ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago suggestions!

Heading to Chicago this Friday for the weekend for the Chicago Fan Expo to meet Michael J Fox and the Back to the future cast, Chevy Chase and the National Lampoons Vacation cast as well as a few others. Gonna have one day (prolly Friday to do things in and around Chicago) to do whatever and I need some suggestions. We are gonna go see Wrigley Field and the Jordan statue but need a few other things to do and places to eat. Gonna spend a big chunk of change at the convention so I’d like to keep it cheap as possible. I know we are doing Willis Tower but that’s about it.
I can't imagine your collection.

Hey @Scotty00 , I was down in River North/Loop last night for dinner for the first time in a very long time. It felt like old times, lots of people, no issues, great scenary. Had dinner at Chicago Cut. I highly recommend. If you're looking for a steakhouse, it's one of the better ones and it has amazing outdoor seating right on the Chicago River. Sat out there last night. Food was outstanding too.

Personal pizza favorites are Milly’s, Art of Pizza and Michael’s original. Non pizza..I’m a huge fan of frontera and catch 35.

I like the Lincoln Park Zoo; it's free.

You can rent DIVY bikes and ride the Lakefront Trail on Lake Michigan. I've been riding my bike there for almost 20 years and still enjoy it every time.

Millennium Park is great.

Don't be afraid to use the CTA(Trains/Busses). But also, don't use busses during rush hour; you can walk faster.

Hey @Scotty00 , I was down in River North/Loop last night for dinner for the first time in a very long time. It felt like old times, lots of people, no issues, great scenary. Had dinner at Chicago Cut. I highly recommend. If you're looking for a steakhouse, it's one of the better ones and it has amazing outdoor seating right on the Chicago River. Sat out there last night. Food was outstanding too.
Love Chicago Cut. Can kind of be your typical high end steakhouse, actual not chains, but they're consistent and the views are awesome especially during the holiday season.

Who's surprised some chick from Tennessee thinks Gino's is the best? Southerners version of seasoning is salt and they worship Waffle House and Cracker Barrel.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Who's surprised some chick from Tennessee thinks Gino's is the best? Southerners version of seasoning is salt and they worship Waffle House and Cracker Barrel.
A true southerner cooks their own breakfast. Cracker barrel sucks. And slap ya mamma is the seasoning in my house.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT