ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina- Duke game

I see Cal prefers neutral site games now b/c of NCAA Tournament preparation. Can’t imagine where he got that idea from?

The influence is mutual.

The only place I think you can really see Cal's influence on K is the idea of the pro day that Duke adopted a few years after UK started it (although obviously Duke has had scouts close to the program for years.)

Edit: I should add that I don't give Cal credit for getting K to do OAD... K was already TRYING to recruit these guys, he just wasn't landing them. Many coaches are and were recruiting multiple top players... Cal was just the first to have the space to give them all time after he cut down the UK team when he got there, and you need playing time to bring the guys in. Cal took a LOT of crap for being the first to be able to do it, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
Just got ITT.

Are we reliving that wonderful night in Greenville, SC when Carolina dominated Duke in the 2nd round to advance to the Sweet 16 and eventually the Final Four?

Ah yes that was a great night. Frank Martin outcoached and outclass Coach K that night.

I knew people would be talking about that night for years to coming.

Just got ITT.

Are we reliving that wonderful night in Greenville, SC when Carolina dominated Duke in the 2nd round to advance to the Sweet 16 and eventually the Final Four?

Ah yes that was a great night. Frank Martin outcoached and outclass Coach K that night.

I knew people would be talking about that night for years to coming.

I thought you guys had been replaced by Auburn fans?

Nope. Wife had a kid late last year so i was having a hard time keeping up with Cocks Hoops due to lack of sleep.

Now the baby is a bit older and I'm able to watch more.games.
The ol "wife had a kid" excuse again I see.
Maybe that's Della's excuse
Lol
Welcome back George!

Nope. Wife had a kid late last year so i was having a hard time keeping up with Cocks Hoops due to lack of sleep.

Now the baby is a bit older and I'm able to watch more.games.

You were smart to have a kid when you knew you guys would suck

Reactions: TheDude1
OT but I’m at Jalen Johnson’s game tonight and he’s impressive
I thought maybe this was a Carolina recruit so I googled him. Nope, a Dukie who will be at his third high school in three years. These type of kids are the worst, or I suppose it could be his mom/dad.

Edit: Or, I could be jumping to conclusions, but I doubt it. See this crap all the time around here.

I thought maybe this was a Carolina recruit so I googled him. Nope, a Dukie who will be at his third high school in three years. These type of kids are the worst, or I suppose it could be his mom/dad.

Edit: Or, I could be jumping to conclusions, but I doubt it. See this crap all the time around here.
He was the one who was flirting with overseas and many were worried wouldn't actually end up attending Duke next year, I believe. Don't think he was eligible for his high school all Star games.

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT