visitors and half off the City Pass package!

manhole-lr_76olx6i.jpg
The dude could get killed or mugged, and you're trying to get him raped, I am heading to bed on that one, got to go back to work tonight, now with bad dreams I bet. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty_57
no area in the city is nice and safe anymore and definitely not River North. You need to be on full alert these days in any neighborhood, especially at night.

Really? Had no problems there a last year and it was night time. Went out for dinner and walked back to the hotel.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Really? Had no problems there a last year and it was night time. Went out for dinner and walked back to the hotel.

No, that's statistically impossible. No one has executed this feat and lived to tell about it.

ADVERTISEMENT